Game of Thrones Ep. 1 - Iron from Ice - Telltale Strikes Again

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Game of Thrones Ep. 1 - Iron from Ice - Telltale Strikes Again

When you play the Telltale Game of Thrones game, you win or you die. And have fun with both.

Read Full Article

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Good review. I think I'll wait for the whole thing to be out and see what people think of it as a whole before getting this one. Still, out of all the settings I can think of that would make a good Tales game, Westeros is definitely up there.

Side note: Have you guys reviewed Tales From the Borderlands yet? I haven't seen a review and and a quick search has come up with nothing. That one sounds like it's actually better than this one so I'm curious to see what you guys think.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I don't suppose you know how well this runs on an iPad?
I'd prefer to get it for iPad, but The Wolf Among Us ran terribly on mine (iPad 2)
So if its just as choppy, I'd prefer to get it for PC.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Greg Tito said:
the fortunes of the Forresters are only going to get worse when the stern Boltons take power in the North.
Y'know, there are a number of adjectives I'd use to describe the major players who ride under the banner of the flayed man, but I don't think "stern" would rank in the top 10...

I'm glad to hear that the game sounds worth playing, but I'm increasingly feeling that, with most TT games, it's worth letting them run a few episodes in before purchasing as long as one can avoid spoilers.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I enjoyed the game because I'm such a Telltale fan, but I'll be first to admit that I know very little about the Game of Thrones lore.

If you're a fan of the books or the television show, what did you think of this game?

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Greg Tito said:
the fortunes of the Forresters are only going to get worse when the stern Boltons take power in the North.
Oh Greg, you should know by now what kind of series this is...

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Just finished the first episode and, I have to say, it's a good start. I was a little worried by the graphics, that, even with the stylized look, it would fall short, but I felt immersed almost immediately. The game is slightly laggy though, but no more than other Telltale games.

Looking forward to another five episodes!

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
The dialogue isn't as Game of Thronesy as I'd like, and they say "fuck" too much for my liking, but I think the art style matches surprisingly well... apart from when it has a character from the show on screen. The worst part though is the loading screens and the frame rate. Seriously do TellTale only have like 10 employees or something? Why is every game they make so badly optimized on consoles?

Dat ending though. I'm hooked too.