Tracers - Parkour: The Movie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Tracers - Parkour: The Movie

Taylor Lautner returns to lead an action movie and ... it's better than the last time he tried to do that.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
Having never really seen Taylor Lautner act, I always assumed that he was good at romantic scenes solely because he was in Twilight. Why would you cast him as a romantic lead if he can't act? Are hunky teen actors that hard to lure away from CW?

Ah well, I've got no problem fast-forwarding through bad acting to watch somebody run up the side of a building.

Drake Barrow

Jan 10, 2010
Hey Marter, a slight correction is warranted. Lautner headlined a film called Abduction in 2011. Granted, critical buzz says it was forgettable, but he has done something outside of Twilight and this. Otherwise, you do solid work.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Drake Barrow said:
Hey Marter, a slight correction is warranted. Lautner headlined a film called Abduction in 2011. Granted, critical buzz says it was forgettable, but he has done something outside of Twilight and this. Otherwise, you do solid work.
Literally the first sentence of the review links to Abduction.

Thanks!

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
What I'm getting from this review is that I should just watch District 13 again. Think I can manage that.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
You do seem to be reviewing a hell of a lot of 2-3 star uninspiring crap to kick off this new gig. :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed you're able to find 2 pages worth of stuff to say about them consistently, but I sure hope you get to flex your critic muscles on something a bit more meaty soon, either good or interestingly/hilariously terrible. Even Adam Sandler can't step up to the plate in that regard right now it would seem.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
You do seem to be reviewing a hell of a lot of 2-3 star uninspiring crap to kick off this new gig. :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed you're able to find 2 pages worth of stuff to say about them consistently, but I sure hope you get to flex your critic muscles on something a bit more meaty soon, either good or interestingly/hilariously terrible. Even Adam Sandler can't step up to the plate in that regard right now it would seem.
2015 has sucked so far. When one of the five best movies I've seen this year -- and I've seen, now, 56 movies that have either been released or will be released in 2015 -- is one I rated 6/10, that's a problem.

I'm really looking forward to Ex Machina next month. Really, really looking forward to Ex Machina.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Marter said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:

2015 has sucked so far. When one of the five best movies I've seen this year -- and I've seen, now, 56 movies that have either been released or will be released in 2015 -- is one I rated 6/10, that's a problem.

I'm really looking forward to Ex Machina next month. Really, really looking forward to Ex Machina.
I hear that. Well, as it is, you're doing a good job of saving me money! xD

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I'm either getting old or movies are usually fairly shit with a few diamonds and maybe-diamonds in-between the shit times. Thinking back I may have had a handful of years of the 35 (well 32-33 I'm somewhat conscious of) I've lived so far that actually had more than one or two great movies in them.
I hardly see movies in the theater anymore, unless something looks worth paying near $20 to see once (and that doesn't include popcorn or drinks) in a theater full of 60-80% assholes (yeah I don't like people much), I don't go out of my way to see it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Marter said:
January to March are the months where studios put the movies they don't expect to amount to much. We have Age of Ultron to look forward to this year at least.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Other than the inclusion of the "word" "beau," this was a pretty good review. As a big parkour fan, I'll probably just watch a 'best of' on Youtube or something.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
008Zulu said:
Marter said:
January to March are the months where studios put the movies they don't expect to amount to much. We have Age of Ultron to look forward to this year at least.
Yes, I know. But this year feels especially bad. Maybe it's not, but it feels that way. There's lots to look forward to, but those mostly start coming out in May.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Good to see Lautner will not be breaking into Jason Statham's and Carl Urban's action territory anytime soon.

Drake Barrow

Jan 10, 2010
Marter said:
Drake Barrow said:
Literally the first sentence of the review links to Abduction.

Thanks!
Whoops, my bad. Missed the link, and I was just going off the text of the review.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Please tell me the film tries to explain at least partially how a bike carrier can suddenly develop the skills required to parkour in the duration of what I imagine is probably a week or two at best...

Also Marter, do you plan to always do written reviews or will you move to video reviews eventually? *is kinda lazy and doesn't want to have to read everything* :D

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Demagogue said:
Please tell me the film tries to explain at least partially how a bike carrier can suddenly develop the skills required to parkour in the duration of what I imagine is probably a week or two at best...He training montages his way to super parkour skills!

Also Marter, do you plan to always do written reviews or will you move to video reviews eventually? *is kinda lazy and doesn't want to have to read everything* :D
Not really up to me. Right now, all that's planned is written.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I'm a sucker for parkour so I'll probably watch this at some point. If I can actually remember to do that.

I probably won't remember to do that.