8 Bizarre Video Game Glitches You Need to See

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Bizarre Video Game Glitches You Need to See

These eight video game glitches range from amusing to annoying to world-breaking.

Read Full Article

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Is it just me or is there something very creepy about RDR to begin with? The glitch in itself is terrifying but the world and its inhabitants already seem to have gone through something very, very wrong. The 'Stranger' missions creep me out with their implied tales of rape, drugs, delusion, necrophilia, cannibalism, prostitution and the mortal embodiment of death itself (and I'm probably forgetting quite a few). The mournful little tune that plays whenever you accept/complete one of these missions doesn't help either. And then there're these random encounters in the desert, I remember coming across a lot of sobbing people who would shoot themselves the minute I turned around or just riding past scenes of carnage and wondering what the hell had happened there.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
The Tiger Woods one made me laugh. Sure, it's obvious as heck how they did the 'real' take, but it was nicely done.

I'm going to call up the Xcom glitch though - where Sectopods decide that they've had enough of your puny tactics and just teleport into the middle of your squad...

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
The_Darkness said:
The Tiger Woods one made me laugh. Sure, it's obvious as heck how they did the 'real' take, but it was nicely done.

I'm going to call up the Xcom glitch though - where Sectopods decide that they've had enough of your puny tactics and just teleport into the middle of your squad...
Ever had a muton land on you? In the DLC that involves a battleship over China mutons are set to drop at certain locations, I just happened to have a soldier in one of those locations.
The worst part? I was using soldiers named for me and my friends and that's me the fat bugger landed on.

Also I wouldn't call what giants do to you in Skyrim a glitch, pretty sure it's only a glitch if you survive.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Qvar said:
I always thought the Skyrim one was a feature, not a bug.
Yeah, all the actual bugs in Skyrim and this list includes the Giant Space Program? Not backward flying dragons (patched,) multiple Louis Letrushes (patched,) or any one of the hundreds of other patched out glitches in the game... but instead includes a supposed glitch that's somehow IMPOSSIBLE to patch out?

Ok?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I have never heard of the manimals glitch, nor have i encountered any during the game. How can i make it happen?

My greatest glitch memories were of the original halo where you could freeze your whole team, so any timed sticky explosive weapons could be stuck to them without ever exploding until you decide to walk past a certain checkpoint. At which time they go off, continiously ragdolling the poor sods/vehicles all over the place until the explosives expire. The only real challenge was finding enough explosives.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
The Corrupted Blood plague was a good number one pick. I'm surprised people don't talk about it more often (then again it is 10 years old).
I wish was there to experience it.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
The Corrupted Blood Plague glitch was hilarious. Watching as dozens of player characters spontaneously break into death animations while listening/reading chat like they were in Pompeii (but without any mortalities or actual harm) had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
gmaverick019 said:
ah surprised you guys didn't include the wind waker glitch!

*ignore audio*
That's hacking the game. It doesn't count as a glitch if you have to mess with the code. These are the ones which deserve to be included (except #2, which is already in this list):

Sep 14, 2009
CaitSeith said:
gmaverick019 said:
ah surprised you guys didn't include the wind waker glitch!

*ignore audio*
That's hacking the game. It doesn't count as a glitch if you have to mess with the code. These are the ones which deserve to be included (except #2, which is already in this list):

ah my mistake, I had seen it tons of times before and had never seen it mentioned as a hack, no wonder I couldn't find much on it via a google search.

edit: now that I look at the youtube video title...I feel like an idiot....

...is it friday yet?