Warner Bros. Teams up With GoG.com to Bring Select Titles to Its Storefront

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Warner Bros. Teams up With GoG.com to Bring Select Titles to Its Storefront

Bastion, Lego Batman, and Mortal Kombat 1-3 are some of the titles Warner Bros. are launching on GoG.com.

join its ranks [http://www.gog.com/]. Now, Warner Bros. Interactive is following suit, and a select collection of classic WB games will soon be available on gog.com.

Six games will launch this week, and of those six, five of them will have a pretty hefty week-long discount. They are as follows (with their respective discounts shown in brackets):

Mortal Kombat 1-3 Bundle (no discount)
LEGO Batman (-50%)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (-60%)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (-60%)
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon - The Complete Trilogy (-50%)
Bastion (-60%)

"We are very happy to see another of the gaming's juggernauts venture into the DRM-free waters with us." says Oleg Klapovsky, GOG.com's VP of Business Development and Operations. "Together with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, we are planning on more exciting releases, so stay tuned!"

These six titles mark the start of hopefully many more from Warner Bros. backlog making their way onto the service. While some of them aren't exactly "classic" (IE: Bastion), it's still nice to see the service grow.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
In shock news GOG publishes 5 year old titles without DRM. The number of non CD Projekt new AAA titles on GoG still remains zero.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
albino boo said:
In shock news GOG publishes 5 year old titles without DRM. The number of non CD Projekt new AAA titles on GoG still remains zero.
Good OLD Games. OLD. As in not NEW.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
albino boo said:
Well...You know...Excluding the Witcher games. Still, I don't think a publisher would allow it anyway.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
albino boo said:
There is a reason why they can't get new AAA games and I think you know what that is.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Well then, are we going to get some actual good old LEGO games on gog, or just the usual Traveller's Tales Schlop?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wish the Lego games had mouse support. Pure keyboard does work, but being used to using a mouse makes it feel clunky.

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
albino boo said:
Steven Bogos said:
albino boo said:
There is a reason why they can't get new AAA games and I think you know what that is.
They're not 'trying' to get new AAA games. They're trying to get good OLD games that are difficult - if not outright impossible - to buy legitimately at this point. Not all the games they offer are old or hard to find, but having more games for sale from more outlets is a good thing for consumers like us.

TLDR: Stop complaining that GoG isn't just another storefront for brand new games.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
GoG has indicated that they want to push out into new games too, the amount of new Indies like Bastion showing up makes that rather clear. I recall reading they changed the logo to GoG over Good Old Games was for this very reason.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Shadowsetzer said:
albino boo said:
Steven Bogos said:
albino boo said:
They're not 'trying' to get new AAA games. They're trying to get good OLD games that are difficult - if not outright impossible - to buy legitimately at this point. Not all the games they offer are old or hard to find, but having more games for sale from more outlets is a good thing for consumers like us.

TLDR: Stop complaining that GoG isn't just another storefront for brand new games.
I'm not complaining I am just pointing out that GoG no drm policy has a consequence. It means they are not ever going to get new AAA games because of no DRM. If you go on origin you will also find all the EA games that are on GoG, including some they give away for free. Their market is being pushed into by much large competitors. When you load of Origin or steam they put adverts in front of you for games. If you are selling popular AAA games more people see those adverts than do so on GoG making a sale more likely. Their no DRM decision is impacting on GoG's medium term viability.