Evolve Unleashes Behemoth, Reveals Season Pass

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Evolve Unleashes Behemoth, Reveals Season Pass

Ashton said that of all the monsters in play so far, he prefers The Wraith. "I love her cold, calculated approach," he said. "Lots of people still love Goliath most and certainly Kraken has a lot of fans as well. Behemoth is just starting to emerge as a new favorite, largely because of how visually impressive his size and abilities are. Fighting against him really is a new experience. It feels like you're fighting the final boss at the end of the game."

In addition to the Behemoth in the Monster Expansion pack, a Savage skin for the Goliath beast will also be included. The skin will be available at launch, with the Behemoth coming when it is ready.

Of course, if you want to get everything all at once, Turtle Rock and 2K have a Digital Deluxe Edition that includes the Hunter Season Pass and the game on PC or Xbox One, and eventually on PS4. Again, if you pre-order, the Monster Expansion Pack will be included in the $79.99 price.

Finally, if you can't get enough Evolve, some retailers will be selling a Monster Race Edition for PC. The $99.99 price gets you the game, the Hunter Season Pass, as well as additional content when it becomes available, including a fifth monster, two new hunters and four additional skins. A pre-order gets you the Monster pack as well.

[gallery=3708]

Evolve's recently unveiled [http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-xbox-one-open-beta-is-coming]), and another for PS4 players on Saturday. Players involved in the October alpha will get invites for the beta.

[video=9992 autoplay=0]

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Went from Valve's free updates to Season pass. Goodbye Turtle Rock I'm not buying Evolve for this alone.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Parshooter said:
Went from Valve's free updates to Season pass. Goodbye Turtle Rock I'm not buying Evolve for this alone.
its not really a season pass its more of a character pack but you cant call those that anymore because reasons....
all the maps are free and you can still play against your friends even if they bought the dlc and you didn't, as far as im concerned this is how you do it.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I can see why they left valve, they wanted to turn l4d into a pay to win game, valve said no and they left to make a pay to win game.

edit how did I mix up play and pay twice

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Parshooter said:
Theyve already gone on record saying that any new maps will be free.

Not certain if that also covers new game modes though.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
gigastar said:
Parshooter said:

From the story:

Ashton said Turtle Rock is not trying to push DLC on players, and that they want everyone to experience the content whether they pay money or not. "You will still be able to play against (The Behemoth) online or in single player once he comes out," he said. "Our goal was to release cool, new content and make sure that the community is never fragmented. For this reason, all DLC maps and modes will always be free."

Hope that helps

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
John Keefer said:
gigastar said:
Parshooter said:

From the story:

Ashton said Turtle Rock is not trying to push DLC on players, and that they want everyone to experience the content whether they pay money or not. "You will still be able to play against (The Behemoth) online or in single player once he comes out," he said. "Our goal was to release cool, new content and make sure that the community is never fragmented. For this reason, all DLC maps and modes will always be free."

Hope that helps
Ah, more proof that i should actually read an article before commenting.

Thanks.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
I love all the talk about the different tactics and combos that can be employed, in a world where such things are quick to be nerfed when they find out that the real world doesn't play like their closed environment. I saw a video of the "Cabot" character using his "Dust Tagging" ability to "see" the monster from across the map. He then used his rail cannon, touted on the site as "Prey can't hide when you can fire through objects with your trusty Railgun," to shoot at the monster through the ground from his elevated position. Elsewhere on the map.

How long before that gets nerfed, perhaps rendering his defining characteristic null? The metagame in games like this changes too often for my taste. I'll keep following it to see how it all plays out - monster types, gameplay, skill and weapon balance etc, but with my limited amount of time to play cannot justify the cost of things like season passes, or such DLC heavy efforts

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Didn't they say they we're going to have five monsters and sixteen hunters on release? What happened to that? Either way my interest in this game has plummeted of late. Doubt I'll pick it up anytime soon.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Welcome to 2015 where paying 80 dollars does not even buy a whole game. Oh, this game is going to crash and burn HARD if they keep this up. that 80 dollars could buy a dozen of better games.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow, thats too much. i skip out on that game until its really cheap to get. paying already that much for all its content that should be already in the main game is in my view unacceptable.
will be busy anyway with other games and books.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
any game with a season pass is a no thank you for me. And after the Xbox One pre-order thing or cutting out the grind. Fuck you Turtle Rock. Well L4D2 was fun can always go play that.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, another promising premise reduced to a feature-poor overpriced DLC platform? That model is so old and worn out by this point that even the general gaming public isn't really stomaching it anymore. Look at Titanfall - the marketing and the hype could only get it so far, and Evolve doesn't even have that...

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Strazdas said:
Welcome to 2015 where paying 80 dollars does not even buy a whole game. Oh, this game is going to crash and burn HARD if they keep this up. that 80 dollars could buy a dozen of better games.
Doesn't even look like it has 40$ worth of content. The idea and graphics are pretty cool, but it seems like a repetitive game.
You could argue that games like Left 4 Dead are repetitive also.....JUST 65$ cheaper.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
In MY day games came out and were finished products, and the most we ever got afterward was a patch to fix some errant bugs. And THAT was only if it was on PC! This argument is as old and dried-out as the FPS gameplay this game is stuffed with. Would it be better if they retasked those DLC devs to QA patching instead? Yes, it would be, even if it meant getting a day one patch. I understand they need to keep the team on payroll, but I'd much rather see them making sure the game is running completely as intended BEFORE they start trying to come up with shiny bits to stick on it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
silasbufu said:
Strazdas said:
Doesn't even look like it has 40$ worth of content. The idea and graphics are pretty cool, but it seems like a repetitive game.
You could argue that games like Left 4 Dead are repetitive also.....JUST 65$ cheaper.
I saw videos of it but havent played myself. it looked like very poorly balanced game that is also going to be niche thing.

Then again i may be wrong because i though the same thing about co-ops in singleplayer game (keyword - single, not two, one) yet that got so popular everyone wants to cram it in now.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
They are charging way too much for this game. I like the idea and am interested but there is no way I could justify paying that much for a single game, im waiting until it's been out for a while so the price goes down and they release a complete edition that actually has all of the content.