Get Destiny for Free, If You Buy an Xbox One

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Get Destiny for Free, If You Buy an Xbox One

System Shock 2 (Steam) - $1.50 at GamersGate.
List is $10. Deal expires September 10.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Damn it, I've only had my Xbox One for two weeks, and just bought Destiny. Wouldn't have minded this.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Is this what the industry calls a "desperation move"? I'm not all that familiar with the terminology they like to use...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I like how it's MS so it'll get tagged as desperation, if Sony does it it'll seem like a good deal that can't be ebat or when it comes to PC with buying a new GPU, it happens either way so if someone's gonna call the desperate card you may as well tag everyone in it unless of course you want to look like a total hypocrite.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
SNCommand said:
What about "Buy Destiny, get an Xbox One"?
Eh, how about "buy destiny, pay me to take an Xbox."

This is a pretty good deal though, I won't lie. If I had an interest in Destiny. Or in an Xbone. Never mind.

Sep 14, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I like how it's MS so it'll get tagged as desperation, if Sony does it it'll seem like a good deal that can't be ebat or when it comes to PC with buying a new GPU, it happens either way so if someone's gonna call the desperate card you may as well tag everyone in it unless of course you want to look like a total hypocrite.
You know, I was going to say this was a good move on microsoft's part after the whole UK advertising deal, but it's comments like these that rev my engine up

#microsoft #desperation #xboneisdead

consider them tagged to make your first statement true.

OT: Meh, already got fable anniversary for 19 bucks, otherwise some of these are some good deals. Definitely waiting until destiny is out and going for a while before I take a good look at it.

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
Shadow-Phoenix said:

It isn't being seen as a desperate move just because 'it's Microsoft.' It's because the Xbox One's gotten globally outsold by the PS4, so far in 2014, by a ratio of between 2 and 3:1. It's because that, while the Destiny bundle (which is the actual, official, partnered bundle) has only a ten dollar discount on PS4, Microsoft is literally, LITERALLY, giving the game away for free in the hopes you'll get an Xbox One. Meaning that, because Activision isn't just letting Microsoft give away their game out of the goodness of their heart, Microsoft's going to be paying Activision for each free Destiny title downloaded, unlike Sony, who charged the four-fifty specifically to avoid paying a per unit premium.

Of the two sides, one side is confident and happy with their sales, and so is positioned to minimize cost and increase profit. The other side is extremely unhappy with their sales, and so are basically burning money to try and close the gap. It's one of the great things about competition on the market; the guy getting his butt kicked will inevitably pull out more stops to try and catch up, meaning more deals, more bundles, and more closely shaved profit margins.

You must realize that Microsoft is doing this because they don't like their sales numbers and are trying to make them at least more competitive to their competitor, right? o.o Is it just the term 'desperate' you dislike? Does sound a bit harsh, and a bit emotional, but it does boil down to 'The Company Doing This Is A Sign They Aren't Happy With How Things Are Turning Out.'

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I forgot that free games with a console was something that only a desperate failing Microsoft does, not something that every console has done over the past decade at a bare minimum.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
For some reason I was under the impression that Destiny was a Playstation exclusive (though from what I understand there's only exclusive content for Playstation), so this struck me as a weird, protest-y way to either get Destiny onto the Xbone, or a really, really desperate way to boost the sales of the Xbone.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I dont understand the title. How can you call it free if you must buy 500 dollar doorjam and then find storage place for it too.