New Trailer For Watchmen/Kick-Ass Co-Creators' Kingsman

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
New Trailer For Watchmen/Kick-Ass Co-Creators' Kingsman

Colin Firth trains the next generation in director Matthew Vaughn's new teenage spy thriller

Matthew Vaughn's upcoming comic-book actioner Kingsman: The Secret Service was already looking promoting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.850512-Harry-Potter-Meets-James-Bond-in-KINGSMAN] the debut of a new trailer for the film (showcasing her new song featuring Ellie Goulding) which offers an expanded look at the upcoming 20th Century Fox blockbuster.

The film stars newcomer Taron Egerton as Gary "Eggsy" Unwin, a trouble youth from the London inner-city who is recruited into a top-secret global spy agency by a legendary operative (Colin Firth.) While Unwin clashes with fellow recruits from upper-class upbringings who resent his blue-collar origins, they are forced to work together to stop a supervillain plot that targets the agency and threatens the entire world.

Due out in February, Kingsman is an adaptation of the graphic novel by "The Nike Girl" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/kick-ass] Sofia Boutella as the cyborg henchwoman "Gazelle."

Source: Twentieth Century Fox [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8F-8tR8to]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So, is this going to be more "Cody Banks" or "Wanted"? Hopefully the latter, considering it's by the same writer. Don't think I could handle the sheer amount of cheese present in a lot of the teenage superhero subgenre of films, but there's occasionally a rare gem. But hey, at least it's not an angsty futuristic dystopia film. And Sam Jackson really does make everything better.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
The whole bar fight scene kinda got me excited, but it started to lose me a little with the whole teen "spy academy" thing. I mean, it looks like they have good writers and a great cast, but the premise disappoints me a little.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
it [I/]sounds[/I] incredibly YA-ish given the premise but the people behind it indicate something a little more mature?

I am also VERY curious to hear a song with both Iggy Azalea and Ellie Goulding...will have too when I can and *cough*not at work*cough*

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Pass. It might seem like a small and even petty reason but I can't stand the way the teen recruit speaks. I am in no way a grammer nazi but that kind of speach/accent just pisses me off.

Villain Protagonist

Feb 3, 2013
Country
U.S.A.
I think standard Hollywood casting tactics are throwing people off, as the impression I got was the recruits were in thier twenties. At one point when discussing Eggsy, Colin Firth mentions he had "huge iq, great performance in the marines but you gave up". This points to an older post highschool or even college crowd who are actually portraying their real ages instead of twenty somethings playing teens.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
If there had been Super costumes then YES! Definitely YES.

But since its just a Chav being made to feel awkward around posh British people then probably no.

For any Americans confused as to what a chav is, I think your equivalent is trailer trash. Basically a scumbag who contributes nothing to society, has a weird way of talking and a large unwarranted ego.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Mahorfeus said:
The whole bar fight scene kinda got me excited, but it started to lose me a little with the whole teen "spy academy" thing. I mean, it looks like they have good writers and a great cast, but the premise disappoints me a little.
verdant monkai said:
If there had been Super costumes then YES! Definitely YES.

But since its just a Chav being made to feel awkward around posh British people then probably no.

For any Americans confused as to what a chav is, I think your equivalent is trailer trash. Basically a scumbag who contributes nothing to society, has a weird way of talking and a large unwarranted ego.

Its basically a rip of John Steed from the 60s/70s British TV show The Avengers.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Trendy counter-culture youth? (check) Who will succeed due to skills which standard recruits mysteriously lack? (check) Hired by uptight government association? (check) To save the world? (check)

Samuel Jackson? (check)

I think they're one Vin Diesel away from rebooting XXX.

I like it well enough, though, and I'll be surprised if I never watch it at some point.

A quick barrage of questions to folks familiar with the terms, prompted by a mix of idle curiosity and ignorance (which I hope you'll pardon) re : chav and pikey. I've got an image of the former from Skins and verrry scant knowledge of the latter from Snatch. They seem distinct - are they? Is one considered a subset of another? Are there some regional limitations on where you'd find one, or where you'd hear the terms used?

Also - and most importantly - are either terms in any way polite to use to describe someone? Or do you not say it to their face unless you're self-identifying with the group in question?

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Looks good, but I'm clearly not the intended target audience, and I'm sure I'd find it weary to watch. All about kick ass restrained Brits though.

Not sure about the blade feet thing though, gimmicky