The Best $10 You Can Spend This Weekend

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Best $10 You Can Spend This Weekend

Break open the piggy bank and check the sofa for loose change, because GOG.com has Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good & Evil for just ten bucks.

Both Ubisoft titles were released during a particularly packed holiday season back in 2003, and as a result slid far under many gamers' radars. Though they've both since been lauded far and wide by people like yours truly, many still have yet to give either game a try.

From now until Monday, August 24th [http://www.gog.com/en/page/ubiaction_promo], you can snag each game from GOG.com for just $6.99 a piece or get them both for a paltry $10. Both games are absolutely fantastic (Sands of Time is my favorite in the Prince of Persia franchise), but Beyond Good & Evil, in particular, is woefully underplayed.

Remember that question from the Videogame Buddies quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/10] about the young reporter? That's Jade, from Beyond Good & Evil. So consider this an Escapist directive: Go get it and play it. You'll be glad you did.

Feb 13, 2008
Can I add, to the Elder Scrolls people who thrashed Baldur's Gate on the round 1 legacy to get Baldur's Gate for the same reasons?

That's not a directive, but everyone should meet Minsc once in their life.

Play.com [http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1087410/Baldur-Gate-Compilation/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&&engine=froogle_videogames&keyword=Baldur%27s+Gate+Compilation+%28PC%29&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:1087410|cat:RPGs] do a good deal where you get all 4 for 15 quid.

Froobyx

Mar 22, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Can I add, to the Elder Scrolls people who thrashed Baldur's Gate on the round 1 legacy to get Baldur's Gate for the same reasons?

That's not a directive, but everyone should meet Minsc once in their life.

Play.com [http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1087410/Baldur-Gate-Compilation/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&&engine=froogle_videogames&keyword=Baldur%27s+Gate+Compilation+%28PC%29&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:1087410|cat:RPGs] do a good deal where you get all 4 for 15 quid.
Ooooh, I'm gonna have to get me that for uni! :O Thanks!

I'll buy one for my boyfriend too cos he loves them more than me :D

Apr 28, 2008
I just bought Beyond Good and Evil off of Steam yeterday for $10...

Son of a *****.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Irridium said:

Son of a *****.
I bought the game for 120 PLN (about $30 at the time) and few months ago, for $10 on Steam again, because my CD was scraped so badly the audio was messed up.

I don't regret it.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
screw all the other games, Heroes of Might and Magic 3: complete will soon be available there.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I already bought Beyond Good and Evil packaged with THREE other games for 9.99 on steam...

Steam's weekend deals are certainly something to watch, once in awhile they have amazing deals.

Just last week all half life games were 66% off, if you somehow didnt own them yet. I myself grabbed blue shift and opposing force for 1.75 each, as I'm bound to get at least that much worth of entertainment out of each, (thats like less than 1/5th the cost of a movie)

Go steam!

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Just bought them and d/l now :D

I hope that Dungeon Keeper one day comes to GOG.com

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I think they deserve a look at.
and with the exchange rate... oh!
[sub]that's a really low price... must be good value[/sub]

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Two of the greatest games ever made, Sands of Time being my favourite game of all time. If you have not done so already, BUY THEM!

Apr 28, 2008
Abedeus said:
Irridium said:

Son of a *****.
I bought the game for 120 PLN (about $30 at the time) and few months ago, for $10 on Steam again, because my CD was scraped so badly the audio was messed up.

I don't regret it.
I don't either, I am loving the game, its just if I waited 1 more day, I could have gotted it and Sands of Time in 1 nice package.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Bought and running it but the games ran better on my Xbox. Off course the bastard died.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I already got the Sands Of Time trilogy for $20 at Wal-Mart, and I also got BGAE for $5 before that. Alas, my computer seems to be throwing a goddamn hissy whenever I try to play BGAE.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Ranooth said:
They have a wish list section to their site, so you can tell them that. Also, they do already have Evil Genius which does play a bit like Dungeon Keeper set in a James Bond movie.

As for the current bundle, I bought BG&E from GOG for $6.99 last month and I don't feel the least bit sorry.

-- Steve

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
Ranooth said:
They have a wish list section to their site, so you can tell them that. Also, they do already have Evil Genius which does play a bit like Dungeon Keeper set in a James Bond movie.

As for the current bundle, I bought BG&E from GOG for $6.99 last month and I don't feel the least bit sorry.

-- Steve
Way ahead of you my friend, and Evil Genius was the first game i ever got on there :D

Thank you so much Susan, BG&E is just concentrated awesome!