Get Back In The Game With A Free Copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Get Back In The Game With A Free Copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

We're giving away a free copy of the latest in the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. So don't miss out on an opportunity to pwn noobs for free.

Have you ever wanted to shoot virtual guns in the future? Well, we know that feeling and want to satiate that need for you. To keep your hunger at bay we're giving away a two free copies of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, on whichever console you desire. This latest installment in the Call of Duty franchise will have you shooting through the future, with some help from a very fancy Exosuit that let's you leap tall buildings in a single bound. Also it is the future, which is connoted by the Advanced in the title.

The contest isn't going to last forever, that would be a horrible contest, so you've got until 11:59pm EST on January 11th, 2015. That's just a little over a month, so don't dilly-dally and miss out on a great opportunity to show just how many 720 no scopes you can get away with against your friends from around the world.

Click here to get into the running for one of two free copies of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6728395941886273/7219550114676762].

[gallery=3612]

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.

Would it really hurt to mention that before I waste my time clicking on the link?

NiPah

May 8, 2009
If it's a contest on the escapist, it's probably done through lockerdome which from what I've heard requires you to pretty much hand over control of your facebook account to them so they can collect data and send out adverts from your username.
You're not missing much, just ignore these cash grabs and buy the game the old fashioned way.

Novaova

Feb 2, 2010
Authorize LockerDome to use your account?
Username or email
Password

This application will be able to:

Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.
Oh hell no.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
So basically:

"Hand over control of your Facebook and Twitter accounts to a site that will use them to data mine you and spam your friends with adverts, just so you can be deluded into thinking you'll win a copy of Call of Duty: The Next One."

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
Vigormortis said:
So basically:

"Hand over control of your Facebook and Twitter accounts to a site that will use them to data mine you and spam your friends with adverts, just so you can be deluded into thinking you'll win a copy of Call of Duty: The Next One."

while its retarded that they are using that as a way to data mine its not exsactly hard to make a fake account

granted you shouldn't have to do it but its not as if it wouldn't get them some results

capatha: dead ringer

:O so it was spy all along!

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Riotguards said:
while its retarded that they are using that as a way to data mine its not exsactly hard to make a fake account

granted you shouldn't have to do it but its not as if it wouldn't get them some results

capatha: dead ringer

:O so it was spy all along!
Well, of course. But that's a lot to go through just for the off chance that they may deliver on the contest prize. And this is even assuming you get picked.

And even then there comes the time when they decide to ship the prize to you, requiring your home address....

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
erbkaiser said:
This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.

Would it really hurt to mention that before I waste my time clicking on the link?
Yeah, I'd never have bothered checking the rules for this if I hadn't gotten burnt on it once already. Hiding vital information about the contest with the legalese stuff people generally don't read isn't the best way of going about it.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I have no shame in admitting that Call of Duty is fun enough of a game, but Lockerdome?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
That's a dirty move escapist, if your going to post competitions but upfront and clear as to whom is eligible. Also data mining can piss off.