Constantine: Faith Healings And Surprise Ghoul Attacks

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Constantine: Faith Healings And Surprise Ghoul Attacks

Though this week's installment isn't Constantine's finest, it manages enough surprises to keep things interesting.

Read Full Article

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Hmmm, I sense the unholy hand of nervous executive with their book of "show by numbers check list" after getting the lastest ratings.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
luvd1 said:
Hmmm, I sense the unholy hand of nervous executive with their book of "show by numbers check list" after getting the lastest ratings.
I have noticed that as the raiting go down the amount of smoking gos up.

OT:
While I don't think a truly great Constantine show can be done on a network like ABC, I have enjoy alot about this show. However I do think that it has suffered from the monster of the week story telling. Would be better if there was a focus on a single bad guy/ group of bad guys instead of vague refferences to the 'rising darkness' but nothing being done to find out who is behind it.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Fanghawk said:
Constantine: Faith Healings And Surprise Ghoul AttacksConstantine and Zed's character arcs fall into the typical "cynical skeptic vs optimistic believer" debates we've seen countless times
Except this isn't quite right. It's much closer to Cynical Believer and Optimistic Skeptic. I know that is a small difference but i think it's an important one to the show.

Overall, still enjoying the hell out of this series. Mayhap helps i never read a whole lot of the comics? I dunno. I like it

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I liked the twist on the ol' "faith-healer-with-a-dark-secret" bit shows like this did before (and yes, I know Supernatural did it already, shut it!), and it helps Constantine stand out from its brethren. That bit about heaven reminded me of Supernatural's version: as Dean said, "This isn't freedom, it's The Matrix!"