One Lucky Pokemon Gets Its First Evolution as a Mega

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
One Lucky Pokemon Gets Its First Evolution as a Mega

<youtube=rBy8IRMo3aQ>​
Nintendo announced Audino as the next Pokemon to have a Mega Evolution in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Audino will be able to Mega Evolve in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The special evolution, which was first introduced in Pokemon X and Y will mark the first time Audino is able to evolve.

Audino is a normal-type Pokemon that does not evolve from or into another Pokemon. Players can obtain a mega stone in Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. While in battle, with the mega stone Audino can evolve into Mega Audino. It gains the fairy type in its mega evolved form, and its defense and special defense increase. With the healer ability, Mega Audino has a 30% chance of curing the status condition of an adjacent ally at the end of every turn. This makes Mega Audino a perfect pick for a support position in double and triple Pokemon battles.

Other previously announced mega evolutions include Metagross. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135119-Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphires-New-Mega-Evolutions-Revealed]

[gallery=3005]

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire should have a healthy mix of elements from the original Ruby and Sapphire as well as additions introduced in X and Y. Nintendo already confirmed secret bases [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136004-Secret-Bases-Return-for-Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire], first introduced in Ruby and Sapphire will return for the remakes. Nintendo hasn't said a word on whether character customization and clothes shopping (from X and Y) will be in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launch on the 3DS November 21.

Source: Pokemon Company [http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/new-mega-evolutions/mega-audino]

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Ah, good ol' Audino. I murdered thousands of these guys in Black & White since they were excellent experience buckets.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
No mention of Mega Slowbro I see. Also...
roseofbattle said:
Other previously announced mega evolutions include Metagross. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135119-Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphires-New-Mega-Evolutions-Revealed]
It's spelt Salamence, you didn't include Sableye and Kyogre/Groudon didn't get a Mega Evolution, they got a Primal Reversion.

lol scrub

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
No thanks...

Do something like Mega Beedrill and I would actually use it in a battle.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Maybe you could of mention that it is the first Gen 5 (Black and White) Pokemon to get a mega form?

Either way, while I do like its mega form but I still have no intention of using it (its play style being the healer doesn't suit me).

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Maybe you could of mention that it is the first Gen 5 (Black and White) Pokemon to get a mega form?

Either way, while I do like its mega form but I still have no intention of using it (its play style being the healer doesn't suit me).
Yeah, the fact that Audino's a Healer in a game that's 99% 1v1 combat always struck me as a bit odd.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
That Mega Slowbro though. I'd complain about its design if it weren't so hilariously appropriate.

And yeah, Audino wasn't good for much asides from the stupid amounts of EXP they give. Shame the Mega versions can't be farmed for more...

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Brian Tams said:
Ah, good ol' Audino. I murdered thousands of these guys in Black & White since they were excellent experience buckets.
That's really all Audinos have ever been good for. They serve no purpose in battles at all, which is why I think it's a waste that the first Gen 5 Pokemon to get the Mega Evolution is Audino. Why not give it to Maractus, Emolga, or hell everyone's favorite electric/ground type:

Sad thing is, I'll probably see a Mega version of that pokemon or damn Lickilicky before I see Mega Tropius or Mega Chandelure. T^T

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Brian Tams said:
Oh God yes. The Pokémassacre was worth it, though.

I wonder if there will be payback.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Pokemon news huh?

*it is about megas*

Oh.

*goes back to Star Citizen*

[sub]It's not even a cool one either. >.<[/sub]

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
The question here being "Why in gods name would I ever Mega Evolve an Audino?" It has meh stats, it's a normal type, and it learns few damanging attacks.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
mew4ever23 said:
The question here being "Why in gods name would I ever Mega Evolve an Audino?" It has meh stats, it's a normal type, and it learns few damaging attacks.
You would mega evolve it if you needed a good support Pokemon for double battles. Mega evolving gives it a free Defense and Special Defense boost and you can just use Wish on the same turn. Double Edge Wish and Calm Mind can also make for a good combo. It also gets Fairy typing and has access to Draining Kiss if you want to exploit the type bonus it gets.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
The Great JT said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
The Great JT said:
Argh, I hate it. Fighting-type at the ready, man.
Fairy Type Pokemon resist Fighting Type moves.
Oh come on, its typing changes/changed? Fine. Y'know what? Fine. Nidoking's got its number anyway.
Does it? Audino has access to Psychic and Calm Mind and a free buff to it's defenses may make it more of a threat than it looks...

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
Shame I ain't got no use for it. I would love a digivolved Flygon though. It could be dragon-ghost and get the ability sandstorm or something.