8 of the Best Selling Games From The Last Generation of Consoles

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of the Best Selling Games From The Last Generation of Consoles

Today we look back at the best selling games to come from the last generation of consoles, the seventh generation. So look back and see just how many of them you've played and enjoyed. You'll be surprised at just what games sold the most.

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Should you really be counting games that came bundled with a console?

It just seems kind of, odd, to me.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
So all but one of these games were bundled? This is a bad list. I dont think ANY of those games would have sold a quarter of what they "sold" if they weren't bundled.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
But it's fact though, they've sold the most.

It would be a different list if we didn't include bundles.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Tanis said:
Should you really be counting games that came bundled with a console?

It just seems kind of, odd, to me.
Plenty of the top selling games for the other consoles were bundled together at some point. Halo 3, CoD:MW2, heck even Skyrim was bundled later on. The comparison will be even harder this generation with so many of the AAA games released thus far have already been part of bundles.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
No wonder Microsoft was so reluctant of dropping the Kinect in the XB1. The motion control fad got crazy at some point, and they must have been expecting they would strike a Wii style success with it.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's rather pathetic that all but 2 games on that list is Wii bundle garbage.
Of course, if we excluded bundles, I wonder how it would look....probably three iterations of Call of Duty 4.x plus Skyrim and Pokemon.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Wow...I haven't played any of those games. Okay, I think I played one of the Wii ones, but only a little. I guess Nintendo really did stomp the ground with Sony and Microsoft last generation.

Can we get a list of the top selling PS3 and 360 games next please? I'd like to see what that would be.