GTA V's UK Distributor May Have Just Leaked Its Next-Gen Release Date

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
GTA V's UK Distributor May Have Just Leaked Its Next-Gen Release Date

Take Two's official UK distributor, Exertis Gem, briefly showed a "November 14" release date for the next-gen version of GTA V.

Despite rumors that its official website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137135-Rumor-Rockstar-Games-Cancels-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-for-PC-Delays-PS4-Xbox-One-GTAV] as having a November 14 release date.

November 14 certainly falls under Take Two's official "Fall, 2014" release window, and to add further legitimacy to the date, an Australian retailer reportedly issued a leaflet [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886103] stating the game would release in November. Since the date was posted on NeoGAF, the Exertis Gem listing has changed back to "TBC".

November 14 is also a Friday, and games in the UK are typically released on Fridays.

That's pretty much all we have to go on for this one, so take it with as much or as little salt as you please. We have, of course, contacted Rockstar and Take Two, but we're not really expecting anything solid from them.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886535]

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
It's also apparently a racing game and published exclusively by take two.

Seems a bit sketchy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Dark Knifer said:

Seems a bit sketchy.
Seems legit enough to me.

I mean, what's wrong with that description?

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Dark Knifer said:

Seems a bit sketchy.
Seems legit enough to me.

I mean, what's wrong with that description?
Well take two didn't publish the game, they just distributed it and racing is just a small part of the game that you don't even have to do to complete the story.

Then again, its a retailer not a review or anything so guess it makes sense the details aren't perfect.

Only thing I want to know is when/if the pc release is coming.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I hope that isn't the release date actually.

I put off completing GTA5 because I didn't need a crystal ball to see that a PC version and a "next" gen version weren't far off. I've been looking forward to it for a year. But that's the same week Master Chief Collection drops and I'm very eager to lose myself in some Halo 2 matchmaking goodness.

Still, it's a good burden to have. Don't consider this a complaint so much as a musing. :)

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
I hope that isn't the release date actually.

I put off completing GTA5 because I didn't need a crystal ball to see that a PC version and a "next" gen version weren't far off. I've been looking forward to it for a year. But that's the same week Master Chief Collection drops and I'm very eager to lose myself in some Halo 2 matchmaking goodness.

Still, it's a good burden to have. Don't consider this a complaint so much as a musing. :)
I know right? Far Cry 4 is apparently (according to Amazon) coming out the week after, AC: Unity the week before and the MC collection and Dragon Age: Inquisition not long after. Its good though, at least there should be plenty to play soon.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I don't understand why they can't just go ahead and give us a release already.

As a PC gamer not having the game 1 year later I feel very angry about this particular fact. I couldn't care less for the current gen versions or if they get delayed..RELEASE THE PC VERSION ALREADY!

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
DarkhoIlow said:

As a PC gamer not having the game 1 year later I feel very angry about this particular fact. I couldn't care less for the current gen versions or if they get delayed..RELEASE THE PC VERSION ALREADY!
Or how about you just get it on an available platform? The ills of being tied to a single platform I suppose, glad I don't have that problem.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

Or how about you just get it on an available platform? The ills of being tied to a single platform I suppose, glad I don't have that problem.
Because I don't have the necessary income to sustain multiple platforms and PC is the best way to play my games at high framerate and resolutions. I also detest controllers (although I do own one..a 360one that I was forced to buy to play Dark Souls).

I've been PC gaming for over 15 years so and never once was I interested into buying consoles to play exclusives. I have been saving up and upgrading my rig every 5-6 years since 1999.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
DarkhoIlow said:
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

Because I don't have the necessary income to sustain multiple platforms and PC is the best way to play my games at high framerate and resolutions. I also detest controllers (although I do own one..a 360one that I was forced to buy to play Dark Souls).

