Bloodborne Delayed Until March, 2015 - Update

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Bloodborne Delayed Until March, 2015 - Update

Bloodborne has been pushed back a month from its initial February 2015 release date.

Update: Sony of America has confirmed that the delay will also affect the North American release of the game. Bloodborne will now launch in NA on March 24.

Source: Sony [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/12/bloodborne-update-now-launching-march-24th/]

Original Story: It's never good news when we hear about a game being delayed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134976-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Release-Delayed-Until-2015], but this time, at least it's only a small one. Bloodborne, From Software's upcoming PS4-exclusive Dark Souls successor, has been pushed back from its February, 2015 release date, to March of the same year.

"We were really grateful for all the player data and feedback we received from those who took part in our recent limited alpha test, and this extra development time will allow us to better integrate these learnings into the game," wrote the Sony team on its official PlayStation blog [http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/12/bloodborne-release-date-moves-march-2015/?adbid=532443297545846784&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141112_35446587].

Bloodborne is now set to launch in the PAL region on March 25, 2015 (and March 27 in UK and Ireland). Sony of America has yet to confirm whether or not the delay will hit the US version of the game, but going from the wording of the blog post, we can probably assume it will affect all versions.

"In the meantime, look out for some exciting Bloodborne news in early December," teased Sony. "Thank you very much for your continued support and patience!"

Bloodborne Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa recently confirmed that the game would run at 30 FPS hands on time with the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138251-Bloodborn-Dec-Claims-30-FPS-is-The-Best-For-Action-Games], we didn't really notice the frame rate all that much.

Source: Sony [http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/12/bloodborne-release-date-moves-march-2015/?adbid=532443297545846784&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141112_35446587]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States

WHY FROM SOFTWARE! WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME!?

Ah well, at least it's only a month. And hey, if they use that month to polish the game up, that'll make the final purchase even better.

mattawbrown

Oct 3, 2012
"It's never good news when we hear about a game being delayed" Yes, giving a company more time in development to iron out the bugs is a horrible thing.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
mattawbrown said:
"It's never good news when we hear about a game being delayed" Yes, giving a company more time in development to iron out the bugs is a horrible thing.
Yes...Funny thing that the release date has been moved to the same month as TW3. I get the feeling that this move was made by the publisher rather than the developer.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
At first I thought that this was some DLC for Destiny because the cover looked so similar. Why must all covers now have the protagonist with their back to the audience and head tilted?

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Bloodborne is now set to launch in the PAL region on March 25, 2015 (and March 27 in UK and Ireland). Sony of America has yet to confirm whether or not the delay will hit the US version of the game, but going from the wording of the blog post, we can probably assume it will effect all versions.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/12/bloodborne-update-now-launching-march-24th/

yup, hits US as well, Marth 24th.

OT: Ehh, not too worried about only a month of delay. Still probably going to be pretty good, and it'll give me time to finish other games while I wait. February is already going to be a big month for games, so its actually a good thing they delayed it a little bit. Means March will be all about Bloodborne.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
At least the game isn't right around the corner. That happened with Dragon Age: Inquisition and it drove me nuts. February is still a ways off, so the delay doesn't hurt too bad.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
That's good news for me, more time for a potential price drop in console. I was hoping for a good blackfriday deal on the PS4, but when compared to the XB1 deals the Last of Us and GTA5 just are bleh.
Really hope they polish up the game, but knowing From and their track record the game is most likely not running well and they've had to chop things out and give it a downgrade.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
This only puts the game closer to my birthday. So I know exactly what I'll be doing that day now.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
After playing Dark Souls on the PS3, I'm not surprised that 60fps is out of the question - Dark Souls couldn't even keep a stable 30fps most of the time!

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Having Bloodborne and The Order in the same month was a pretty dumb move by Sony anyway. Hopefully they'll be able to fix some of the problems people encountered in the alpha e.g. camera issues

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I don't see there being much to be bummed about, it's still a small delay, at least when you compare it to the fact we've not had an Armored Core game from FS in a long while (yes there was verdict day in 2013 and V in 2012 but both got seen as shit and reviewed as such and I hated them compared to the previous installments).

I'm going to assume that if in the enxt 4 years there's no new AC that From have strictly limited themselves to DS type games.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
mad825 said:
mattawbrown said:
Yes...Funny thing that the release date has been moved to the same month as TW3. I get the feeling that this move was made by the publisher rather than the developer.
Actually The Witcher 3 releases at the end of February, so it's actually been moved from the same month as The Witcher 3.

OT: Don't see much to be disappointed about here, it's only a small delay, probably to fix some issues they want gone by launch.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Frankly, good. There's no need to rush the development of a game and if the devs have run into an issue and need some extra time to fix it it's better they are given it rather than being forced to release the game obviously unfinished (Hi Battlefield 3).

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Take the time to get the game right. Also, it's only a month delay and it was still several months away as it was. Not really anything to see here.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
That's still a lot earlier than I originally expected when I first heard about the game. If they need more time to get it right, I'll be more than happy to wait. Better that than getting an unfinished hackjob.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
A month is not much of a delay. Some glitch fixing at best, not much time to make real changes to the game. A shame really, I'm much less interested in the game after playing the alpha. I really dislike the no block combat system. And as there was no ranged combat in the alpha for the player either I found it much less fun and a lot more frustrating than the souls games.

But maybe they'll add some kind of compass system or something so you can actually find the player that comes into the game for coop. Because you almost never found them in the alpha, on those occasions when you actually found someone to join your game.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
I thought as much, well I got a lot of things to play anyway. Really looking forward to the long awaited successor to Demon Souls.

Shadow-Phoenix said:
I don't see there being much to be bummed about, it's still a small delay, at least when you compare it to the fact we've not had an Armored Core game from FS in a long while (yes there was verdict day in 2013 and V in 2012 but both got seen as shit and reviewed as such and I hated them compared to the previous installments).

I'm going to assume that if in the enxt 4 years there's no new AC that From have strictly limited themselves to DS type games.
A shame as I've always liked the AC series (wish they'd stop with the constant story reboots). I platinumed Verdict Day so I got a lot of hours under my belt on it. Not as much effort was put into it's presentation unlike V (but I suppose VD is one of those mission pack sequels so that will be the case), and the story was what is pretty much the go to AC story. You're a merc who does jobs for corporations, though VD only has a single corp with the other two being one a state ruled by a fascist dictator, and another by cultists (does that mean the corp is the least evil?). There are AIs who go crazy, there are elite mercs who are obviously evil, and the story doesn't conclude in a satisfactory manner.

In regards to gameplay it had some nice fights (Arena not being present will always be criminal), but sadly they decided to regulate the really good ones to just the online side of the game meaning a lot of players simply aren't going to experience the fights (not to mention will have to wait ages to get the chance at a rematch). I particularly enjoyed the return of Motherwill.