Destiny and Google Allow You to Explore In-Game Worlds

Blackwell Stith

See You Space Cowboy ...
Jun 28, 2014
Destiny and Google Allow You to Explore In-Game Worlds

Bungie and Google team up to bring you an interactive experience that lets you delve into the lore of Destiny

The release of Destiny Planet View [http://www.destinythegame.com/], an interactive website that allows fans to view and explore planets from the game. Powered by Google's technology, the experience is reminiscent of Google Earth or Google Street View, along with the added benefits of a narrator and the ability to learn about the lore and locale of Destiny.

Events in Destiny occur throughout the Solar System, and the game will feature levels on Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus. All of the environments were once human colonies established during the Golden Age; a time of great human achievement and exploration. Since then, the arrival of "The Darkness" has seen these establishments abandoned and destroyed. With Destiny Planet View, users get the opportunity to check out ruins both human and alien, and explore how the enemy's presence has impacted the environment.

As Bungie describes Destiny Planet View: "This is your chance to walk through the Moon, Mars, and Venus of Destiny, using Google's familiar exploration tools. Explore the future, meet our enemies, discover hidden treasures, and prepare to Become Legend." Destiny will launch on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Want more Destiny news? Check out more stories here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/destiny] on The Escapist!

Source: Attack of the Fanboy [http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/explore-destinys-planets-right-now/]

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
So is it actually working for anyone? I just get a black screen whenever I try it, and I've tried it in Chrome and Firefox. :/

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
Isn't this just going to spoil the game for everyone? Judging from the beta its not like the story is compelling.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
It was kind of cool, explored Mars for a bit but didnt see much in the way of spoilers. Just lots of flavour text it seems, though some of the video clips were cool.

St. Aidan

Nov 23, 2011
I wish Destiny would come out already.... Stop I can hearing about all the marvelous things I don't care about. Seriously it's fucking everywhere, and, it's getting quite tiresome.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
St. Aidan said:
I wish Destiny would come out already.... Stop I can hearing about all the marvelous things I don't care about. Seriously it's fucking everywhere, and, it's getting quite tiresome.

Way to be edgy dude!

I mean, sure its within a week of the game and releasing. And even with that proximity, of the what, 25? topics on this page 1 of them is about Destiny. And you clicked on it, to complain about hearing about Destiny.

If there's a problem, its internal for you, not a real one.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The map tells me to turn up the volume. I dont want to turn up the volume as im not interested in hearing anything there. it wont let me progress though. Whoever designed this to NEED to turn up the volume in windows even though its perfectly fine amplified though my speaker system needs to be fired, prompto. this is as bad as design goes - cant use unless you do this useless thing we want.

Jak2364 said:
So is it actually working for anyone? I just get a black screen whenever I try it, and I've tried it in Chrome and Firefox. :/
wait. the back screen eventually loads into a map. very very slowly. as if bungie servers are on dialup or something.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
buh...I just cant use that feature in google maps because looking at it is really disorienting for me. x.x

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
St. Aidan said:
I want it out just so we can find out how much of a bomb will it be. There is nothing about this game that makes me want to run out and buy it today. Its just a less interesting Borderlands being produced with a massively ballooned budget. Borderlands at least had a world that felt distinct to sell it and a really cool intro that blew peoples minds with the cage the elephant song, this has just a carpet bomb of advertising. I'm not hoping it bombs (I actually like bungie) but this feels like a bomb.

Arkham

Esoteric Cultist
Jan 22, 2009
Say what you will about the game itself, this is an interesting approach to marketing.

St. Aidan

Nov 23, 2011
Scorpid said:
St. Aidan said:
I want it out just so we can find out how much of a bomb will it be. There is nothing about this game that makes me want to run out and buy it today. Its just a less interesting Borderlands being produced with a massively ballooned budget. Borderlands at least had a world that felt distinct to sell it and a really cool intro that blew peoples minds with the cage the elephant song, this has just a carpet bomb of advertising. I'm not hoping it bomsbs (I actually like bungie) but this feels like a bomb.

Sadly amigo, it's not going to bomb. Why do think there isn't another "AAA" title launching this month? Everybody is too scared to release against it, (henceforth why there's gonna be a goddang glut next month) so even people who weren't super keen, are gonna pick it up because it's a big box release, finally something that isn't a HD re-release .

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
St. Aidan said:
Scorpid said:
St. Aidan said:
I want it out just so we can find out how much of a bomb will it be. There is nothing about this game that makes me want to run out and buy it today. Its just a less interesting Borderlands being produced with a massively ballooned budget. Borderlands at least had a world that felt distinct to sell it and a really cool intro that blew peoples minds with the cage the elephant song, this has just a carpet bomb of advertising. I'm not hoping it bomsbs (I actually like bungie) but this feels like a bomb.

Sadly amigo, it's not going to bomb. Why do think there isn't another "AAA" title launching this month? Everybody is too scared to release against it, (henceforth why there's gonna be a goddang glut next month) so even people who weren't super keen, are gonna pick it up because it's a big box release, finally something that isn't a HD re-release .
Watchdogs had hype, Titan fall had hype, this has a distinct flavor of "meh" every time I hear people talk about it, which is how I feel about it too. Maybe people are just burnt out on getting excited on New IP that doesn't deliver but I'm thinking this isn't going to sell to the level that can justify their 200million dollar budget or whatever the absurd number is that Activision has invested into this. Though one dude at activision said it was 500 million but that seems absurd even for the bloated budgets the film industry.