Ant-Man Mini-Teaser Goes Human-Sized

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Ant-Man Mini-Teaser Goes Human-Sized

Still a small look, now with tall people

Marvel Studios trolled the internet yesterday by showcasing a brief glimpse of the ant-sized. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/columns/moviebob/11536-Wrights-Wrongs-Caught-in-the-Middle-of-Marvel-s-Ant-Man-Backlash] A good gag, to be sure, but fans can now stop squinting: The human-sized version has now been posted.

Though brief (to be clear: This is a commercial for a teaser-trailer), the footage features our first in-motion view of Paul Rudd as the titular hero (real name Scott Lang), Evangeline Lily as Hope Van Dyne and Corey Stoll as Darren Cross, aka "Yellowjacket," the villain of the piece. Glimpsed only from behind is Michael Douglas, who will portray Marvel's original Ant-Man Hank Pym in the feature. Judy Greer, Michael Pena, Bobby Cannavale and others also star, with John Slattery expected to reprise his role as the older Howard Stark in an unknown capacity.

Meanwhile, in other Marvel news, the second trailer for College Football Playoff National Championship. Source: Marvel [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ent7BoDR1yE] [B]Permalink[/B]

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
So we had a teaser trailer, for this teaser trailer, that teases a trailer, that teases a film.

This is certainly going to be the Marvel wildcard of this year, but that being said, GotG last year was a wildcard, and that film proved 2 things: Marvel can make and interesting film out of just about anything, and we will watch anything that Marvel makes. Hopefully they can make Ant-Man an interesting hero, and one that will actually prove to be useful in the inevitable Avengers 3 team up.

EDIT: Why does everybody think that Ant-Man is going to be this gigantic critical failure? Sure, Ant-Man as a character isn't well known, but neither were the Guardians of the Galaxy, and that is considered to be one of Marvel's best movies to date.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well compared to my last comment from the ant size teaser trailer http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.868105-Marvel-Releases-Ant-Sized-Ant-Man-Teaser I got it half right when I mention the first part of the trailer (no way I could had seen that building by the water and it look like he was opening a suitcase).

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
I have a feeling that Marvel is finally going to flop a movie here. I don't want them to, but I just don't see this going well. At best, it'll be a less-good GotG. I love Marvel, specifically MCU, and I love Paul Rudd, so I hope I'm wrong. Flip side, consider the possibility that Marvel KNEW that their luck had to eventually run out, so they're releasing What they know to be a sacrificial lamb or lightning rod. Probably but it's a poSsibility.

You gotta figure though, they gotta know they'll eventually push out a turd, wouldn't it be better if it was a controlled burn, so you could minimize the damage to the brand as a whole.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Did I miss something? Or is the "ant" part of the name "Ant-Man" supposed to be symbolic?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Did I miss something? Or is the "ant" part of the name "Ant-Man" supposed to be symbolic?
Apparently, the suit can make him shrink in size. Hence the name.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Bindal said:
Queen Michael said:
So why don't they show that in the trailer? In the comics he's tiny lots of the time. Why make an Ant-Man trailer and not show him anting? It's like an X-Men trailer with no mutants.

Paul10238

Feb 24, 2012
This isn't the teaser/trailer. It's just the ad for the teaser/trailer. Why would they show that stuff here? They want people to tune in on Jan. 6th to see it.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Queen Michael said:
Bindal said:
Queen Michael said:
So why don't they show that in the trailer? In the comics he's tiny lots of the time. Why make an Ant-Man trailer and not show him anting? It's like an X-Men trailer with no mutants.
Well, three possible reasons here:

1.) They aren't too sure how to sell the whole 'shrinking' thing yet and might not show too much of it in the trailer.

2.) This is a teaser trailer and they want to make everyone go "oh a Marvel movie with a science guy in a suit...wait" before suddenly showing off shrinking stuff and having people go "HOLY SHIT."

3.) They tease. We know there's candy but they aren't giving us any

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Okay, soooo I'm not too sure about this. Cause Janet might apparently be killed off and oh boy would people be pissed. Me being one of them. Cause fuck that noise.

Secondly...uh, Ant-man. I like Ant-man. And a movie with a talking tree and a raccoon worked. But this one? Eeeeeeeeh

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Should be good IF they really take advantage of his shrinking ability in the action scenes. I hoping we will see some original stuff.

Raidenko

Aug 25, 2010
See for this I am REALLY skeptic if it's gonna be a proper box office draw. A lone hero movie, needs to have a strong presence of an established main actor(proper example RDJ in Iron Man). And I don't think Paul Rudd is there yet, but good luck to him anyway.

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
Raidenko said:
See for this I am REALLY skeptic if it's gonna be a proper box office draw. A lone hero movie, needs to have a strong presence of an established main actor(proper example RDJ in Iron Man). And I don't think Paul Rudd is there yet, but good luck to him anyway.
Do you really think Marvel need a big box office draw at this point? They just made a movie with a talking tree and racoon and it was the highest grossing film of the year.

Paul Rudd is well-known popular actor, Michael Douglas is also well known. Even without that, Marvel is so well liked they could cast unknowns and still be one of the highest grossing films

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Nothing to see here folks so move along. Just file right until something interesting comes out regarding this movie. Till then.::snoress::

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
*Sigh* Ant Man... something that shouldn't still exist. I guess he'll make a decent red shirt hero in the films though.

But really, who knows? Maybe they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with a terrible hero made cool? They know what they're doing and I hope this movie sees that trust through.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
Still no going to watch Agent Carter. There is not reason to. She survives, HYDRA wins and takes over SHIELD, no world shattering plots can go anywhere, since the world did not shatter. This is even more pointless than Agents of SHIELD. Standalone it might be interesting, but any relation to the MCU makes this superfluous. At least they haven't released the trailer yet, like they did with Agents of SHIELD. That was some great promo stuff.

Feb 28, 2008
Rawbeard said:
Still no going to watch Agent Carter. There is not reason to. She survives, HYDRA wins and takes over SHIELD, no world shattering plots can go anywhere, since the world did not shatter.
I take it you're not a fan of history then? Since you've essentially described all of history. "We know what happens, the world didn't end etc." I mean there are other reasons not to watch it I'm sure, but hopefully they're better than this.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Lightknight said:
*Sigh* Ant Man... something that shouldn't still exist. I guess he'll make a decent red shirt hero in the films though.

But really, who knows? Maybe they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with a terrible hero made cool? They know what they're doing and I hope this movie sees that trust through.
Ant-Man is pretty awesome in the comics. Both Hank Pym and Scott Lang are really good characters.