Pirates, Ninjas To Join Fat Princess Cast?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Pirates, Ninjas To Join Fat Princess Cast?

Two wordless blog posts have appeared on the official blog of Fat Princess developer Titan Studios that hint at both pirates and ninjas joining the stellar PlayStation Network action/strategy title.

Entitled "Avast!" [http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/check-it/] respectively, the two posts contain nothing more than images of ninjas and pirates rendered in the game's decisively cartoonish art style, with the Titan Studios logo affixed in the corner.

The firm has yet to announce any plans for upcoming downloadable content for the title, but given the warm reception and brisk sales Fat Princess has seen since its debut on the PlayStation Network last month, it wouldn't be surprising to see some sort of add-on for the title.

Given the ubiquity of both pirates and ninjas in our Internet-infused pop culture, it also wouldn't be terribly surprising to see the two groups join the Archers, Fighters and Mages already present in the game's cast.

That said, nothing is official until either Titan Studios or publisher Sony Computer Entertainment confirms these rumors, so until that time fans will have to content themselves with growling "Yarrrr!" (or in the case of ninjas, absolutely nothing) while attempting to kidnap their foes' obese royalty.

Update: Since this post was originally written, Titan Studios has also added another wordless post containing an image of a chef [http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/order-up/]. Draw your own conclusions.

(Image [http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/check-it/])

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'd imagine that these would be pick-up classes ala Killzone 2 with their 2 downloadable maps. On only those two maps, there's the bolt gun and the flamethrower that are used as pickups on those maps exclusively. If the Pirate and Ninja turn out to be classes, I'd imagine it would be map exclusive or something.

Still, Ninjas.........no, Pirates.......no, Ninja Pirates FTW!

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
There is also a picture of a "chef" class. I can only imagine what the chef's abilities are.
http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/order-up/

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i cant really comment on this not playing the game, but wouldnt a pirate be kinda out of place in that game? a ninja can just about get away with it, but a pirate seems like its their just cause everyone goes on about it so much

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Angron said:
i cant really comment on this not playing the game, but wouldnt a pirate be kinda out of place in that game? a ninja can just about get away with it, but a pirate seems like its their just cause everyone goes on about it so much
Trust me, if you've played the game, nothing is out of place ;)

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
Jumplion said:
Angron said:
lol ok, ill take your word for it ;)

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Yay! I can be a Pirate!
Angron said:
Jumplion said:
Angron said:
lol ok, ill take your word for it ;)
Also, its thievery essentially so why wouldn't pirates be perfect for it?

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Awesome.

Now if the damn community wasn't so stupid, this game would be a AAA title. As it is, the game is just merely good.

SsLordMagus

Aug 21, 2009
I dont think Titan would put such a tease and never put them in the game..I remember reading when the game came out that there was gonna be dlcs and stuff.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I hear they have Chefs coming too. That might be cooler, considering.

Now they just have to drop the price to $10.
I'm not spending $15 on a downloadable game.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
Why not just pile in robots and zombies too? Might as well cram in all the tired memes they can think of.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
A chef eh? Well one of the games main mechanics is to feed the princess to make her fat so it's harder to rescue her, and there's already a builder class that...y'know, builds. So, a Chef class making power ups and cake to feed the princess doesn't sound too out there. Y'know, for the game as it is.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Would be ten times cooler if it was Chris the Ninja Pirate Mushroom, but I can't be bothered to even look at the game.