The League of Assassins Demands Sara's Killer On Arrow

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
The League of Assassins Demands Sara's Killer On Arrow

The fall finale of Arrow brings Ra's al Ghul to Starling City and delivers big revelations about Sara's murder.

Read Full Article

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I was happy to find out that I guessed who killed her right.

Man watching Ollie get so horribly beaten was insane and I can't wait to see how he servives in that harsh climate.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
So the next 3 episodes are implied to be without Oliver and give Laurel and Ray time to play vigilante in his absence.

And I have to admit watching Oliver get run through made me flinch as did that first arm cut, since when was Arrow so GoT violent before this?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Ok, I'm gonna be the huge stick in the mud here, but would y'all mind not making such giant spoilers be the name of the article?

I've only finished season 2, and I hopped on the Escapist and see 'The League of Assassins Demands Sara's Killer On Arrow' staring straight at me.

So Sara gets killed. Well, there goes that surprise.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
That was quite possibly the most tense episodes the show has ever had. I liked how they tried to make it seem like Ollie would actually stand a chance by having Felicity be so sure of him, and having Malcolm seemingly believe that he could do it. That makes it seem like even Malcolm doesn't know just how dangerous Ra's is.

The fight seen was stunning. Also, I didn't notice but was this episode rated higher than the usual PG? It seems like it was violent and graphic enough to be. Maybe I'm just traumatized...

Firanai

Jun 7, 2010
I was literally wtf?! I honestly though that oliver would come with one last plan to avoid the duel or that someone would intervene. I was not expecting to see him so badly beaten and thrown out of the cliff. It was one of the best if no the best episode so far.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
I found it all pretty predictable honestly. Only part that was a surprise was when Merlyn admitted he drugged her to get her to do it. Scary thing is, there actually is a drug in real life that removes free will and causes memory loss:

Was hilarious watching so many silly people freaking out on twitter over the ending though. As if it was some huge mystery. 'How is he going to make it back? I can't wait this long to find out' lol

Either Merlyn or Maseo will appear and take Ollie to a Lazarus pit. My money is actually on Merlyn since we know he's already been revived when Ollie killed him at the end of season one. So will probably be him waiting there, revealing what happened and saving ollie because he actually does care about his daughter and doesn't want her to be sad without her brother. Or some such crap.

actar411

Apr 14, 2010
Damn, Nothing like watching a show on netflix, slightly behind and seeing major plot spoilers splash across what is quickly becoming my least favourite website.

iTomes

Mar 8, 2011
P-89 Scorpion said:
So the next 3 episodes are implied to be without Oliver and give Laurel and Ray time to play vigilante in his absence.

And I have to admit watching Oliver get run through made me flinch as did that first arm cut, since when was Arrow so GoT violent before this?
Season 2 Episode 20.

crotchdot

Jun 11, 2010
Ihateregistering1 said:
Ok, I'm gonna be the huge stick in the mud here, but would y'all mind not making such giant spoilers be the name of the article?
Please, be that stick.

I'm in a country where they've only just finished showing season 2 and now I have a major plot point of season 3 ruined for me just by browsing article titles on the front page.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
ron1n said:
I found it all pretty predictable honestly. Only part that was a surprise was when Merlyn admitted he drugged her to get her to do it. Scary thing is, there actually is a drug in real life that removes free will and causes memory loss:

Was hilarious watching so many silly people freaking out on twitter over the ending though. As if it was some huge mystery. 'How is he going to make it back? I can't wait this long to find out' lol

Either Merlyn or Maseo will appear and take Ollie to a Lazarus pit. My money is actually on Merlyn since we know he's already been revived when Ollie killed him at the end of season one. So will probably be him waiting there, revealing what happened and saving ollie because he actually does care about his daughter and doesn't want her to be sad without her brother. Or some such crap.
I gonna say it's...
It's Maseo, he already knows that Oliver didn't kill Sarah and probably have a good reason to handing over himself as a the killer, plus they probably gonna do a "Die as Maseo" thing with "You can't live by two names" since I don't think Ra's will be happy to know he was betrayed.
Merlyn knew that Oliver would die and I don't think he would take the chance of Oliver winning and actually have a pretty pissed off vigilant that just killed one the better fighters in the world after him. Plus even if he did plan on ressurecting Oliver he would still have to get past Ra's, which may not be hunting him anymore but won't take kindly to him show up at his door step and using the Lazarus Pit.
Or maybe Oliver didn't die at all, got mortaly wounded, but not dead. Since "No Body=No Death"

Simskiller

Oct 13, 2010
crotchdot said:
Ihateregistering1 said:
Please, be that stick.

