8 of the Best Games to Feature Aliens

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of the Best Games to Feature Aliens

Alien: Isolation gets released today, so to celebrate the release of the survival horror game we are giving you eight games that feature aliens. Some of these games are great, and some not so great, but ultimately there are aliens crawling throughout their maps.

Read Full Article

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Who is choosing the images? Because after the DN3D picture last week, this version of Doom, whatever it is... and the Half Life 2 beta image there seems to be a hard time finding one that is actually from whatever came on the box if you bought the game.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Aliens, a horrible film? That's a very bad statement (even for a human)

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Okay, seriously, what the hell is up with that DOOM screenshot? Why is it from some mod that makes Imps models instead of sprites?
CaitSeith said:
It was clearly a joke.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I would have put Aliens 3 for the PS1/SNES on there.

One of those 'Metroidvania' type of games.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I think it's at the stage where no one is even reading these lists any more and he doesn't care. I expected a list of 8 Alien franchise games. There are some sweet Alien games out there.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Aliens: Colonial Marines is considered by the developers to be the true sequel to James Cameron's Aliens. Unfortunately for them, they decided to make a spiritual sequel to a horrible film. This was reflected in the reception it received upon its release, it was poorly reviewed and gamers even filed a class action lawsuit.
Huh-wha? You're not serious, right? How much of a self-loathing masochist must one be to think tha....

This would have been avoided had they attempted to work off of a good Alien movie, like Alien Resurrection.
Oooooh. I see what you did there.

Touche. Well played, good sir.

;)

josemlopes said:
Who is choosing the images? Because after the DN3D picture last week, this version of Doom, whatever it is... and the Half Life 2 beta image there seems to be a hard time finding one that is actually from whatever came on the box if you bought the game.
I was wondering the same thing. Some of the images are clearly not from the original/vanilla builds of the games.

'Tis quite odd.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Where's the Metroid? Where's the Ratchet and Clank??? Come on, guys all eight games are just white guys killing monstrosities.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Alakaizer said:
Where's the Metroid? Where's the Ratchet and Clank??? Come on, guys all eight games are just white guys killing monstrosities.
Man, Ratchet & Clank was just the best. Those first three games on the PS2 were legendary. R&C2 had achievements before achievements were even a thing, and they would get you in-game rewards! The humor was great, the writing was fun. We just haven't had a series with such a great opening trilogy in a long time.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
CaitSeith said:
RealRT said:
Okay, seriously, what the hell is up with that DOOM screenshot? Why is it from some mod that makes Imps models instead of sprites?
CaitSeith said:
It was clearly a joke.
actually he is being serious... he spoke on this in last weeks video game podcast. apparently he feels that alien (the horror movie) did rather well, and Alien: Resurrection (a return to form of being horror movie) as well. while according to him Aliens fell flat as another war movie that happened to have xenomorphs in it.

my question is: the disclaimer is all well, and good for transparency sake, but it feels like just that transparency for transparency sake. in other words you are stating that this person (I would presume one of the overlords) has ties with companies X, and Y, so... why does that matter for this article? the only thing that makes sense (where the disclosure is on every page) is that this person has ties to the companies that created all of them, and as a result has a stake share in I.D., Valve, and Sega meaning that I am now going to be waiting for Gorden Freeman to step through a portal at some point and have to team up with Duke Nukem taking on Predators, and a hoard of Xenomorphs together, and at some point Duke yelling at Gorden "I asked you a question four-eyes"