Tuna in Disguise? Meet Takara Tomy's Sushi Transformers

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tuna in Disguise? Meet Takara Tomy's Sushi Transformers

The Shyallyders, or "Sushi Rangers", Takara Tomy's latest, most delicious, range of Transformers.

Takara Tomy are the guys who are responsible for the vast Transformers universe, and when people start getting bored of seeing robots transform into trucks, things have to get a bit more creative. Introducing the Shyallyders, or "Sushi Rangers", Takara Tomy's latest, most delicious, range of Transformers yet.

There are five "Nigiri Rangers" in the Shyallyders line, comprising of Schallyder Toromaru, Schallyder Eibis, Schallyder Tamakichi, Schallyder Benni and Schallyder Sabyne, who are based on tuna, shrimp, egg, salmon and mackerel nigiri respectively. Their evil nemeses are the three Makizushi Temakids. Check them all out below:

[gallery=3100]

What's probably the coolest thing about all of these guys, is rather than a complicated and time-consuming transformation process, they all transform instantly at the press of a button. Furthermore, each Schallyder comes with a "Battle Dish", which is just a fancy twist on the standard "rock-paper-scissors" game.

More than just a toy-line, the Schallyder's have their own comprehensive back-story and lore, which you can read about on their official English website [http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/schalliders/].

You can pre-order Schallyder's from the Big Bad Toy Store [http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=3504&category=10137], although quite a few of them appear to already be sold out.

Source: Rocket News 24 [http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/schalliders/]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
If these were really edible, I'd shove one in my mouth so it can go on a Fantastic Voyage.

*Rimshot*

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Oh, they're just regular toys with a sushi theme.

That's neat I guess, but I came in expecting transformers made from actual sushi. Face it, that would've been much more impressive. And delicious.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I admit they look pretty neat and they're miles better compared to the rock lords.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
I admit they look pretty neat and they're miles better compared to the rock lords.

OT: But... the complicated transformations are what made transformers such a fun toy... that feeling of accomplishment when you got it down to a science. At least a button press is less idiotic than those american ones where you pull the arms and spin it around 'till it transforms.

Fyrus

Nov 19, 2009
Some factual issues here. Takara-Tomy is partially responsible for the Transformers brand, but the majority of toys of the last couple decades have been codesigned by them and Hasbro. Western writers were also responsible for the vast majority of the canon as we recognize it today, including the original cartoon, Marvel comics, Beast Wars and Beast Machines, movies, Transformers Animated, IDW comics and Transformers Prime.

Also, Takara-Tomy has the license for many different toylines; there is no actual connection between these figures and Transformers other than the company producing them.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Being a fan of Sushi, and robots, and how things work, I'd try'n get them, disposable income provided.