Capcom Delays Dark Void To Add 'New Feature'

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Delays Dark Void To Add 'New Feature'

The delay of Capcom's upcoming sci-fi shooter Dark Void to 2010 has little to do with development problems and has everything to do with "hover."

"The main reason we delayed Dark Void was because we really wanted to spend the extra time we needed to re-polish it and add a new feature," Capcom associate producer Shana Bryant told Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5341701/dark-voids-delay-explained-hint-it-has-to-do-with-hover].

The feature, Kotaku says, is "hover up," the ability to not only fly through environments, but to slow down and pause in mid-air.

Additionally, Capcom has removed the tendency for players to simply splatter against the environment if they happen to collide with an object while flying. Though it may be realistic, the danger of turning into bloody goo subtracted from the glee of high-speed aerial maneuvers.

Barring further delays Dark Void should hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 early next year.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
JET PACK ON!!

Had to say that,
had my eye on this and to see that there adding more is good

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
This game looks so fun. I can almost picture the glee on my face as I whizz about the map

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
This does look pretty fun. I'll try the demo when it's released.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Oh god...I'm going to be living in a one room apartment with a pot head called Fred by 2010. How am I going to afford ANY of these games?!

Oh well...I wonder how long I can go without food...

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
damn, i cant wait for this game!
however, everything they're adding just seems to make the game better, so im cool with waiting.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Looks like an original take on a shooter. I've been watching it for a while, and the last video I watched looked fun.

Not the highest on my HOLY SHIT WANT list, but it's definetely looking good.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
another game due early 2010? bloody hell, theres gona be a lot of games competing for very few customers next year... I predict a lot of money lost and maybe even some companies shutting down in spring =\

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
How did I know that the quote would add the word "polish". I want this game to look like it just got a pedicure.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
I guess it's good that they're taking time to improve the game, theoretically.

I just want Capcom to make something awesome.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
zoozilla said:
I guess it's good that they're taking time to improve the game, theoretically.

I just want Capcom to make something awesome.
yea same here.
the past few years thay have made some good games, but none awesome.
and so far the changes they have made seem to allow the game to flow and play better.
cant wait to play it.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
This looks like it's going to be a very cool game.
But damn it, is NOTHING coming out late this year. I mean all the major games left are (off the top off my head) Saboteur, Assassin's Creed 2, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
It's quite infuriating. But, yeah I'd play this game.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I can wait, and the changes sound like they're worth waiting for. I would have killed myself a lot by just screwing around otherwise.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
This might be irrelevant to the point the first-poster was making but I respect any company that can delay a game because they want to make it better or fix something that could be wrong. This is a GOOD move, deadlines be damned.