Terrifying Mega Beedrill And Majestic Mega Pidgeot Revealed For Pokemon OR/AS

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Terrifying Mega Beedrill And Majestic Mega Pidgeot Revealed For Pokemon OR/AS

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire's Mega Beedrill is the stuff nightmares are made out of.

As if Pokemon's Beedrill, the giant hornet Pokemon that is based on Japan's Poke beach [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet] via this month's Coro Coro magazine.

Check them out, along with the long-rumored Mega Latios/Latias [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129269-Pokemon-X-and-Y-Hacker-Discovers-Three-Secret-Unobtainable-Pokemon] below:

[gallery=3353]

Mega Beedrill is Bug / Poison and its Ability is Adaptability. Its Attack, Speed and nightmare-inducing ability increase. Mega Pidgeot is Normal / Flying and its Ability is No Guard. Its Special Attack increases. What's interesting about Mega Latios and Latias as that unlike their normal forms, which are blue and red respectively, both Mega Evolutions look almost identical, and are purple.

Like in the original Ruby and Sapphire games, Latios is obtainable in Omega Ruby while Latias is in Alpha Sapphire. Also like the originals, CoroCoro will be giving away a serial code to obtain the Eon Ticket, which allows you to travel to Southern Island to catch the opposite version's Pokemon.

Lastly, a new Eon Flute item allows you to fly over Hoenn on the backs of Mega Latios and Mega Latias. You can freely turn and accelerate the Pokemon like planes. You will then be able to encounter Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and other wild legendary Pokemon in Hoenn's clouds as well as on islands that can only be reached through this method of flight.

Previously, all three "starters" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136843-Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire-Audino-Gets-Mega-Evolution].

Source: Coro Coro Magazine (Japanese) via Poke Beach [http://pokebeach.com/2014/10/mega-beedrill-and-mega-pidgeot-in-corocoro]

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
It depends on how much Mega status boosts beedrill's stats, but that ability seems just great. Poison Jab+X-scissor isn't Stone Edge+ Earthquake, but adaptability means you'll be netting more damage. (earthquake is a 100, + 1.5 STAB is 150. X-scissor is 80, with a 2.0 STAB is 160). The coverage isn't the best, but I look forward to whomping some fools.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Mega Beedrill?

We're fucked guys. Pokemon's gonna be infested with bees.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Mega Bird Jesus has arrived. And he's brought the new world with him!

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
I am going to be so pissed if Beedrill gets a mega but Butterfree doesn't.

This is a good step for megas though, there needs to be more mega evolutions for pokemon which just aren't viable (so pretty much every bug, and flying type).

I want a Mega Butterfree though damnit.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I imagine fighting Mega Beedrill would go something like this:

Anyways, somewhat unexpected choices for these two. Beedrill and Pidgeot have been largely ignored in terms of significant improvement ever since they were introduced, and their status as early-game fodder certainly didn't help.

I'm curious whether or not this will actually cause them to see some legitimate use. I guess that really depends on the stat distribution, and whether or not they learn any interesting attacks in ORAS.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Two of my three favorite Pokemon already have Mega forms (Absol and Scyther/Scizor), so all I need is Mega Zoroark and I'm good to go. Too bad I'll probably have to wait till the remakes of Black and White for that.

Though Mega Pidgeot is pretty awesome.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Hmm, both are pretty interesting selections. Pidgeot has been outclassed by pretty much every bird after him (especially Staraptor), and Beedrill...just ain't great to begin with. I'm satisfied with giving more life to older Pokemon that need a boost, and these two look pretty good too. Aw yeah, I'll be loving that 100%-hitting hurricane without rain, thank you! Would suck to be the Pidgeot on the receiving end of that No Guard-assisted stone edge, but euh.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Is it just me or does Mega Slowbro seem unhappy with his Mega Evolution?
I guess if someting's been clinging to your tail since you evolved the first time and you've nourished it and protected it for x amount of time, then it tries to eat you with the first chance it gets. I'd be pretty unhappy too :D

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008

He has risen again, and on the third(remake)!

But yeah, B'Jesus and Mega Beedrill look pretty sweet. Not so sure about Mega-Auldino though. I mean who the fuck was aping for Auldino to have a mega? It's entire purpose is a punching bag for bonus xp.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Lastly, a new Eon Flute item, allows you to fly over Hoenn on the backs of Mega Latios and Mega Latias. You can freely turn and accelerate the Pokemon like planes. You will then be able to encounter Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and other wild legendary Pokemon in Hoenn's clouds as well as on islands that can only be reached through this method of flight.
Now that is the kind of new feature I can get excited about.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
But flygon... *whines*. My one shiny beastie and favorite ground dagger. Giev me my mega flygon already!

(But pidgeot was a good start.)

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Wow, the Eon Flute item sounds really exciting, can't wait to fly over Hoenn and the extra islands sound fun too. This game is like a nostalgia dream come true, come faster November!

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
JoJo said:
Wow, the Eon Flute item sounds really exciting, can't wait to fly over Hoenn and the extra islands sound fun too. This game is like a nostalgia dream come true, come faster November!
I wish we could get the eon ticket though... but it's not to be. Ah well, better luck next time. Let's see how my most nostalgic pokemon is going to shape up to be.