New Star Wars Toy Lets You Use The Force For Real

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Star Wars Toy Lets You Use The Force For Real

A new Star War toy lets people use the Force to levitate a training remote.

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda said it nearly thirty years ago, but the wise words of the Jedi master still ring true, even today; especially now as a Jedi training device - cleverly disguised as a toy to shield it from the eyes of the Empire - is finally available to buy.

The trainer comes with a special headset that can detect brain waves and then relay the information back to the base unit. When you concentrate, a chip in the device registers it and activates a tiny air jet under the training remote. With fifteen levels of skill it won't be long before you're lifting X-Wings out of swamps.

The Force Trainer costs $119.99 and can be purchased here [http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/7-13-years/bf1b/?cpg=cj]. Who knows, you might discover that you're actually telepathic after all.

Source: Craziest Gadgets [http://craziestgadgets.com/2009/08/22/star-wars-force-trainer-lets-you-control-things-with-your-mind-really/]

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I've heard about that before, sounds awesome. If I ever have money I'm not spending on anything else, I might get it.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Whoever buys this needs there head examined. Also, "Brought to you by the Milking the last drips of almost-cheese milk from the Starwars cash-cow".

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
crazyhaircut94 said:
I've heard about that before, sounds awesome. If I ever have money I'm not spending on anything else, I might get it.
Doug said:
Whoever buys this needs there head examined. Also, "Brought to you by the Milking the last drips of almost-cheese milk from the Starwars cash-cow".
I had to laugh at the first two comments.

OT: I think the way it works is amazing, but I don't have the cash spare.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Greyfox105 said:
Well, that's certainly... interesting.
too bad it only goes up and down, otherwise it might have practical value.
It might have practical value?

You are aware the balls pushed up and down by a jet in the unit right, the headset doesn't ACTUALLY manifest your thoughts as telekinetic power.

Christ.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
This is just a step in the direction of having entire defense systems controlled by thought! :D

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Danzaivar said:
Greyfox105 said:

You are aware the balls pushed up and down by a jet in the unit right, the headset doesn't ACTUALLY manifest your thoughts as telekinetic power.

Christ.
I know that it's done by an airjet... I'm not a complete fool...
but if it could wove more than up and down, you could keep ramming the sides of the container... and if it were spherical it would roll (how you'd see inside is another matter)
and you could roll it at something. like a wall.
or have a game of football where the ball is expensive and high tech.
and doesn't like to be kicked.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
No. Just no. Can we please just Star wars die a dignified death, or make a new KOTOR/ Battlefield 2.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Danzaivar said:
Greyfox105 said:

Christ.
I sense much anger in you.
Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
LOL-I would never buy it but I know someone who would, that poor lonely b*st*rd. I will have to show him this later.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
How...odd.

Interesting, but odd.

If I ever have some cash spare, I'll make sure to give it a miss, and spend my 120 bucks on something with slightly more lasting appeal.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
holy crap, those horriblly inaccurate predictions from the 80's were true 0_o

I have to admit though, thats pretty damn sweet... and I don't stand a chance in hell o affording one :'(