8 Video Game Sequels We'd Like to See in 2015

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Video Game Sequels We'd Like to See in 2015

These eight games deserve to have new installments as soon as possible.

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Warcraft 4...I hadn't even considered it, but I imagine they're already working on it. Man, the days we passed playing Tower Defense maps...good times, backstabbing friends.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Everytime I see any mention of Warcraft IV, I get sad and start crying on the inside

I'm confident in saying that it was probably my first RTS game and goddamit, it was good

Some of the others I want but Warcraft is the only one I'd say that I NEED

Warcraft- Not even once

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Beyond Good &...Oh, it's already on there. ,)
Though I was a bit disappointed with the gameplay footage I saw.
I'm not a fan of 1-click parkour-a-wall or do-amazing-thing. That's not gameplay enough for me.
Seems to have more in common with QTE's than anything.

I see that you accidentally left out Freelancer 2 ^^. No worries though, I'll just mention it here.

<spoiler=A list of nice would-be sequels I long for>
Master Of Orion IV
Alpha Centauri II
Titan Quest 2
Escape Velocity Nova 2
Outcast 2
Conquest Frontier Wars 2
Dungeon Keeper 3
Anachronox 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Imperium Galactica 3
Impossible Creatures 2
Kotor 3

<spoiler=List of games with the ..ahem..wrong kind of sequel>
Fallout 3
Diablo III
Dungeon Siege III
Sword of the Stars 2

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Some weird picks (Dishonored 2) but the rest is all there with some of the big "Why the fuck arent they doing it?" kind of games (missing Psychonauts 2 though, but Brutal Legend is there so I guess it evens things out).

Vedrenne

Feb 8, 2010
I'm saddened that Legacy of Kain isn't mentioned on this list.

Also, i'm still waiting for a sequel to Birth of the Federation.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Vedrenne said:

Yes! These two. I can't believe I forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me.

I still play BotF from time to time, but it was a while ago for LoK.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Vedrenne said:

ARRRRRRRRRRGH. I cannot believe I forgot Legacy of Kain. I had such a hard time with this list. There are a ton of games I'd like to see sequels for, but LoK should have made the list.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Right there with you on Half-Life 3. But alas, I have grown so used to disappointment from Valve in that regard that I won't believe the game is coming out until I hold a copy in my hands. Valve has been quiet for too long for me to believe anything about Half-Life without solid proof.

I would like to see another numbered Suikoden game this year myself, but I doubt that will happen.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Disagree on Brutal Legend. While the story was great and Jack Black's voice acting was top tier, the actual gameplay was horrible. The mish-mash of RTS, action adventure, driving, open world, was a horrible idea, as no single aspect was done well. They should have just stuck with a 3rd person action adventure game.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
I doubt there will ever be a Warcraft 4. Blizzard has no reason to make it, and already has a large amount of new games going on.

These lists should just say 'video game sequels we'd like to see apart from HL3', it's so unoriginal having it on the list.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's wierd. I actually didn't even think of HL3 until seeing this. I think that means I'm finally over the idea of HL3 or ep:3 because I've accepted the idea I'm never going to see it.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
There is a disturbing lack of Psi-Ops on this list. Imagine if they didn't fuck up the physics engine and just improved on the first one.

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Jade Empire 2 needs to happen! Or at least a reboot or spiritual successor of some kind. That game would be so beautiful made in the Frostbite Engine.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This list is bringing tears of nostalgia and loss already. Well picked, wise sage! I know that Brutal Legend didnt click with many people, but i left it late to play due to assuming it would be some Jack Black/metal cash in. However, upon playing, it awoke that long dormant, metal loving beast within that i thought i had lost. The passion is there and that is what does it for me.

Why won't rockstar give us GTA london damnit?? I just want to terrorize my own country in HD for once! Is that really so bad?

And Man

May 12, 2014
This list has a severe lack of The World Ends With You. I'm still salty about that teaser site that just turned out to be for an iOS port

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
No, we need new IPs with new ideas and new mechanics, not more of the (sorta) same.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Warcraft 4 would be awesome. I really liked how Warcraft 3 set itself apart from Starcraft with the strong focus on hero units, so it'd be interesting to see a newer game that takes that idea and builds on it a little more. That said though, I don't know how they could tell a story in Warcraft 4, or how they would have it interact with WoW.