I've been PC gaming for over 15 years so and never once was I interested into buying consoles to play exclusives. I have been saving up and upgrading my rig every 5-6 years since 1999.
I can't imagine preferring to play GTA V with a mouse and keyboard. It's really not a game that has ever worked well with a mouse and keyboard control scheme at the very least since GTA 3.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
smithy_2045 said:
DarkhoIlow said:
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

I can't imagine preferring to play GTA V with a mouse and keyboard. It's really not a game that has ever worked well with a mouse and keyboard control scheme at the very least since GTA 3.
I have been playing with m&k all my life so yes I am accustomed to it and prefer it that way. The only type of games that I do switch over to a controller for are platformers..that's about it.

LaochEire

Mar 9, 2010
DarkhoIlow said:
smithy_2045 said:
DarkhoIlow said:
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

I have been playing with m&k all my life so yes I am accustomed to it and prefer it that way. The only type of games that I do switch over to a controller for are platformers..that's about it.
When I gamed on PC I was M&K guy too. I don't game much on PC these days. Only have it for a few exclusives, but now I can't stand M&K. Can't aim for toffee, can't enjoy any game on PC that needs M&K. Only RTS games I play feel fine. Was going to start The Witcher 2 the other day, but had to knock it off before finishing the tutorial as the M&K felt so weird.

I think whatever your preference is is perfectly fine. I'm actually the identical to you if you switch around our preferences. :D

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
Dark Knifer said:
Well take two didn't publish the game, they just distributed it and racing is just a small part of the game that you don't even have to do to complete the story.
Wat.

Rockstar North is the studio that develops the GTA games.
They are a part of Rockstar Games, which acts as the publisher.
So far so good.
However, despite the fact that Rockstar is the publisher for branding purposes, it (Rockstar) is in fact a subsidiary of... Take Two Interactive Software, Inc. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take-Two_Interactive]

Point is, it's not really wrong to say that Take Two published GTA V; They own the game's entire production pipeline.
I didn't think take two was that engrossed in Rockstar. I thought they just got the disks to the stores that's it.

The more you know.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
DarkhoIlow said:
smithy_2045 said:
DarkhoIlow said:
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

Flying planes and choppers is hell with m&k, not to mention the greater difficulty driving and the shooting being cover-based and therefore less intuitive m&k. I prefer PC in general, but not all games work well for the m&k controls, and GTA is a perfect example.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
DarkhoIlow said:

High framerate and resolution eh. So you can afford that but can't afford a cheap console/handheld here or there...okay sure.

1999...that is a lot of games you've missed and will now never get into as they simply didn't come into your radar at the time... its like how when I got heavily into survival horror way back (many of such games were console exclusives naturally as otherwise why would I be bringing this up) had a profound effect on me. These days I've played some of those hip new survival horror games like the likes of Amnesia/Outlast (and those lesser known very short ones...though shortness isn't a bad thing in survival horror I shouldn't be completing it so quick first time through) which are supposed to be true...supposed to be a return to form or some nonsense...and nothing. Weak and unimpressive is how they ring with me, it rouses no real strong care for the game.

Recently I played a game called Michigan: Report from Hell which if I'm being perfectly honest is a shitty game mechanically, and many would say is a shitty game full stop... it was there, that indescribable feeling that marks it as something to remember. Had I not played what I did way back when than it would have likely been unplayable, but as I had those experiences I derived much more from Michigan than I did any of the recent "good" Survival horror games. It could be said to be nostalgia I suppose, so strong that it even spreads to games from that era that I hadn't even played until the moment I did long after that period had ended.

The point if you missed it is that by shutting yourself out from experiences you will miss important landmarks that will shape your...taste...ability to appreciate... well many things.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
smithy_2045 said:
Flying planes and choppers is hell with m&k, not to mention the greater difficulty driving and the shooting being cover-based and therefore less intuitive m&k. I prefer PC in general, but not all games work well for the m&k controls, and GTA is a perfect example.
His preference is fine, though, and should be respected. If he's really that accustomed to it or doesn't want to change or honestly thinks it's better, well, let him.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
id rather wait for a nonbuggy version to come out.

smithy_2045 said:
you dont know what your missing then. GTA: San Andreas with keyboard and mouse was awesome. i could easily outperform anyone using a controller in multiplayer.

smithy_2045 said:
Its not if game is designed with proper control scheme, for example see: Just Cuase. flying planes and choppers with keyboard in that game was awesome.

