Vote in Round 3 of Reader's Choice Game of the Year!

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Vote in Round 3 of Reader's Choice Game of the Year!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/20]

Nintendo and Telltale are both out of the running, as Round Two voting results have been tallied, and both companies' entries have been voted out.

Nintendo had an incredibly strong showing in Round One of our Reader's Choice Game of the Year competition, with contenders in three of the four matches for Round Two. Telltale was going strong as well with A Wolf Among Us, but Round Two voting was totally unforgiving, and both companies have lost their places in the competition.

We've got some exciting matches for Round Three, however, as the final four games square off to see which titles make it to the final round.

Dark Souls II vs Dragon Age: Inquisition

Brutal gameplay or moral dilemmas? Action or story? With Dark Souls II facing down Bioware's latest narrative juggernaut, Dragon Age: Inquisition, you can make your voice heard. Do you want 100 hours of voice over dialogue, or would you rather die 100 times in a single session?

Despite the vast differences, these two titles do have one thing in common: They're both incredible games worthy of recognition.

Check out the showdown in the forum right here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/661.867172-Round-3-4-Dark-Souls-II-vs-1-Dragon-Age-Inquisition]

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor vs South Park: The Stick of Truth

Again, we have two largely-incomparable games, which you, dear readers, must now compare. Was the novelty of Mordor's Nemesis System adequately novel? Did the true-to-the-show story and characters of Stick of Truth really blow you away?

Where Tolkien is the wizened godfather of nerd, South Park is its super-hip uncle that sneaks it a beer at family gatherings.

Argue for your pick over in the forums! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/661.867173-Round-3-1-Middle-earth-Shadow-of-Mordor-vs-3-South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth]

Well, what are you waiting for? Go, vote! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/20].

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Actually for me its pretty straight forward dark souls two has had 80+ hours off me this year, dragon age i just started and has had 9 hours, south park i played and enjoyed quite a lot, i haven't played shadow of mordor. So my votes South parK/ Dark souls 2.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
My votes go to Dark Souls II and Shadow of Mordor. Though Dragon Age is the likely winner anyway.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Wow, so it pretty much comes down to fantasy RPGs huh? That's an interesting turn of events.

My picks: Dark Souls II and Stick of Truth.

I liked Dragon Age so far but I haven't gotten far enough into it to make that choice over Dark Souls, and I found Stick of Truth overall more fun than Shadow of Mordor.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Based on the amount of hours logged in Steam, I should vote for Skyrim for game of the year 2014. And 2013. And 2012.

I need help.

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
Stick of Truth was pretty great but it honestly isn't up to the same caliber as everything else mentioned.

I'm pretty bummed that it beat out Transistor, which was far better.

JackgarPrime

Jul 17, 2012
Bayonetta 2 lost to Dragon Age? Bleh! Biggest mis-step of this vote. And of the Game Awards, too.

Guess I'm putting my vote to Dark Souls 2. That was an extremely good game.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Stick of truth I enjoyed greatly, I've yet to play the others.
It gets my vote on that alone, though it could well be worst of all four.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
JackgarPrime said:
Bayonetta 2 lost to Dragon Age? Bleh! Biggest mis-step of this vote. And of the Game Awards, too.

Guess I'm putting my vote to Dark Souls 2. That was an extremely good game.
It is rather unfortunate. However, Bayonetta 2's understandable console exclusivity probably meant that less people played it. EA's DLC Quest: Fantasy Iteration also had a lot more marketing that improved its mass-market appeal.