Everything You Need to Know About League of Legends' World Championships

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013

Want to watch the biggest eSports event of the year but haven't been keeping up with the scene? We've got you covered.

HaileStorm

Apr 15, 2014
My money is still on Cloud 9. Not because I think they're the best, but because I want them to be the best.

And Man

May 12, 2014
It's a shame Alliance lost to Kabum. I am glad that Cloud9 made it through, but it would've been neat to have a three-way tiebreaker, and I would've preferred to have C9 and Alliance in the quarters, rather than C9 and NWS

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Would be great if C9 won and its a possibility but... yeah nah one of the Samsung teams is gonna take this worlds.

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
In the royal club section it talks about "particularly ballsy plays from AD carry Imp"

Imp is the samsung white ad carry
Uzi is the royal club ad carry

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
TSM! TSM! TSM! TSM!

I'm rootin' for our US teams but I have no doubts that SSW and SSB are going to advance. It's a real shame that US doesn't have any lesser teams to contest in the QF... though if one of them knocks out a Samsung team, that'll be a sight to see. I suspect that C9 has the best chance for doing that - not because they're going up against the lesser opponent, but because they frequently outperform TSM in scrims and LCS games. Overall I feel that they're the better team, but I wish them both equal luck regardless.

briankoontz

May 17, 2010
It's sad how bad the American pro gaming scene is. The US has six times the population of South Korea while having almost no top players in Starcraft 2 (even Canada is far better) and few top players in League of Legends.

There's crappy organizations here - the gaming "teams" that exist exploit the players - leave it to the US for "gaming" teams to be all about profit and not about success.

Hopefully some people who care about gaming and gamers can step in and get something going in the US. There's plenty of talented gamers out there who need help to reach the next level.

Ov3rdose

Jul 16, 2009
Steven Bogos said:

Want to watch the biggest eSports event of the year but haven't been keeping up with the scene? We've got you covered.

Really??? The biggest eSports event of the year??? Yeah , lets just forget this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134434-2014-Dota-2-Championship-Has-Biggest-Prize-Pool-in-Esports-History

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ov3rdose said:
Steven Bogos said:

Really??? The biggest eSports event of the year??? Yeah , lets just forget this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134434-2014-Dota-2-Championship-Has-Biggest-Prize-Pool-in-Esports-History
Biggest prize pool =/= biggest tournament. League of Legends is without a doubt more popular than DoTA 2. I'm going to take a lot of flames from fanboys with that comment, but it is indeed the truth.