Then again, im the kind of guy that loves racing games with keyboard and totally hate having to use a controller.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
DarkhoIlow said:

High framerate and resolution eh. So you can afford that but can't afford a cheap console/handheld here or there...okay sure.

1999...that is a lot of games you've missed and will now never get into as they simply didn't come into your radar at the time... its like how when I got heavily into survival horror way back (many of such games were console exclusives naturally as otherwise why would I be bringing this up) had a profound effect on me. These days I've played some of those hip new survival horror games like the likes of Amnesia/Outlast (and those lesser known very short ones...though shortness isn't a bad thing in survival horror I shouldn't be completing it so quick first time through) which are supposed to be true...supposed to be a return to form or some nonsense...and nothing. Weak and unimpressive is how they ring with me, it rouses no real strong care for the game.

Recently I played a game called Michigan: Report from Hell which if I'm being perfectly honest is a shitty game mechanically, and many would say is a shitty game full stop... it was there, that indescribable feeling that marks it as something to remember. Had I not played what I did way back when than it would have likely been unplayable, but as I had those experiences I derived much more from Michigan than I did any of the recent "good" Survival horror games. It could be said to be nostalgia I suppose, so strong that it even spreads to games from that era that I hadn't even played until the moment I did long after that period had ended.

The point if you missed it is that by shutting yourself out from experiences you will miss important landmarks that will shape your...taste...ability to appreciate... well many things.
My income is limited so yes I decided to stick to PC because it's cheaper. I bought a PC back in 2000 (mid end) then I gradually upgrade it every couple of years (GPU mainly). My last complete rig that I bought was in 2011 was mainly for Witcher 2 that I invested 1000$ that I have been saving since 2007-2008 and still runs games at 1080p 60 and I plan on upgrading the GPU after saving up for a couple of years.

I would like to mention that I don't live in US so everything is more expensive here (EU/Romania)..console games are 10-20$ more expensive than their PC counterparts.

It takes a while to save up for anything really when the salaries vary from 200-400$ monthly and around 70% of it go to taxes.

Don't get me wrong..if I did have 1000$ salary / month I would probably buy console x or y to try those exclusives out, but I don't feel that investing so much money to play a couple of exclusives is not something I would do.

I don't feel like I missed anything to be perfectly honest. The fact that I didn't play Mario/Uncharted or Halo (I did play the first two on PC) doesn't affect my "experience" in the slightest.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Strazdas said:
id rather wait for a nonbuggy version to come out.
PC version without bugs... yeah I know what your response is going to be and its quite simply irrelevant. Your statement is incorrect how you state it.

DarkhoIlow said:
My income is limited so yes I decided to stick to PC because it's cheaper. I bought a PC back in 2000 (mid end) then I gradually upgrade it every couple of years (GPU mainly). My last complete rig that I bought was in 2011 was mainly for Witcher 2 that I invested 1000$ that I have been saving since 2007-2008 and still runs games at 1080p 60 and I plan on upgrading the GPU after saving up for a couple of years.

I would like to mention that I don't live in US so everything is more expensive here (EU/Romania)..console games are 10-20$ more expensive than their PC counterparts.

It takes a while to save up for anything really when the salaries vary from 200-400$ monthly and around 70% of it go to taxes.

Don't get me wrong..if I did have 1000$ salary / month I would probably buy console x or y to try those exclusives out, but I don't feel that investing so much money to play a couple of exclusives is not something I would do.

I don't feel like I missed anything to be perfectly honest. The fact that I didn't play Mario/Uncharted or Halo (I did play the first two on PC) doesn't affect my "experience" in the slightest.
Sorry its very easy to assume posters will be from certain places apologies. The Halos and Uncharteds aren't the... I suppose you can say "life changing" experiences you may have missed. You could go play them right now and I doubt you'll have missed anything as they are modern standard games.