Marvel Boss Teases Avengers Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Marvel Boss Teases Avengers Movie

It may be years away, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige seems to have the Avengers movie all figured out.

The Avengers movie may not be scheduled to even begin filming for another couple of years, but Kevin Feige, President of Marvel's movie division Marvel Studios is clearly a man who likes to think ahead. In an interview with CBR [http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22635], Feige talked about the studio's plans for the 2012 movie.

We've already seen some cross-pollination between the movies, and that trend will continue, with Samuel L Jackson's Nicky Fury continuing to pop up all over the place. Fiege also said that Scarlett Johannsen has signed on to appear in the Avengers movie and that the appearance of the Hulk was also pretty likely, although was unsure whether or not Edward Norton would return to play the character.

With a Thor Movie in production and a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October, and with the appearance of Hawkeye in Iron Man 2, it sounds like the line-up for is pretty much sorted. If all the upcoming Marvel movies are even half as good as Iron Man was, the Avengers movie is going to be quite an event.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5342925/marvel-prez-leaks-avengers-movie-details]

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully they fully follow the Ultimates instead of just taking snippets from it this time.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Sweet, I have never really watched The Avengers but I love the superhero films so this should be good ^-^

Chiefmon

Dec 26, 2008
This might be good. As long as Thor keeps his pants on! (obscure Avengers comic reference. cookie for whoever gets it.)

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
They need to get Norton back. He was amazing as Bruce Banner.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
nilcypher said:
a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October
Oh dear. There's no way that this movie could possibly work as anything other than blatant pro-America propaganda. It was bad enough in Spider-Man 3 when he landed in front of an American flag before going to fight Sandman and Venom. It was very obvious that the point of that scene was "America rules!". Captain America will be an entire movie's worth of that. The only way it could work would be if they didn't even try to hide the pro-America propaganda, and just make it really obvious and over-the-top. Then it could actually be quite entertaining.
If all the upcoming Marvel movies are even half as good as Iron Man was, the Avengers movie is going to be quite an event.
Yes, but if they're even half as crap as Fantastic Four, then we're in for a rough ride for the next few movies.

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
Yes but Marvel didn't make FF4.

The movies Marvel have been involved with, Iron Man and Hulk were pretty good, FF4 was a different studio, dofus.
Anachronism said:
Yes, but if they're even half as crap as Fantastic Four, then we're in for a rough ride for the next few movies.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
UGH. Iron Man was a great movie, but why the hell do they have to do a giant clusterfuck and have a bunch of other guys in there? Why can't they just make the Iron Man trilogy and STOP THERE? And who THE FUCK is Hawkeye?! I hate Marvel because of this Avenger bullshit and the fact that they seem completely incapable of making a decent Punisher film.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Yay! I like this inter-movie threading that they do, though I do worry they may pull more from the Ultimates than from classic Avengers.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Ultimates. But speaking realistically, you can't put the depth, twists and length of the Ultimates Saga into a 2 hour movie without fucking it up. Nope, sorry. A straight up original Avengers story though, perfectly fine. Heroes being heroes. Fighting the good fight, perhaps a LITTLE moral quandry...but that's it. They need to make this movie (or series of movies) accessible to a large audience in order to make it profitable and make more of them. Perfect example is the person who asked who Hawkeye was. Hawkeye, to anybody who has read any Avengers, is famous. to those who don't...they have no clue.

Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
Dale Cooper said:
Yes but Marvel didn't make FF4.

The movies Marvel have been involved with, Iron Man and Hulk were pretty good, FF4 was a different studio, dofus.
Anachronism said:
yes, i know marvel didnt make final fantasy 4... ok... bad joke... and the picture of this article is from "civil war" and not from the avengers... im just saying.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
They sort of need to make about two other films before this: namely, a Captain America one and a Thor one.

It's cool news though, especially since we already know Nick Fury is gonna be kickass.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Anachronism said:
nilcypher said:
a Captain America movie scheduled to start shooting in October
Oh dear. There's no way that this movie could possibly work as anything other than blatant pro-America propaganda. It was bad enough in Spider-Man 3 when he landed in front of an American flag before going to fight Sandman and Venom. It was very obvious that the point of that scene was "America rules!". Captain America will be an entire movie's worth of that. The only way it could work would be if they didn't even try to hide the pro-America propaganda, and just make it really obvious and over-the-top. Then it could actually be quite entertaining.

Well, yeah. You can't have a Captain AMERICA movie without it pointing out the good things that he, and by extention America, stands for. I know it's all the rage to criticise America, I ***** about my government too, but the IDEALS the country was founded upon, the principles that kids pledge allegience to in school, THOSE are rather unbitchable. Remember, the Cap came from WWII, when America could do no wrong and you saw what evil REALLY was. If the movie could recapture that (I have NO idea what they are doing for the plot), then there really isn't a problem.

You make it sound like pride in one's country is a bad thing. Yeah, the scene in Spider-Man 3 was cheesy, no arguement. Same with the pro-NYC scene in the first movie....dumb as all hell. But there IS a difference between Patriotism and Nationalism, and Cap could just as easily be a movie about defending America's values against the predations of it's government. And that WOULD be patriotic.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
FinalHeart95 said:
Didn't they already tease at this with that thing after the credits of Iron Man?
and in the Hulk movie as well

Souplex said:
Hopefully they fully follow the Ultimates instead of just taking snippets from it this time.
i think they will take snippets from everywhere and go with what works, ie modernize the old story much like they did with Iron Man

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
Oh, and do NOT have Hank Pym anywhere near these movies. He sucks, no question about it.
There will be a Hank Pym movie.

I want to hate you for telling me this.

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
JaredXE said:
Reeper0278 said:
JaredXE said:
There will be a Hank Pym movie.

I want to hate you for telling me this.

Sooo, you think they're gonna get Lucy Liu or Brenda Song to play The Wasp? And do we get to see her get slapped about in the movie?
Promises to be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_(film)#Film
It redirects there.

Buahahahaha