Assassin's Creed Rogue Preview - Templars Do It Indiscriminately

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Assassin's Creed Rogue Preview - Templars Do It Indiscriminately

Ubisoft?s upcoming last-gen entry in the Assassin?s Creed franchise, Rogue, puts you in the shoes of an assassin-turned-templar, which is a first for the series.

Read Full Article

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
No love for AC3, just found it boring, but AC: Black Flag is a great game, so this is looking good, interested to see the whole fight from a templar stand point and wonder how this will tie into the overall story.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I haven't given up on the Assassin's Creed franchise, but with the amount they release I never buy them right away because I don't have time to play them. Now my favorite parts of Assassin's Creed 3 was the beginning, but after that it got boring again. Now I am more interested in the story behind Rogue over Unity only because it seems to be a different take on the story instead of focusing on the Assassin's side of the conflict.

Now I recently finished Assassin's Creed: Liberation on the PC and aside from a couple of small issues I had I think I enjoyed it a lot more of any of the Assassin's Creed games of recent memory for there seems to be "new feeling" aspects to the game and I could take time and wander around the city without killing dozens (if not hundreds) of guards.

Now unfortunately unless they release Rogue for the PC I won't be playing it for my 360 died just before the new consoles were released and I don't plan on buying another one for one last game.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Sanunes said:
Now I recently finished Assassin's Creed: Liberation on the PC and aside from a couple of small issues I had I think I enjoyed it a lot more of any of the Assassin's Creed games of recent memory for there seems to be "new feeling" aspects to the game and I could take time and wander around the city without killing dozens (if not hundreds) of guards.
If it makes you anymore interested, the same people who made Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Ubisoft Sofia, also made Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I have yet to be dissapointed to the point of wanting to return an AC game, and in fact find myself going back to play all of them every so often, so I am very much looking forward to this. Seeing the story from the Templar's point of view for the entirety of the story should certainly be interesting.

I also quite like the idea of being hunted by an Assassin while just playing the game normally, should be awesome to have the tables turned on us for once.

Also, I'm likely in the minority here, but praise be to Atheismo that Cormac wields a dagger in his off-hand instead of a second full-sized sword, that drove me nuts in Black Flag, hopefully we'll also see a return of blunt weapons and axes as well. Never cared for being forced to use swords and nothing else as a main weapon.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I guarantee whoever designed the model for that ship has no understanding of a) boating and b) history. Not only would it be slow and un-manoeuvreable as fuck due to the displacement, it wouldn't have anywhere near enough power to break ice just using sails. There's a reason why 'icebreakers' as we know them today didn't exist until steam power was invented.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
I really liked Black Flag a lot and this looks more interesting to me than Unity, but I'm still in that boat of why can't I play a female character in this?