The Most Anticipated Games Coming This Month

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If they can capture the things I liked about Defense Grid in the sequel, I'm there. Also, the tutorial was hard?

"Massive Chalice" was the title of my last erotica novel.

Dec 10, 2012
I may be dropping a big poop on this party here, but I am not interested in any of these games. Is this all that's coming for the rest of the year? Oh well, I guess it's back to digging through my game library again for something I haven't played 8 times already.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
TheVampwizimp said:
I may be dropping a big poop on this party here, but I am not interested in any of these games. Is this all that's coming for the rest of the year? Oh well, I guess it's back to digging through my game library again for something I haven't played 8 times already.
October has a BL:TPS, which is the only game this year I'm still looking forward to.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
I had no idea they were even making another Gauntlet. The series has been one of my favorites, so I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on that. Shadow of Mordor has interested me since I first caught wind of it, though I may wait 'til the reviews roll in before making my decision. In the meantime, I have too many games in my Steam library that I need to finish.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Yeah think I'll skip on Sims 4, just seems like too little actual improvement and more just EA gearing up to flood us with DLC packs.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
As much as Shadow of Mordor looks like an AC clone (even down to the way the hero walks, with his little half cloak), it still does look really interesting to me. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about it being in the Tolkien-verse, even if you just set it in the middle of Generic Fantasy Land 27, the game setup seems really cool and fun.

I'll definitely check it out a year after it comes out on steam sale xD

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Zachary Amaranth said:
Also, the tutorial was hard?
I remember having to look up a walkthrough to get through the original Shogun:Total War tutorial. Waddaya mean I have to charge their spearmen with my archers?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Pyrian said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Also, the tutorial was hard?
I remember having to look up a walkthrough to get through the original Shogun:Total War tutorial. Waddaya mean I have to charge their spearmen with my archers?
Well, I mean, I just watched a ProJared video on YouTube yesterday where he died in the tutorial, but I have trouble imagining that as the case for Defense Grid. I thought it explained everything pretty darn well.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Brian Sperduto said:
You forgot Persona 4 Arena Ultimax! =P Out on September 30th.
That will probably be the only game I buy in September. So hyped!

Shadows of Mordor does look interesting but I'll probably wait a few months before I consider buying it. Being a WB game it'll have DLC coming out of its arse most likely.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Massive chalice sounds right up my alley but the images are just bowling shoe ugly.

Defence grid 2 will be worth a blast, i doubt my laptop will run gauntlet but destiny looks interesting. I managed to miss the beta though.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
It is very easy to use dismissal as a means of erasing any sense that anything has gone wrong.

Cal Shackleford

Aug 9, 2014
Wow Massive Chalice looks pretty impressive, first time hearing of it if I'm honest. Interesting engine, kind of makes me think of Godus meets Dungeon Siege actually. Beautiful music in their videos too!

As a long time fan/addict I really hope the Sims 4 turns out well, most the news I've been hearing about it seems to be a "one step forward, one step back and one to the side" but on the bright side it looks like it'll be far smoother and stable than Sims 3.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
TheVampwizimp said:
I'm in the same boat. The only game I was excited for this year was Batman Arkham Knight but that had to go and get delayed.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Wouldn't really call the Sims 4 an "Amazing Release," but at some point I'll probably pick it up. It'll be interesting to see how launch goes, since I'm morbidly curious to see if they pull a PvZ: Garden Warfare with it.

Something tells me they will. :(