5 Meta Horror Movies that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011

Horror movies can be tearjerkers, too -- especially these 5 meta-horror masterpieces.

Read Full Article

Ec3437

Apr 20, 2012
Um.... I don't get it. You just described some random meta-horror movies and said that the meta-horror makes guys cry? Does that make sense? What is article trying to say?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
The order in which the movies were presented is fine, even though I really can't stand The Cabin in the Woods.

But the numbering should be reversed. By GOD those numbers should start at #5 and end at #1 when it comes to Shaun of the Dead.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Frezzato said:
The order in which the movies were presented is fine, even though I really can't stand The Cabin in the Woods.

But the numbering should be reversed. By GOD those numbers should start at #5 and end at #1 when it comes to Shaun of the Dead.
Honostly it's not necessarily a Top 5 list, more of just 5 examples. Absolutely if they were ranked, Shaun of the Dead would be winning all over the place.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Ec3437 said:
Um.... I don't get it. You just described some random meta-horror movies and said that the meta-horror makes guys cry? Does that make sense? What is article trying to say?
Aside from the starting paragraph that literally lays out what the article is trying to say? It's all about taking movies that are considered "Manly" and pointing out that they have emotional cores that guys don't have to be ashamed of connecting with. The meta part was just this week's theme.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Firefilm said:
Frezzato said:

Honostly it's not necessarily a Top 5 list, more of just 5 examples. Absolutely if they were ranked, Shaun of the Dead would be winning all over the place.
Oh, I know it's not a top 5. Just felt wrong right seeing it that way :)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Firefilm said:

Horror movies can be tearjerkers, too -- especially these 5 meta-horror masterpieces.

Read Full Article
Zombieland: Upside is Zombie-Bill Murray. When someone is gonna live forever (or at least until they run out of brains to eat) wouldnt we maybe want it to be him?

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
The first few made sense, but I am wondering what seemingly random thing makes guys cry next. It is starting to really reach at this point.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yup, Shaun of the Dead freaking kicks ass. Also Cabin in the Woods is awesome. And Evil Dead.

Why not try a "5 found footage horror movies that makes guys cry" next time?, I bet there's quite a few of them to give you guys plenty of "manly tearjerks" material :)

Just saw Grave Encounters on Nextflix last week, boy what a POS that movie was, but there are quite a few good "found footage" films out there :)