Adrianne Palicki is S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Mockingbird

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Adrianne Palicki is S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Mockingbird

The (almost) former Wonder Woman to play fan-favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent

Adrianne Palicki never got to see her stint as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110007-NBC-Turns-Down-Wonder-Woman-Pilot]

Palicki will guest-star in an as-yet unknown capacity as Agent Barbara "Bobbi" Morse, aka "Mockingbird," on the series. The the character's appearance was first teased by new-season regular Patton Oswalt at San Diego Comic-Con last month. She joins an impressive roster of talent including Lucy Lawless and Kyle MacLachlan scheduled to make appearances in the new season.

Debuting as a supporting character in the adventures of Marvel's Tarzan-analogue Ka-Zar: The Jungle Lord, [http://marvel.com/universe/Ka-Zar_(Kevin_Plunder)] Mockingbird shot to fan-favorite status as the partner, love-interest and eventual wife of Hawkeye in a well-regarded 1983 miniseries. The two characters eventually co-founded The West Coast Avengers. It is not yet known whether this indicates the possibility of Jeremy Renner (who plays Hawkeye in the Marvel films) appearing on Agents.

Source: THR [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-enlists-adrianne-palicki-726118]

B5Alpha

Oct 4, 2012
Let's be honest. If they can get anyone from the movies to make an appearance on that show, it would be Jeremy Renner.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
I was hoping they would find a way to add her into the show, renner may be a longshot though as he's probably gonna be busy filming the next borne film once avengers 2 fully wraps up(counting any re-shoots they need to do)but of the movie cast he's the one guy who would be easiest to use in the series without having him outshine the cast with his powers.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
MovieBob said:
Mockingbird shot to fan-favorite status as the partner, love-interest and eventual wife of Hawkeye in a well-regarded 1983 miniseries.
I just felt a thousand Clintasha fans cry out in unison... and suddenly silenced by old school comic fans...

OT: Still waiting for Lawless to play Wonder Women's mum DC... DO IT!

vid87

May 17, 2010
Really weird how the revolving door of comics keeps happening - if you're working for one company, sooner or later you'll be working for the other or at the very least getting more than one role with the same company.

SeeDarkly_Xero

Jan 24, 2014
Palicki, a "self-professed comic fan," had probably just gotten tired of DC's failed attempts to give her anything to do past one fleeting episode of Smallville as "not-Supergirl." In addition to the Wonder Woman non-starter, she was also cast as a villain in the Aquaman series they never got off the ground. How much of that kind of disappointment do you take before deciding to move on?

Honestly, I like this casting a lot.
Her physicality in the un-aired WW pilot showed her potential for solid fight scenes if it offered little else.
(Well... that AND GI JOE...)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
B5Alpha said:
Let's be honest. If they can get anyone from the movies to make an appearance on that show, it would be Jeremy Renner.
Well Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) already did appear on the show....

I know nothing about Mockinbird.
But more hot women on Tv, yay! xD

Matt Raven

Feb 15, 2011
I cant believe that Agents got a second series.. Like I know why it did, as its a huge marketing train for the upcoming Avengers movies ( which i cannot wait for ).
However, as a stand alone series its was terrible and incredibly boring. Deep down i am sure I am just angry that rubbish like this gets to continue and yet no more Firefly.

Brown Coat for life!

B5Alpha

Oct 4, 2012
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:

You're right, I forgot. I meant among the avengers themselves, because apparently owning a bow fulfills membership requirements.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
B5Alpha said:
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:

You're right, I forgot. I meant among the avengers themselves, because apparently owning a bow fulfills membership requirements.
They got Coulson, he's got a big alien laser cannon :D

I understand what you mean. And I guess he or Black Widow would be one of the two to appear in the series, if only momenteraly.
But I got to say I actually like Hawkeye, I mean Tony Stark doesn't actually have a superpower either, just a cool armor that can do stuff for him. I know the bow isn't half as impressive as that, but what he can do with it is kinda cool. Just a shame he doesn't get too much screentime to show those skills of :/

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
She's a decent actress (the problems with the WW Pilot had a lot more to do with the script than with her and some obvious executive meddling) so good for her.

Coincidentally, I just finished re-reading New Avengers: Reunion (the book where Mockingbird comes back having actually been replaced by a Skrull, not dead) and is acting as a solo SHIELD agent akin to Hawkeye (in the movies, in the comics he a former criminal who went legit only being added to SHIELD after the movie success) or Black Widow.

B5Alpha

Oct 4, 2012
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:

I understand what you mean. And I guess he or Black Widow would be one of the two to appear in the series, if only momenteraly.
But I got to say I actually like Hawkeye, I mean Tony Stark doesn't actually have a superpower either, just a cool armor that can do stuff for him. I know the bow isn't half as impressive as that, but what he can do with it is kinda cool. Just a shame he doesn't get too much screen time to show those skills off :/
I remember complaining about season 1 lacking any real connection to the movies (mainly the avengers never showed up). Peterson to Death-Lok wasn't really much in the first half on the season, but he got more powers in the second half, and they got one of Thor's warriors, but Hydra is what did the trick to earn a second season. That Sammy Jackson cameo was also cool, but Marvel faces one last problem if they want the show to be as cool as their movies; the superheros. Comic book characters have no other commitments, but here even Jeremy Renner has other roles to play. While it's not the only option, their best option is to grow their own supernatural cast on the show. Death-Lok is pretty decent, here's hoping that that gravitonium thing and whatever is going on with Skye pay off this season.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
B5Alpha said:
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:
Guffe said:
B5Alpha said:

That Sammy Jackson cameo was also cool, but Marvel faces one last problem if they want the show to be as cool as their movies; the superheros. Comic book characters have no other commitments, but here even Jeremy Renner has other roles to play. While it's not the only option, their best option is to grow their own supernatural cast on the show. Death-Lok is pretty decent, here's hoping that that gravitonium thing and whatever is going on with Skye pay off this season.
I am hoping season 2 will bring more Superhero stuff to the table, like you said.
They have already the backstories of 2 villains in Graviton(?) and Blizzard(?) which we met in season 1.
so if they could cook something nice around those two, at least for a part of season 2, that would be cool.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
PunkRex said:
MovieBob said:
Mockingbird shot to fan-favorite status as the partner, love-interest and eventual wife of Hawkeye in a well-regarded 1983 miniseries.
I just felt a thousand Clintasha fans cry out in unison... and suddenly silenced by old school comic fans...

OT: Still waiting for Lawless to play Wonder Women's mum DC... DO IT!
I think Natasha and Clint did have a relationship in the comics, before he met Bobbi. Natasha's been hooked up with quite a few heroes and it gets brought up from time to time, like Daredevil and Bucky. And Daredevil's getting a Netflix series set in the MCU...

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
They should change the coloring on the lighter piece of her outfit. At a glance it made it look like she was sporting an impressive chub.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
I think Natasha and Clint did have a relationship in the comics, before he met Bobbi. Natasha's been hooked up with quite a few heroes and it gets brought up from time to time, like Daredevil and Bucky. And Daredevil's getting a Netflix series set in the MCU...
Actually I'm pretty sure they haven't been in a relationship. They did share a kiss during Avengers Assemble comic but Natasha apologized for it since he was currently dating Jessica Drew (a relationship that crashed and burned hard)