PS Plus Subscribers (In Japan) Getting 250 Free PSP Games

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
PS Plus Subscribers (In Japan) Getting 250 Free PSP Games

Sony will be giving Japanese PS Plus subscribers access to 250 PSP games that they'll be able to download and play on their Vitas.

It's kind of funny to look back on 10 million units sold worldwide.

Perhaps, in turn, hoping to tap into some of the PSP's success, Sony has just recently announced that it will be giving Japanese PS Plus subscribers free access to a whopping 250 PSP games that they'll be able to download and play on their Vitas. The company didn't specify exactly which games this offer would include, but then again the Japanese PlayStation Store currently only includes 370 PSP titles any ways. It would probably just suffice to say "most of them."

What remains to be seen, of course, is whether or not this deal will leave Japan and make it over to Europe and North America. If it does, it could arguably bring a lot more value to the Vita. Just personally, I loved the PSP and if I didn't already own a Vita this would definitely push me a few notches closer to finally picking one up. In other words you'd do well to be crossing your fingers for a similar announcement from Sony's western branches.

Source: GameSpot

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
While there aren't a ton of PSP titles I'd be outright interested in playing (and I really don't know how many of those would make it to a free selection) I would still love to see this make it to North America. It would be an excellent value add plus having a price tag of Free would certainly make me more eager to try titles I wouldn't have otherwise tried.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I love the PSP i have had 2 in the past. Loved the games loved the little guy. Now the VITA is just amazing and its a shame its not as successfull i really thought when i got mym VITA that it will be the one to become mainstream and just be everywhere. Hopefully this little deal will push it more in people`s line of sight.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
*taps foot and gives a stern look* So...when can the rest of us Plus subscribers expect to get this, hmmm?

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
lawrencein said:
Looks like this only applies to games that you own a UMD copy of.
What makes you think it would work any differently than the current list of free games available to PS Plus subscribers? It even says in the source article that they are free to download and use for as long as you have access to a PS Plus subscription, which is exactly how the free games on PS Plus network currently work.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
barbzilla said:
lawrencein said:
What makes you think it would work any differently than the current list of free games available to PS Plus subscribers? It even says in the source article that they are free to download and use for as long as you have access to a PS Plus subscription, which is exactly how the free games on PS Plus network currently work.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/special/compatibility/umd/. This is a link taken directly from the Japanese press release which has a helpful diagram showing how it works.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
lawrencein said:
barbzilla said:
lawrencein said:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/special/compatibility/umd/. This is a link taken directly from the Japanese press release which has a helpful diagram showing how it works.
This has nothing to do with the article at hand, nor does it mention PS Plus. This is an incentive for those of us who own UMD games to transfer it to our new systems at a lower cost.