Inquisition and Unity: 20% Off Release Week Deals

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Inquisition and Unity: 20% Off Release Week Deals

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (Xbox 360) - $6.99 at Microsoft.
List is $20.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Anyone know if GMG will give keys early for preloading DA Inquisition on Origin? I can't find anything on their site but it still seemed worth asking.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I don't suppose the prices will hold after release? I don't plan to purchase Inquisition for a few days after release to see what sort of firestorms form on the forums.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
After Dragon Age II, I think I'm gonna wait until the reviews are in before deciding whether or not to get this game. Also, I'd rather not have Origin on my PC.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Goddamnit, this is the first time GMG have specifically locked out a game for me.
I can't buy Inquisition at all there.
And I'm not paying 88$ for the standard edition over at Origin.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Gennadios said:
I don't suppose the prices will hold after release? I don't plan to purchase Inquisition for a few days after release to see what sort of firestorms form on the forums.
I doubt these prices will hold, but they probably will have another special down the road eventually.

Storm Dragon said:
After Dragon Age II, I think I'm gonna wait until the reviews are in before deciding whether or not to get this game. Also, I'd rather not have Origin on my PC.
There are a bunch of reviews out now, they are a lot more positive then what was there for Dragon Age 2. Even Angry Joe seems pleased with what he saw during the demo that BioWare has given out. I know there are people that dislike gaming website reviews, but with what has happened with other reviewers (such as YouTube and Shadow of Mordor) I don't trust anyone aside from my own opinion.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
dealzon said:
In one week BioWare's long awaited RPG release of Dragon Age: Inquisition will make its debut on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 for $59.99. For those stroked about the game
OK, it sounds like it's going to be a decent game, but I think that would be taking things a bit far. (I think you may have meant "stoked".)

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
Gennadios said:
Nope. According to the banner on the site, the offer ends at 16.00 UTC on the 14th. While in my experience GMG almost always has voucher codes active, and it may well be that they have another similar offer that includes DA:I soon after its release, it's not guaranteed.

Personally, I'm pretty against pre-ordering. I'm also appalled that EA are charging a whole £10 more for the download than the physical copy But I really enjoyed DA2, and even without userbase reviews hitting the net I'm 99% convinced DA:I will be better than DA2. I'm going to get this game at some point. I know it. And I'd really rather 'some point' be pretty damn soon. So I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and pre-order it while it's at least matching the cost of the physical disc.

Having never tried it with Origin, does anyone know if you can buy the physical copy and redeem a downloadable version the way you can in Steam? I really don't want to have to put the disc in every time I play, but the potential savings (and the chance to avoid condoning EA's bullshit pricing) are really swaying me to buying physical.

EDIT: Looked it up. [http://help.ea.com/uk/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/] Sure seems possible. So why the hell is the digital version so much more expensive? The ability to preload surely can't be worth an extra tenner?

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Ushiromiya Battler said:
Goddamnit, this is the first time GMG have specifically locked out a game for me.
Which region are you in btw? When last check it was working in EU/UK but somehow not Canada. Not sure why there...

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Jak2364 said:
Anyone know if GMG will give keys early for preloading DA Inquisition on Origin? I can't find anything on their site but it still seemed worth asking.
They usually send a day or two before release so you get a chance to preload.. but it seems to be more publisher dependent than GMG. so if publisher doesn't give them the keys, GMG is out of luck in that department.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Gennadios said:
Well it already went up by $4 to $51.99 which is A LOT less attractive IMO.

I'd wait if you were already planning on waiting anyways.

There's an equivalent deal at GameStop for $50.99 which saves another dollar

To be honest (in my opinion) at $51.99 I'm not sure if its worth the pre-order... sure its just $4 more but its the principal of things heh. If you're going to dive into the pre-order mess you might as well get the full cash incentive thats available.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
UrinalDook said:
EDIT: Looked it up. [http://help.ea.com/uk/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/] Sure seems possible. So why the hell is the digital version so much more expensive? The ability to preload surely can't be worth an extra tenner?
you're basically getting a product key with the physical version.. and i'm also pretty sure the DVD is just there to let you install the game faster and you wouldn't need the DVD anymore after install.. you'll need origin to be running + being online given that's the DRM.

i hadn't realized in the UK they're charging more for the digital version.

preload is definitely not the reason. they're simply keeping MSRP up for whatever crazy regional pricing reason. sucks.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
dealzon said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
Which region are you in btw? When last check it was working in EU/UK but somehow not Canada. Not sure why there...
I'm guessing I'm in the EU region as I'm from Norway.
Might just be Origin fucking me instead.
I find it a bit odd as this is the first time I've been locked out of buying a game on GMG.
DA Inquisition isn't even on the site for me.

Sep 14, 2009
Ushiromiya Battler said:
dealzon said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
I find it a bit odd as this is the first time I've been locked out of buying a game on GMG.
hmm..when buying product keys (through GMG or other such sites), do they give you a EU key typically or is there norway specific keys?

if it's just the EU, you should be able to setup a VPN quite easily to buy the game really quickly from a neighboring EU country, add the key to your account later on, then turn off the VPN and download it normally.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
dealzon said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
hmm..when buying product keys (through GMG or other such sites), do they give you a EU key typically or is there norway specific keys?

if it's just the EU, you should be able to setup a VPN quite easily to buy the game really quickly from a neighboring EU country, add the key to your account later on, then turn off the VPN and download it normally.
Uhm, how do I check whether it's a region specific key?

EDIT: It turned up :O
But there's no price.
EDIT2: I get a 404 page is not found warning :/

Sep 14, 2009
Ushiromiya Battler said:
gmaverick019 said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
dealzon said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:

Uhm, how do I check whether it's a region specific key?

EDIT: It turned up :O
But there's no price.
EDIT2: I get a 404 page is not found warning :/
to be honest, for now, I would just send in a support ticket to GMG, they've been very good to me in the past in getting back to me within the next 24 hours and they've always been friendly, so maybe ask them what's the deal, or what can you do about it.

If they can't help you, then maybe you can try doing the VPN setup.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I uhh...heh heh...thing the bottom fell out of the market for Unity, so you can take that one down, I think.