See the New Cards for Hearthstone Expansion Goblins vs. Gnomes - Update

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
See the New Cards for Hearthstone Expansion Goblins vs. Gnomes - Update

Update: Includes gallery of new cards.

Original Story: BlizzCon 2014 kicked off in Anaheim today with the announcement of a new expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft called Goblins vs. Gnomes, which will be released next month.

Hearthstone production director Jason Chayes said that more than 120 cards would be available, including Explosive Sheep and The Annoyotron. While fans not at BlizzCon will have to wait until next month, players at the con will get to play it right away.

The game is in its final balance passes of development, Chayes said. Goblins will have lots of explosives, while Gnomes will transform things with gadgets. He also said there will be a lot of automated robotic mechs, like a spider tank, and a category of mech called the piloted mech. "The way that these work when you put them into play, they'll do their battle or your behalf, and when they blow up at the end of their existence, you'll see the pilot eject out and parachute in as a random card," he said. Cards like Harvest Golem and Alarmobot will now be considered mechs in the game.

[gallery=3476]

The philosophy of Goblins vs. Gnomes is to be more involved than the previously released Curse of Naxxramas "adventure" released earlier this year, he said. "This will be a bigger change to the game with more of an impact on on the various deck types you will see."

In addition to the expansion release, Android support for the game will be coming next month as well.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well that's gonna be in my head all day now.

Looking forward to some new cards.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
So much RNG... seriously, these news have massively decreased my current fun in HS. Who ever thought this was a good idea?!?

We need less RNG, not shitloads more.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
rofltehcat said:
So much RNG... seriously, these news have massively decreased my current fun in HS. Who ever thought this was a good idea?!?

As someone who plays Randuin, and webspinners I disagree. MOAR RANDOM PLZ. Also I wonder if the portal draws from your deck is a random minion from the entire game?

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Voltron better be worth it if I have to sack all my mechs I have in play.

so will these cards be integrated into the packs, and I wonder what the class division will be. if the card gallery is any indication then it looks to be 80 percent neutral.

my question is how do you give this stuff to like a druid unless they get a "destroy target mech", or a "destroy all mechs", or even "turn target mech into a tree"

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Jeremy Dawkins said:
rofltehcat said:

As someone who plays Randuin, and webspinners I disagree. MOAR RANDOM PLZ. Also I wonder if the portal draws from your deck is a random minion from the entire game?
this will probably be similar to how Tauren Chieftain, the current gnome inventor (awesome my ass try 1 awesome 2 "why the hell did I play this"), or the dream dragon work where they say "random" but they just pull from a set of 3-4

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
And this seals the deal on me never playing hearthstone again. I do not need more bullshit cards to completely fuck me over no matter what I do or what cards I have. I put 40$ in to that game and I want it back, I thought that Naxx would be a nice fun romp because it was single player,NOPE, it required mastery of building decks and using them ON TOP OF, the BULLSHIT RNG THAT DRAWS YOUR CARDS FOR YOU. I thought that maybe some expert cards would help so I would have options but NO, still fucked over every time. Its not that i wa not winning but the fact that every loss was a curbstomp, and it got to the point where I was yelling at my screen EVERY TIME MY OPPONENT DID SOMETHING. And even wins were still angry because every play was an annoyance that would delay the game even longer. FUCK THAT GAME, I could have had more fun with something else I could have got for those 40$.

The_Great_Galendo

Sep 14, 2012
rofltehcat said:

My sentiments exactly. I haven't been playing all that long, but my guess is that I'll stop entirely once these terrible cards are released.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Wow, V-07-TR-0N + inner fire = Instant 32 damage

Like the Voltron reference though ;)

Schmeiser

Nov 21, 2011
Prime_Hunter_H01 said:
And this seals the deal on me never playing hearthstone again. I do not need more bullshit cards to completely fuck me over no matter what I do or what cards I have. I put 40$ in to that game and I want it back, I thought that Naxx would be a nice fun romp because it was single player,NOPE, it required mastery of building decks and using them ON TOP OF, the BULLSHIT RNG THAT DRAWS YOUR CARDS FOR YOU. I thought that maybe some expert cards would help so I would have options but NO, still fucked over every time. Its not that i wa not winning but the fact that every loss was a curbstomp, and it got to the point where I was yelling at my screen EVERY TIME MY OPPONENT DID SOMETHING. And even wins were still angry because every play was an annoyance that would delay the game even longer. FUCK THAT GAME, I could have had more fun with something else I could have got for those 40$.
Well that was money wasted, as for the raging part i too was pretty mad at losses and constantly playing warlocks that don't have a creature over 3 mana in their decks. But you just have to realize this is a pure luck game with a very shallow gameplay so i realized you just have to relax and play with a neutral attitude. Just do quests and arenas

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lot's of rng stuff... Thank goodness I'm in the upper ranks where this shit probably won't be played. Some of these cards are legitimately cool, others... ugh.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Jeremy Dawkins said:
rofltehcat said:

I agree with this.

There's just somethin ridiculously fun about playin a deck that can just as easily screw you over as it can win you the game. Heck, back in my Yugioh days I used to build decks specifically designed off that idea.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
PunkRex said:
Mega-Windfury with Charge... well that's gonna get nerfed.
Not really that legendary is not a card you play, he basically like Tadius, in Voltron case, you need Mimiron Head on the field at the start of your turn, along at least 2 other mech, then all your mech on the field get destroy to form Voltron.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
shintakie10 said:
Jeremy Dawkins said:
rofltehcat said:

I agree with this.

There's just somethin ridiculously fun about playin a deck that can just as easily screw you over as it can win you the game. Heck, back in my Yugioh days I used to build decks specifically designed off that idea.
Yep. I would rather lose in a hilarious game. then win in a boring game. It's card game, let's have some laughs.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
iniudan said:
PunkRex said:
Not really that legendary is not a card you play, he basically like Tadius, in Voltron case, you need Mimiron Head on the field at the start of your turn, along at least 2 other mech, then all your mech on the field get destroy to form Voltron.
I realize that, but considering how easy it will be to get mechs on field with this expansion 16 burst damage seems a bit freaking high, add something like 'Power Overwhelming' and that's game son.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
PunkRex said:
iniudan said:
PunkRex said:
I realize that, but considering how easy it will be to get mechs on field with this expansion 16 burst damage seems a bit freaking high, add something like 'Power Overwhelming' and that's game son.
yeah I see how on a few decks that can easily turn to from 30 to 0 lethal pretty quick.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
PunkRex said:
iniudan said:
PunkRex said:
That cards one of those overkill cards. If you have enough board control to get Voltron out then chances are you can finish off your opponent with any number of combos and face smashes. Its just a nice cherry on top if you knock them out with somethin like Voltron.

The biggest downside is you have to cards at the start of your turn to pull it off. So either you have a beefy taunt minion up, or your opponent has no answer for you anyway and Voltron would just be excessive.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Man. I am loving all of these new cards. Then again, I was that guy who made yugioh decks all around Dice Rolls and coin flips. It's just more fun this way, if you ask me. Also that Leper gnome card? 10/10, or well, I guess 9/7 in this case.

But you know who are really going to appreciate these new mech cards? BOTS!