Metro Redux: Last Light or 2033 for Twenty Bucks

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Metro Redux: Last Light or 2033 for Twenty Bucks

Tomb Raider - $4.24.
List is $20. Deal expires August 28.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
As someone who has played over 600 hours of Warframe in the past year I have to say that the Warframe Tenno pack even at 1/2 price looks like a giant rip off. The only worth while thing in the pack is the 1500 plat, everything else is basically worthless (100,000 credits can be gotten in 20 mins on pluto) and sounds way better to someone who hasn't played the game. Even the plat is kind of a mixed bag considering you can get 75% off cupons as log-in rewards and unless you plan on spending a ton of it on stupid stuff 300 is honestly all you need get enough Warframe and weapons slots to play the game for a good long while.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
kajinking said:
As someone who has played over 600 hours of Warframe in the past year I have to say that the Warframe Tenno pack even at 1/2 price looks like a giant rip off. The only worth while thing in the pack is the 1500 plat, everything else is basically worthless (100,000 credits can be gotten in 20 mins on pluto) and sounds way better to someone who hasn't played the game. Even the plat is kind of a mixed bag considering you can get 75% off cupons as log-in rewards and unless you plan on spending a ton of it on stupid stuff 300 is honestly all you need get enough Warframe and weapons slots to play the game for a good long while.
Good tip!

Sounds like this should be a ~$20 pack then? Really surprised they have the list price at $100. (Although I just looked it up and they sure sell platinum at an expensive price).

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
dealzon said:
kajinking said:
Good tip!

Sounds like this should be a ~$20 pack then? Really surprised they have the list price at $100. (Although I just looked it up and they sure sell platinum at an expensive price).
Warframe has a system where you can earn %25/%50/%75 off cupons on platinum for 24/48 hours (I actually got a %25 this morning) meaning you can get platinum for much cheaper. Honestly Warframe has the best Free to Play model I've ever seen and I've very proudly bought roughly $40 worth of Platinum while playing it. The issue is that some of their older deals are terrible price for value (look up their offical platinum to credit bundles or the cost of buying resources for an example) and can be a big trap for those new to the game. Because of the platinum coupons the only time a bundle is worth it is when they offer easy access to the hard to farm prime equipment or when they offer exclusive bundle only cosmetics as well as the usual platinum.

Edit: Yeah looking at the steam packs most of them a pretty bad, like I said the boosters are and platinum are nice but the mods offered a basically worthless. If you're gonna buy a Warframe pack go with the Loki Prime Access bundle, it has three levels and the 2nd tier gets you 2625 Platinum and three rare and really powerful items for $80.00.

Here's a link to the wiki for more info: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I believe it is worth mentioning that if you own the original Metro games, you have 50% off on Steam for the redux, making it into 12.5 dollars instead.