Free Entry Into Arkham Asylum With Nvidia Purchase

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Free Entry Into Arkham Asylum With Nvidia Purchase

If you're thinking of purchasing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PC, and are in dire need of a video card upgrade, don't purchase that game just yet.

For a limited time, Nvidia is going to be offering free copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum with the purchase of qualifying GeForce graphics cards. Purchasers of one of these cards will receive a coupon good to download a digital copy of the game.

Qualifying cards include the GeForce GTX 260, GeForce GTX 275, and the GeForce GTX 285. The offer will be good at participating online retailers [http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_batmanaa_bundle.html] from September 15, 2009 through December 31, 2009. Just in case you are wondering why the deal begins on September 15, the game is being released on the PC a couple of weeks later than its August 25, 2009 Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 release date.

Considering the amazing reviews [http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/batmanarkhamasylum] Arkham Asylum is already getting, this should be a deal worthy of checking out if your video card is not up to snuff.

[Source: Big Download [http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/20/get-free-batman-arkham-asylum-pc-game-with-nvidia-based-graphic/]]

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
new_age_reject said:
What about us that already have a card? :(
Illegally download it in spite of them not doing this sooner O.O

..I'm just joking, of course ^^

..or am I o.o

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
How very strange... They didn't include the GTX 295. I wonder why?

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Nimbus said:
How very strange... They didn't include the GTX 295. I wonder why?
295 isn't an impressive number

OT: It would be nice to see more companies do this. Like if you buy portal you get a coupon for a free basken robbins cake.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Purchasers of one of these cards will receive a coupon good to download a digital copy of the game.
Ugh, a "digital" copy?

I would be much more receptive if they offered to foot the bill for the "physical". (I'd like it even if they only offered to pay for 70-80%...so long as I get the CD.)

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
new_age_reject said:
Get another one?

OT: This is really cool, if I wasn't getting this for my PS3 already I'd get it for my PC.

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
Whistler777 said:
Hopefully when they say GTX 260, they mean the Core 216 version...

Yep. [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130433]

(One of the many graphics cards that offer this awesome deal)

Edit: An strange note. I looked farther into the user reviews (Since I'm very interested in getting this card) and found what this gentleman had to say...

Very Fast Very Cool.

Pros: Have it overclocked stable @ 730core 1574 shader and 1250mhz memory. This is a good step up from my 9800GTX.
Comes with farcry2 in the box. 55nm. Idles @ 36c on stock fan speed in my antec 1200. Plays every game I have maxed except crysis on my acer G24 1920X1200.

Cons: I spend too much money on my dork habit.

Other Thoughts: The black and red theme of this card looks amazing on my Foxconn bloodrage motherboard, antec 1200 all red led fans.
i7@ 3.8ghz 6gb DDR3. Raid0.
...zuh?

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Draco Kaiser said:
Thats cool. I might buy one of the cards since my PC is in dire of upgrade.
Same here, but since I recently bought a 360, I kind of wanna focus my money on actually games rather than systems to play it on. My PC could still use an update though.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Wow. This doesn't concern me becuase I am a console gamer but thats a pretty good deal that these guys are offering!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Hmm. My PC could do with a new graphics card...this does seem like a nice opportunity to upgrade but...hmm. A slightly older one which would be much cheaper or a newer one which may last longer and also come with a game but be more expensive.

Ho hum. Decisions decisions.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
They're doing this because the game is supporting PhysX huh?

Well, I played the demo, and the PhysX is awesome, and the game is awesome.

Now, I must pick between - PS3 version for Joker, or PC version because I love PC and PhysX?

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
dammit, im moving and getting a new computer in 2 months. BAH!

I got Far Cry 1 with my current card, i was happy about that.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
ansem1532 said:
new_age_reject said:
Illegally download it in spite of them not doing this sooner O.O

..I'm just joking, of course ^^

..or am I o.o
Actually, this is a great idea to generate legitimate game sales...
By giving it away.

Wait, I should think this through.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
The fact that they are giving it away for free basically confirms my suspicions from the demo: they don't give a shit about the pc version despite all their promises. Who on earth buys a 275 or a 285 anyway? Twice the money for a 2-3% upgrade in performance compared to the 260, yeah, that sounds like a good deal especially when there's things like the 260XXX which give a 15-16% increase for about $10 more then the original.