Telltale's Game of Thrones Gets Episode 2 Trailer, Release Dates

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Telltale's Game of Thrones Gets Episode 2 Trailer, Release Dates

Telltale Games latest Game of Thrones chapter, "The Lost Lords", now has a trailer and release dates for all platforms.

It's been almost two months <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12693-Telltale-s-Game-of-Thrones-Ep-1-Iron-from-Ice>since we last saw Telltale Games' Game of Thrones, and I suspect those of us who played "Iron From Ice" want to see what happens next. Thankfully we don't have long to wait - Telltale has finally provided release dates for every platform, all falling within the next two weeks. Even better, there's a new trailer highlighting the events of Episode 1 while offering a few glimpses into what we'll see next.

Content from <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/game%20of%20thrones?os=game+of+thrones>Game of Thrones Episode 2, "The Lost Lords", is only featured at the end of the trailer, but what's there is promising. (That said, you may want to avoid watching it if minor Episode 1 spoilers would bother you.) We'll finally arrive at the Wall, where Jon Snow's Kit Harington advises his recruit on what to expect. Mira Forrester attempts to forge a new deal with Tyrion, who reminds her there will be consequences for her actions. Meanwhile, the newly introduced Asher Forrester makes plans to return to Westeros before being threatened by unknown assailants.

It's a solid enough teaser, providing just enough to get excited about what's coming without spoiling the surely-inevitable heartbreak. Now we just have to wait for the actual release dates before we can experience it for ourselves.

Feb 3rd - PS3, PS4, PC/Mac
Feb 4th - Xbox 360, Xbox One
Feb 5th - Android, iOS

Source: <a href=http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/90266/game-of-thrones-a-telltale-games-series-ep-2-is-coming>Telltale Games

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Nice. Seeing as how there has been an absence of Tales of The Borderlands news I wonder if that means they are concentrating more on Game of Thrones.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I was hoping for a Tales From the Borderlands episode first, but I won't complain too much. More TellTale is always nice.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Since I'm in the middle of hunting yaks in Far Cry 4, all I can say is: can't wait!

deathmothon

Nov 30, 2013
I wish they'd finish one of their titles first. I tried 1 episode at a time for TWD:S2, but really couldn't stand it. I need to binge play whole seasons at once.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Hopefully the graphics and QTE's are more polished this time around. I was watching Vinesauce playing this the other day and the visuals were...lacking. Granted it was more than made up by the story gripping me be the jaw and kept me pulled in.

Nov 28, 2007
Dragonbums said:
Hopefully the graphics and QTE's are more polished this time around. I was watching Vinesauce playing this the other day and the visuals were...lacking. Granted it was more than made up by the story gripping me be the jaw and kept me pulled in.
I doubt the graphics will be that much improved. The thing is, this is the first realistic game, graphics-wise, that Telltale has attempted, IIRC. Their other games were stylized in one way or another, although I may be mistaken about their BTTF game. I think their issue with graphics is a lack of experience in trying to make a somewhat realistic graphics engine.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
thebobmaster said:
Dragonbums said:
I doubt the graphics will be that much improved. The thing is, this is the first realistic game, graphics-wise, that Telltale has attempted, IIRC. Their other games were stylized in one way or another, although I may be mistaken about their BTTF game. I think their issue with graphics is a lack of experience in trying to make a somewhat realistic graphics engine.
Is it?

I personally just excused it as simply the world of licensed game process. Where they are more concerned in getting it out on time than letting the devs polish it. But if that's the case then I'll be a bit more lenient on criticizing the visuals of the game.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Dragonbums said:
I personally just excused it as simply the world of licensed game process. Where they are more concerned in getting it out on time than letting the devs polish it. But if that's the case then I'll be a bit more lenient on criticizing the visuals of the game.
The graphics matter for about the first 2-3 minutes of the game, at most (for what it's worth, I agree, they could be better). After that, you don't give a crap, seeing as the story pulls you in like crazy. I play these Telltale games with a friend and we usually made snap decisions on the spot in TWD, maybe took about 10-20 seconds to agree on a few harder ones. Several decisions in the Iron from Ice... we literally sat there for 10 minutes, discussing the pros and cons. It's not that we had different opinions, we BOTH had 50/50 divided opinions and despite telling ourselves "we're probably gonna get fucked either way", we cared a lot for them.

The ending left us feeling about as awful as the Red Wedding. I didn't think that was a repeatable experience :p

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Vrach said:
Dragonbums said:
The graphics matter for about the first 2-3 minutes of the game, at most (for what it's worth, I agree, they could be better). After that, you don't give a crap, seeing as the story pulls you in like crazy. I play these Telltale games with a friend and we usually made snap decisions on the spot in TWD, maybe took about 10-20 seconds to agree on a few harder ones. Several decisions in the Iron from Ice... we literally sat there for 10 minutes, discussing the pros and cons. It's not that we had different opinions, we BOTH had 50/50 divided opinions and despite telling ourselves "we're probably gonna get fucked either way", we cared a lot for them.

The ending left us feeling about as awful as the Red Wedding. I didn't think that was a repeatable experience :p
I'm glad that it got enough of a good reception to warrant another game.

I'm gonna find another LP that played the game through since Vinesauce did one LP and stopped. I want to know where the story left off, but I also feel that certain choices you made will result in different scenarios? I'll just have to wait and see.