Bird Dating Sim Hatoful Boyfriend Flying to PS4 and Vita in 2015

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Bird Dating Sim Hatoful Boyfriend Flying to PS4 and Vita in 2015

<youtube=TRoGpFj9-mM>​
The goofy bird dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend is heading for fancy "next-gen!"

Today Devolver Digital announced Devolver Digital and Mediatonic released an HD version [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/hatoful%20boyfriend] on PC in September.

Hatoful Boyfriend is a wacky dating sim where you play as the lone human in a school for talented birds. You pursue your romantic avian interests for characters like the creepy doctor, the quiet kid in the library, and the childhood friend, but lurking behind the dating sim is a darker story.

"I never dreamt when I first made Hatoful Boyfriend I'd see it on PlayStation," Hato Moa said. "Thanks to the amazing fans and Mediatonic, I hope now even more people will discover pigeon love... All you need is dove."

"All y'all PlayStation nerds need to stop waiting for The Last Guardian to magically appear and buy my pigeon dating simulator," Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker said. "It's the only sensible thing to do."

[gallery=3556]

The game will be coming to the big leagues on the PS4 and Sony's handheld the PS Vita in the second quarter of the 2015. It's available now on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Source: MCV UK [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/24/hatoful-boyfriend-flapping-to-ps4-ps-vita-in-2015/#sf5936303]

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Please tell me this is a mistimed April fools joke, pretty please. If this ends up on ps+ I will not be happy.

Captcha: thumbs up
Even captcha is taken the piss.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
This info is totally coo.

Pack it up, everyone. System wars are over. PS4 emerges as clear winner.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I keep reading it as "Hateful Boyfriend" before realizing it's just a Japanese word.
I keep thinking to myself "Who would want a hateful boyfriend?"

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Huh. Well, that game got popular. Good for them. Dodger's LetsPlay of it was great. :D

8bitOwl said:
Wow, talk about a joke gone too far.

Dat PS4's potential so used to its fullest.
Are you just upset there's no Owl representation in the game? >;D
Souplex said:
I keep reading it as "Hateful Boyfriend" before realizing it's just a Japanese word.
<.< That's oddly relevant to the games plot.

Also, the name is a Japanese pun.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Souplex said:
I think it's a fetish. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BastardBoyfriend]

More and more I hear about this game, more and more I feel like I should play it. I'm just afraid about how deep this pigeon hole goes...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Aside for Mr Garrison, who'd want to seduce and have sex with a pigeon? The mere existence of this title (I didn't want to call it something it is clearly not) confounds me.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Ah. Yes. This game.

I suppose I don't have an excuse not to do the routes I didn't do now. Fuck reality, making me play games about dating pigeons.

Bayushi_Kouya

Mar 31, 2009
::Collapses in gales of laughter, clutching his sides at the very thought of this showing up in the new releases of the PlayStation Store:: ::sucks in a breath, continues laughing:: ::While convulsing in amused paroxysms, earmarks the money to buy it when it's released::