Never Miss a Movie Moment With RunPee.com

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Never Miss a Movie Moment With RunPee.com

Worried that you're going to miss something good the next time you have to "take a break" at the movies? Check out RunPee.com [http://www.runpee.com], a new site that lets you know when it's safe to go.

If you've gone to the movies more than twice in your life, this has happened to you: You schlep a jug of Coke roughly the size of a Volkswagen into the theater, suck the whole thing down while you're waiting for the movie to start and then 20 minutes after the lights go down your internal "pee or die" alarm is flashing bright red and you've got some hard decisions to make.

It's a question that's been around as long as the movie industry itself: When is it safe to pee? When can I dodge out and do what has to be done without missing a vital plot point, cool action sequence or tastefully-rendered boob flash? And why did I order such a ridiculously huge drink in the first place?

Finally, movie fans have their answer, thanks to RunPee.com, a website dedicated to letting you know when it's safe to go. The site's database doesn't rate movies or offer reviews; it simply provides a timeline with markers indicating the best moments to sneak a leak. Scrambled spoilers are also provided to help viewers recognize the correct "dodge-out" moments and also to fill them in on what they've missed.

Movie fans can sign up for the site and contribute to the small but growing database and while the focus is obviously on new movies, there's also a section for "classics" - and since classics, according to RunPee, includes films like Escape From New York [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/], I like it even more!

And what if you should forget to look up pee times before you get to the theater? Have no fear! RunPee is also available as a mobile application for the iPhone via the App Store, so you can take your pee times with you! Similar applications are in the works for the Blackberry, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile, Nokia and Android phones as well.

The only thing that annoys me more than trying to pick the right moment to nip out for a whiz in the middle of a film is the realization that the three minutes of expositional crap I just sat through with my legs crossed was probably it. But never again! Thank you, RunPee!

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
xD

Seriously? This is hilarious!
----
More serious note, this happened to me at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Ran out to pee literally five minutes before the credits started. So I missed the climax.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Seriously? Most movies are only two hours long. Is it really that big of a deal to just hold it?

If you're really so unable to hold it that you need to memorise pee-break times before you go see a movie, then you should probably wait for the DVD.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Hahahahahahaha. This is high-larious. I don't care if anyone uses it this just proves there are still people out there trying to come up with great ideas.

Apr 28, 2008
Nimbus said:
Seriously? Most movies are only two hours long. Is it really that big of a deal to just hold it?

If you're really so unable to hold it that you need to memorise pee-break times before you go see a movie, then you should probably wait for the DVD.
Or just not drink all of your drink waiting for the movies to start, or during the credits.

When I went to see the Dark Knight, I drank everything waiting for it to start. Then it started, and man that was not a fun experience.

Needless to say I learned my lesson.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Seriously, where the fuck was this site when I went to see the first Harry Potter movie? I missed the infamous quiditch match thanks to my blasted, ten year old, bladder!

APPCRASH

Mar 30, 2009
Nimbus said:

Have you ever ordered a small coke in an American theater?

Feb 13, 2008
Avykins said:
Heh, am I the only one that wants to "help" by adding times for shit like transformers that basically says "Yeah, it is safe to pee all the way through, only come back for these 3 scenes"
Frighteningly that was just what I was going to post.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
APPCRASH said:
Nimbus said:

Have you ever ordered a small coke in an American theater?
No, but unless the damn thing is 2 litres and you drink it all in 5 minutes, I still don't see the problem.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Here's a protip from a fellow movie watcher:

[HEADING=1]GO BEFOREHAND.[/HEADING]

Is it really that hard?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
When I went to see Sunshine, it was me and some other guy alone in the cinema. He clearly didn't know I was there, because about two thirds through the film, he sauntered to the back of the cinema and proceeded to shit in his popcorn bucket. I reported him to security and he was swiftly removed along with the offending turd.

As for me, my record is Pirates 3. It's not the longest film I've sat through after drinking my Coke during the trailers, but I waited for the after credits scene and it's a film that's essentially about water, which must deserve bonus points of some kind.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Nimbus said:

scotth266 said:
Here's a protip from a fellow movie watcher:

[HEADING=1]GO BEFOREHAND.[/HEADING]

Is it really that hard?
Protip: Some people actually have physiological problems that make them go to the bathroom more than others.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
THANK YOU INTERNET!!!! I am unfortunately one of those people who cant sit down for longer then about an hour and a half without having to piss like a racehorse... Especially at the movies. And the cold theaters only make it worse. Never again will i have to avoid any form of drink for an hour previous to show time!!!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Holy crap I thought this was sometime kind of spam bot as well. This might actually be a good idea.