Jimmy Fallon Guns Down Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye 007

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Jimmy Fallon Guns Down Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye 007

"You expect me to play?" "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

His movies might not have been the best of the franchise, but to me, Pierce Brosnan has always been Bond. His rugged good looks are equally at home in a tux as they are in body armor. However, it takes more than that to pull those moves off in real life. Recently during an interview, Jimmy Fallon fulfilled a life-long wish and played the actor in a game of [a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMf6Rh4iJWY]Goldeneye 007 on the N64[/a], live on The Tonight Show.

The level: Complex. The setting: Power Weapons. That last bit might as well not matter, because as soon as Fallon gets the DD44 Dostovei, it's game over. While Brosnan fumbles with the controls and karate chops the air, Fallon lines up his shot. Instead of giving a long-winded speech (the mistake most villains make), Fallon simply guns down the unarmed Bond, ending his 50-plus year killstreak in cold blood. This is a dark day indeed.

Even defeated, Brosnan remains a gentleman, letting Fallon have his victory. To be fair, Goldeneye isn't the easiest game to learn in a minute or two. While the thumbstick for move and the trigger for shoot makes sense, trying to pick up those little guns on the ground always tricks people up. At least they weren't playing our [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/drinking-games/3815-Goldeneye-64-Proof]Goldeneye drinking game[/a] or trying to play with [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116321-GoldenEye-007-Fan-Steers-To-Victory]a steering wheel controller[/a].

Source: [a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMf6Rh4iJWY]The Tonight Show[/a]

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Ya I play this game well the source mode of it with friends. Fun game still.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Nothing is more fun than having a Slappers only fight and have it be 1 hit kills. Karate-Chop action fighting is the best kind of fighting in Goldeneye. :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
That made me unreasonably happy. My inner child is crying in joy right now.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Ah Brosnan. I place him with Connery and Craig as my favourite Bonds. After all, he's the Bond I grew up watching. And say what you like about his other 3 Bond movies, Goldeneye was damn good.

DeadMG

Oct 1, 2007
I thoughtt the Escapist was a news site? You know, that reports actual news. Preferably, gaming news. Not random American pop crap.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
DeadMG said:
I thoughtt the Escapist was a news site? You know, that reports actual news. Preferably, gaming news. Not random American pop crap.
Plenty of other sites for you to go to if you want....

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
DeadMG said:
Preferably, gaming news. Not random American pop crap.
So Golden Eye on the N64 has joined the pantheon of Gone Home and Dear Esther of supposedly not-games?

Also quick! Somebody get rid MovieBob and his random American pop crap! It's against the Escapist's values!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Neronium said:
Nothing is more fun than having a Slappers only fight and have it be 1 hit kills. Karate-Chop action fighting is the best kind of fighting in Goldeneye. :D
CHOP
chop
CHOP
chop
CHOP#PANG!#
Dur-dum-dur-durrrr!!!!

I couldn't agree more, although fists of fury mode on Perfect Dark was even better. Just the sheer aburdness of everyone staggering around in blurry screen trying to turbo punch each other.

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
I couldn't agree more, although fists of fury mode on Perfect Dark was even better. Just the sheer aburdness of everyone staggering around in blurry screen trying to turbo punch each other.
It was the poison darts that really did me in. Once we figured out you can shoot a corpse and the player respawns with the blurry vision, we had to ban crossbows forever.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This...is...beautiful! I only have perfect dark now but this has rekindled my childhood majestically. Well the good half of it anyway ;)

Apr 5, 2008
Brilliant! What a great video? Love the fact they both just have fun with it, a reverent and gracious match.

Now I really want a MP death-match against Robbie Coltrane. I'm not saying I want to shoot him, I'm not saying I don't want to shoot him. I'm just saying it could be...fun...to shoot him. Many times. With an RCP90.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
DeadMG said:
Looks like gaming news to me, bro. James Bond deathmatches James Bond game on television. That would be News/Funny, if you want to be specific. Funny news makes it into television and sites all the time.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Neronium said:
CHOP
chop
CHOP
chop
CHOP#PANG!#
Dur-dum-dur-durrrr!!!!

Filling a level with tranquilizers and a single proximity mine was freaking hilarious as well, everyone had blurry sreens and wobbled their heads :D

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
SupahGamuh said:
Filling a level with tranquilizers and a single proximity mine was freaking hilarious as well, everyone had blurry sreens and wobbled their heads :D
Proxy mines and Tranq guns was a favourite local game mode.

Mix with beer and vodka until nobody can tell who's tranked and who isn't.

A great deal was lost with the move to online multiplayer, a great deal indeed.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
One thing you can say about Fallon and whoever produces the show, they're absolute fucking geniuses when it comes to promotion. "Do zany thing with Fallon and some celebrity, release it innocuously to the internet, get free publicity when all media outlets deem it news-worthy because it's gone viral."

It's a good show and I enjoy it, but it really is showing up just how gullible the media and the internet is in the process. At least in this case it's relevant cause gaming, but still...

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
You have to give Brosnan credit for being a good sport. I think we all know how frustrating it can be to play a game against a considerably more experienced opponent (fighting games are my personal nemesis), but he took it like a champ.

Was Fallon playing as Sean Bean? I couldn't quite tell.