Diablo III Patch 2.2 Adds New Goblins, Legendary Sets And More

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Diablo III Patch 2.2 Adds New Goblins, Legendary Sets And More

Blizzard has just announced that quite a few things are still in the works for Diablo III.

There was a nasty rumor floating around a few weeks ago that Diablo III [http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/post/109489028909/exclusive-activision-blizzard-insider-says] Patch 2.2 - a new major content patch that adds new legendary sets, treasure goblins, and more.

First up, one of the main goals with this patch is to introduce more sets that could compete with the most powerful ones currently in the game. Three new 6 piece sets - Unhallowed Essence for the Demon Hunter, Wrath of the Wastes for the Barbarian, and Delsere's Magnum Opus for the Wizard - will be making their debut in the new patch. Check em out below:

[gallery=3836]

In addition, the new patch will redesign-and, in some cases, add-bonuses to existing Sets like Zunimassa's Haunt, Raiment of a Thousand Storms, Roland's Legacy, Tal Rasha's Elements, Inna's Mantra, Natalya's Vengeance, and Immortal King's Call.

There will also be a bunch of tweaks to existing Legendary items with over 15 new "Legendary powers" being added to Legendary gems, armor, rings, and more.

The new patch will also add three new types of treasure goblins in addition to the ones added in Patch 2.1.2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139453-Diablo-III-Patch-2-1-2-Live-Has-New-Goblins-Ancient-Legendaries]. The Gelatinous Sire splits into smaller goblins, the Gilded Baron helps satisfy your never-ending greed for gold, and the Insufferable Miscreant has friends to help him run interference.

Other updates include a new cosmetics window, and changes to the game's file structure to make future patches more smooth. You can check out the full patch preview for more info here [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17989719/first-look-patch-220-2-19-2015].

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17989719/first-look-patch-220-2-19-2015]

StorkV

Sep 6, 2014
Even though I enjoyed Reaper of Souls at launch and season 1 for a few weeks, I can't get myself to play it in season 2.
Feels to repetitive and old... they just don't have enough content to get me play through the game a 3ed time, some legendary set is not enough to motivate me :-\

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
The Gelatinous Sire splits into smaller goblins, the Gilded Baron helps satisfy your never-ending greed for gold, and the Insufferable Miscreant has friends to help him run interference.
Might wanna use quotation marks when lifting sentences directly from the source.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
I'm excited for this post, but I'm a little concerned over the changes to Inna's Mantra and Immortal King's Call since those are actually really good set bonuses that happen to be passive. Blizzard seems to be fighting against that since they redesigned Marauder's set bonuses. Thank goodness they're redesigning the other sets though since most of them are unplayable compared to the power of the other set bonuses.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Scars Unseen said:
Obligatory "I'll buy it when it's patched for offline single player" post.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it!

Maybe whenever there is a d3 article that post should just automatically be added to save everyone some time.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Still confused about if these patches are applied to PS3 versions of the game? I heard once that the PS3/Xbox 360 versions where not going to see any future patches? Anyone know if this is true or not?

deathmothon

Nov 30, 2013
Should I buy this game? I liked D2 but only played it single player. I've heard the story is much weaker but how is the lore and atmosphere?

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Deathmothon,

You can get the game for ps3/xbox 360 with the expansion for $15-20 now....so it's pretty cheap for alot of content. Not sure if new patches are going to be released for the older systems though. It's about double that price for PC (as you still have to buy the game and expansion seperately...at about $20 each).

It's not nearly as good as DS2 ever was, but, for $20 it's a good deal.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
"okay, so this armor set for the demon hunter looks pretty good, but what if we-" *draws a big red circle* "-just remove all of this part in the front?"

"sir, that's the part that protects her from damage"

"well yeah, but how is anybody gonna see her character design and depth if all of this...stuff is in the way"

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
deathmothon said:
Should I buy this game? I liked D2 but only played it single player. I've heard the story is much weaker but how is the lore and atmosphere?
Get it on a console, the SP is fair enough but the Always Online caveat is a huge pain.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
A problem with Diablo 3 is the min-maxing and player's inability to create guides for others that doesn't involve having the best gear or certain key legionaries.

When I go online to look for build guides, I am looking for help. I don't want to read guides that tell me how to build my character around having loot that I don't have and are unlikely to get.

It means when I stop playing due to my tolerance of the loot treadmill wanes, I have little interest trying to get back into it.