Ultra Street Fighter IV is Coming to PS4 With All Its DLC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ultra Street Fighter IV is Coming to PS4 With All Its DLC

Ultra Street Fighter IV's PS4 edition will include all of the game's DLC in one convenient package.

While Ultra Street Fighter IV [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138905-Capcom-Street-Fighter-V-Exclusive-to-PS4-PC], which was previously exclusive to last-generation consoles and PC, will be making its way to PS4 in Spring, 2015.

What's more, the PS4 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will included all of the game's previously released DLC, including costume packs such as the recently released Omega Mode [http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/14/all-ultra-street-fighter-4-summer-vacation-costume-colors-shown-massive-image-gallery-includes-entire-roster/] (it's worth noting that Omega Mode was actually a free update, rather than paid DLC, for prior owners of the game).

This will be the first Street Fighter title to hit next-gen consoles. As for Xbox One owners hoping to get in on this? Don't hold your breath. It was previously announced that Street Fighter V would be exclusive to PS4 and PC, so while Street Fighter IV was previously released on Xbox 360, it seems unlikely that it will get a re-release on Xbox One.

Sony didn't give any indication that the PS4 version would have any additional features, or a graphical overhaul like The Last of Us: Remastered [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12007-The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-Review-A-Very-Pretty-Apocalypse], so at this point it just looks like it will be a straight-up port.

Additionally, Sony and Capcom stated that Resident Evil Revelations 2, another Capcom title that was previously released on last-gen consoles, would be making its way to the PS Vita around the same time the PS4 version of SFIV comes out.

Source: Sony [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/08/bringing-ultra-street-fighter-iv-and-re-revelations-2-to-playstation/]

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
because they haven't milked Street Fighter 4 enough with all it's different versions and DLC in the past. I'll just wait for Maximum Street Fighter 5 Super Hyper Ultra Quintessential Omega Banana to come out on the PS5.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
so?

Isn't it just the hard core competitive community that really gives a shit about Street Fighter anymore? Of all my friends, and the you tube channels I fallow, NO ONE is taking about it.

It's mostly stuff about Smash or BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
I think Sony made a smart decision by funding/grabbing Street Fighter 4/5. The fighting game community might not be enormous but that's a pretty dedicated audience Sony just nabbed for the foreseeable future.

If it's 30$ or less I'll probably pick it up. SF4 is fun to play online when I can convince myself to not take it seriously.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Lunar Templar said:
Isn't it just the hard core competitive community that really gives a shit about Street Fighter anymore? Of all my friends, and the you tube channels I fallow, NO ONE is taking about it.
Your friends and the channels you CHOOSE to follow don't exactly give the best reflection of how popular something is.

I'm not subscribed to any League Of Legends channels and none of my friends play that game, but doesn't change the fact it's one of the most successful games in the world right now.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Aaron Sylvester said:
Lunar Templar said:
Your friends and the channels you CHOOSE to follow don't exactly give the best reflection of how popular something is.

I'm not subscribed to any League Of Legends channels and none of my friends play that game, but doesn't change the fact it's one of the most successful games in the world right now.
The MAJOR difference is I still hear about LoL and Smite doing things. Hell, I have one channel I've been following for years that has HUGE Street Fighter fans on its staff. Not a fucking PEEP out of them about it.

Mean while, last thing I heard from the Street Fighter camp is Capcom's copyright claims against YouTube channels for talking about Street Fight V.

Hence my questioning weather or not it 'matters' out side the competitive scene.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Lunar Templar said:
Hence my questioning weather or not it 'matters' out side the competitive scene.
An extremely vague question at best...the people who play SF4 care. Tournament players make up only a tiny fraction of the total playerbase (as with any game). If you think they make up "the majority" then you obviously haven't seen all the casual online players, or considered people who just play local/versus with friends.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
So, PS4 will get Ultra Street Fighter IV with all its DLCs? Ahem, allow me to make a rant here. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN RELEASED ON ALL PLATFORMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I mean, fuck you Capcom, fuck you right in the eyesocket and straight to hell. You tell everyone that Ultra Street Fighter is the ultimate version of SFIV... and then you release bloody DLC for it? Are you high? Do you not learn at_all? Your reputation for disc-locked content is legendary, EVERYBODY AND THEIR FUCKING DOG HATES WHEN YOU DO THAT... AND YOU KEEP DOING THAT? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
Oh, what, it's on PS4 now? Well, good for PS4 owners, I guess.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
RealRT said:
So, PS4 will get Ultra Street Fighter IV with all its DLCs? Ahem, allow me to make a rant here. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN RELEASED ON ALL PLATFORMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I mean, fuck you Capcom, fuck you right in the eyesocket and straight to hell. You tell everyone that Ultra Street Fighter is the ultimate version of SFIV... and then you release bloody DLC for it? Are you high? Do you not learn at_all? Your reputation for disc-locked content is legendary, EVERYBODY AND THEIR FUCKING DOG HATES WHEN YOU DO THAT... AND YOU KEEP DOING THAT? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
Don't worry. Notice they said "all PREVIOUSLY RELEASED DLC". That doesn't mean there can't or won't be FUTURE DLC still...

Also, I feel this way about Dead or Alive 5. Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate comes out. Then Dead or Alive 5: Final Round. And, guess what? Final Round is still missing over 200 costumes and nearly $250 worth of DLC content. That's awful.

Say what you will about, say, Netherrealm Studios; when they do a "Complete" collection, it's actually complete.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Trishbot said:
RealRT said:
Don't worry. Notice they said "all PREVIOUSLY RELEASED DLC". That doesn't mean there can't or won't be FUTURE DLC still...

Also, I feel this way about Dead or Alive 5. Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate comes out. Then Dead or Alive 5: Final Round. And, guess what? Final Round is still missing over 200 costumes and nearly $250 worth of DLC content. That's awful.

Say what you will about, say, Netherrealm Studios; when they do a "Complete" collection, it's actually complete.
Knowing Capcom... yeah, that's a possibility.

Oh, Netherrealm Studios, I have a few words about THEM, making two FUCKING AWESOME GAMES and then making "Ultimate" editions that are actually complete. Those fiends.