I'm in a country where they've only just finished showing season 2 and now I have a major plot point of season 3 ruined for me just by browsing article titles on the front page.
It's not even just the escapist, it was spoiled sara died in THE FLASH, a completely different show (although still in the same universe), I was like "GEE THANKS" as I'm mid way through season 2 of arrow right now.

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
A Lazarus pit seems too obvious a solution, and I would think the presence of magical resurrection in the Flash/Arrow universe would cheapen the stakes. We've been teased with the possibility of the Pits, but I think that's a deliberate mislead. I mean, if Malcolm and Ra's have access to Pits, Nyssa would surely be aware of their existence, but then one would expect Sara to have been tossed into one by now. I mean, when Sara initially died, I thought she's come back right away, but the League's reaction to her death seems to indicate that there's no cure for dead in this universe.

That said, it'd be nearly impossible for Oliver to survive what he just went through. He's basically dead in three different ways right now: A crushed windpipe, a fatal stab through the chest, and the fall. So... though I don't think Lazarus Pits will be used, I don't have any better ideas.

Also, while having both Flash and Arrow face their greatest enemies this week somewhat explains it, I was a bit bothered that neither team contacted the other for help. Even if neither hero was able to help the other, I would think the request would at least be made. Oliver has proven capable of handling Barry in a fight, which would make him a valuable asset against Reverse Flash, and Barry can potentially trivialize a fight against a "mortal", which would make him helpful against Ra's.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Did someone say my name? ,)

I think it was one of the best episodes so far actually.
I wonder where they are going with the ATOM suit.
Will he be a side-show show hero in Arrow or are they planning on making him a new show?
I would love for him to have his own show.

DC has finally come into it's stride. Let's just hope they don't make some crazy new movie that puts a dent on it all. ^^

Oh, yeah. Spoilers in the title might be a bit too much.
In the article itself should be no problem since it's "read on your own peril", but the title is just...there.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yeah, wow... On the one hand I was very dissapointed at the end.
Because "his current nemesis kicking the heroes ass extremely thoroughly and easily" is 100% exactly like the same fall-cliffhanger for The Flash did... I know these are the same people making the shows, and I was not expecting they'd use the exact same trick twice!

On the other; WHOA!!!! Ran through near the heart, half naked in the freezing cold AND kicked off a ledge at least 3 stories high!
I know there will be some bullshit massive snowpile to "cushion" the fall, but still.
And it's probably "somehow missed all major arteries!!!!".
And snow is (really) "an extremely excellent thermal insulator!!!".

So he could do it without a Lazarus pit. But that'd feel like cheap BS to me.
I want the Lazarus pit to fix him!

Maybe he gets amnesia from the fall or the pit, and he gets to be a kick-ass League member for awhile!
Maybe Laurel "Black Canary" can eventually fight him, and when he tries to finish her off he "snaps out of it".
Olie gets a year of League training, and we get to skip ahead to Laurel being the BC.
I don't expect the next triology of episodes focusing on her WON'T skip time a lot eventually.

I just hope we can AVOID a lot of annoying "mysterious" flashbacks or short shots where we can see Oliver being chained up somewhere, waiting to be rescued or healing...

Roy would have to step up big time, Thea gets time to become more evil, Felicity gets nice and kuddly with ATOM, ATOM has time to build his suit and start using it and Sterling City can slide back to massive crime again when it's Green Arrow is missing for a year or so!

Now that I think of it, it'd be a damn shame if they did not make a time jump!!!
Then we can see/explore more action, but also a lot more character developement that has happened!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yojoo said:
one would expect Sara to have been tossed into one by now. I mean, when Sara initially died.
Well, I am pretty sure Nyssa only found out Sara died after Team Arrow had already stuck her body in a deep freezer for two weeks and she had been burried in the ground for some time after that.

I am certainly no expert, but I THINK the body must be fresh for a pit to work?

On speculating who will use a pit on Olie...
I think it'll be Merlyn. Then Olie can:
A) Owe Merlyn one (ish)
B) Awaken with no memories/become a temporary pawn for Merlyn with use of the will weakening drug
C) Olie will let Merlyn live (again) for Thea's sake anyway.

I would love for it to be Ra's though! Turning Oliver into a league member for awhile as payment for his resurrection (with or without aforementioned memory loss)... Ra's was really impressed with his combat skills, and Arrow has loads more skills. AND, he technically killed him. So the duel is finished and justice for Sara has been served as far as the League is concerned.