Mini-Teaser Debuts First Footage of Jurassic World

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Mini-Teaser Debuts First Footage of Jurassic World

Sneak-peak at hotly-anticipated trailer shows off the all-new park, dinosaurs

The Jurassic World [http://www.jurassicworld.com/] is counting-down to the premiere of the film's first trailer this Friday. But a brief (15 seconds, to be exact) teaser clip has now appeared online, offering fans their first glimpse at the stars, dinosaurs and new-generation Park.

Directed by relative-newcomer Collin Trevorrow (Guardians of The Galaxy's [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jSnAs7mq8] Chris Pratt as a dinosaur trainer and Judy Greer as a scientist.

The story is set to unfold in a high-tech new facility built on the site of the original Jurassic Park, more in the style of Sea World than John Hammond's "nature-preserve" vision, which has been operating without incident for many years now. Story details [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134874-Leaked-Jurassic-World-Story-Details-Confirmed] have been closely-guarded, but are heavily rumored to include a conflict between the "natural" dinosaurs of the original films and a new breed of hybrid, genetically-modified "mutant" dinos created to boost attendance with more aggressive, "scary" attractions.

Jurassic World is due for release in June 2015.

Source: Universal Pictures [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdIL7pUjcg]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Cannot. Wait.

Honestly i hope they pull this off, I would hate for this film to be a huge flop.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
MovieBob said:
...but are heavily rumored to include a conflict between the "natural" dinosaurs of the original films and a new breed of hybrid, genetically-modified "mutant" dinos....
...and if they manage to pull this off without it looking like bad fanfiction, I will be unutterably surprised.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
And the day is saved when Rocket Raccoon takes on a T-Rex in fisticuffs, wins, and claims the island as its prize, making a jumping off platform for how dinosaurs will make an appearance under the Guardians' command in Avengers 3.

Can this happen?....Please O.O

Just had an image of the guardians riding Dinosaurs into battle against Thanos, with Rocket Racoon riding a Raptor, Starlord on a Trex, Gammora on a Triceratops, Groot on a Stegosaurus and Drax on a Spinosaurus....

This needs to happen....NOW!

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Dear Mad Scientists,

If you genetically engineer large predators to be more aggressive, you deserve what inevitably happens next.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Story details have been closely-guarded, but are heavily rumored to include a conflict between the "natural" dinosaurs of the original films and a new breed of hybrid, genetically-modified "mutant" dinos created to boost attendance with more aggressive, "scary" attractions."

Okay, that would suuuuuuuck. It's impossible that a park that has motha-flippin' REAL DINOSAURS would ever need ANY gimmick to boost attendance! At best they'd start offering cheaper packages/multi day deals etc. for the real high rollers.
Actual dinosaurs will keep countless coming back over and over AGAIN.

Even a lame ass Zoo has much returns visits and tourists over all the time...
And a super unique one not making enough money with actual dinosaurs is just mega ludicrous.
I think big US universities would ALONE give you millions of bucks for the exclusive rights to study animal and plant behaviour and interaction on the off hours!

I could only view the mutants as a crazy attempt to branch out into a completely new park, with a wholly different audience.
But I can't see who would prefer human made monsters over the real deal?

Plus, that rolling ball thing... uhmm, we REALLY need to show it's the future THAT much?
I facepalmed when I saw it. Sure, it's probably "unbreakable" and "super safe" till the plot decides otherwise, but it just looks extremely silly.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Pyrian said:
Dear Mad Scientists,

If you genetically engineer large predators to be more aggressive, you deserve what inevitably happens next.
Obscenely large profits and global adoration? Well, I should bally well think so!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
How does Chris Pratt find the time?

I'm worried about this movie, every Jurassic Park movie has been worse than the last one. First one, Awesome. Second one, bad writing. Third one, terrible beyond words. I'm not sure how this could possibly be good, but I'm willing to give it a shot when it winds up on Netflix.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
So what happened when a pair of normal Velociraptors got loose in the first film taught science nothing then. "You know those Raptors are pretty good intelligent hunters but you know we need? Better genetically enhanced raptors." All I'm saying is if I was in charge genetically modifying raptors I'd probably start with nerfing their ability to work out doorknobs and do something about the teeth and claws. But then I guess I would not draw in the big bucks in this horrible vision of the future where the general populace do not think living breathing dinosaurs are awesome. Which I might add is a future don't want to be a part of.

That aside called me cautiously optimistic, I mean it can't be any worse than Jurassic Park 3 after all.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I'll admit: the first one is probably my favorite movie of all time. But I hate the sequels. The Lost World was bad, and JP 3 was bland. So, never been at all interested in Jurassic World.

But...

=sigh=

I have to admit, the inner fanboy in me really wants to see what a functioning park would look like. And apparently they're bringing back Henry Wu, who was an important character in the book but only got one scene in the movie. And, you know, Chris Pratt. So it's now at least got my curiosity.

That "improved dinosaurs" thing is still setting off alarm bells though. And I don't really care for that spinning ball thing.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Well, my enthusiasm has taken a nosedive at that description. Bleh.

Won't judge it until I see more but I'm less excited now.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Chris Pratt! I saw Chris Pratt! Story will most likely be terrible, but Chris Pratt is in it!

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Could not have been less enthusiastic about this movie before the teaser. Or so I thought.
It turns out, I was wrong. I am definitely less enthusiastic about it now.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Ugh, really? I understand that movie making is a business and you want to wring every last dollar out of those IPs, but it's seriously time to let this one die.

The original was a passable but heavily truncated adaptation of a fantastically intelligent and speculative book; a movie that was fortunate enough to be filmed when digital effects were opening up new possibilities for animation and the general obsession that children have with dinosaurs was ripe to be tapped by an aggressive cross-promotion campaign with Hasbro and McDonalds. Please, for the love of god, stop flogging the dead horse.