#008: Rad's Solution

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
[Use an epic voice] When the Nazi ItaniPakistanites attacked the Mushroom kingdom, all seemed lost. Their freedom would be taken. [Explosions] Their rights destroyed. [More explosions] Unitil, [cut to black], one man rose to stop them...

Troy baker: Itsa me...Mario! [Explosions and machineguns]

TB: Wahoo! [Obligatory missile launch]

[Brief view of Bowser in a mechsuit]

TB: Mama Mia!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Rad: "Has he tried jumping on their heads?"

Erin: "Does teabagging count?"

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Can you jump on Bowser's head? If you drop him in lava, does that mean he won't come back?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Queen Michael said:
Jandau said:

You ninjaing ninja, you! I was gonna say that, you ninja!

But yeah, it should count - it's on their head and it IS a sort of hopping motion...

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Brown dudes? Call of Duty 1 - 3 and World at War are against German's, Modern Warfare 2 and Advanced Warfare are against American's and Modern Warfare 1 and 3 and Black ops 1 are against Russian's all white guys, that's 9 out of 11 games.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Huh, this is probably my favourite so far. I'm sure a lot of people won't see past the CoD bashing, but it's sweet how naive Rad is.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
P-89 Scorpion said:
Brown dudes? Call of Duty 1 - 3 and World at War are against German's, Modern Warfare 2 and Advanced Warfare are against American's and Modern Warfare 1 and 3 and Black ops 1 are against Russian's all white guys, that's 9 out of 11 games.
The first mission in Black Ops 1 is in Cuba. Not a lot of russian soldiers there... (unless they got a bad suntan)

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
CaitSeith said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
The first mission in Black Ops 1 is in Cuba. Not a lot of russian soldiers there... (unless they got a bad suntan)
Maybe if they set a game in Essex, then we can fight orange people.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TopazFusion said:
These game titles are great plays-on-words.

Also, jumping on their heads is crazy enough that it just might work.
And the coins they'll produce can make it easier to maintain an arsenal!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Jandau said:

If this were YouTube comment, I wouldn't be sure whether to give you a thumbs-up in agreement or a thumbs-down because that was the joke I was going to make, too.

Queen Michael said:
Jandau said:

You ninjaing ninja, you! I was gonna say that, you ninja!
Wait, what? I've been ninja'd in my complaining about ninja-ing?!

OT: I like this one, but it feels a bit like preaching to the choir. Call of Duty and its spunkgargleweewee ilk have been the butt of the joke for so long now, that it's kind of a given to joke about their sameness, simplistic gameplay and iffy portrayal of its villains. I hope we'll get to see something more... unexpected in the near future. :)

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
P-89 Scorpion said:
CoD4 : pretty much every enemy you fight as the U.S. are Arabs or Arab-looking peoples of Unspecifiedistan. As the S.A.S. you do fight mostly Russians, correct.
WaW: As the U.S. you fight the Japanese. The Soviets fight the Germans. (Unfortunately the British campaign was cut).
MW2: Mostly Russian enemies. Right at the very end you do indeed fight some Americans and very early on you fight some Brazilians and some Afghans (separate levels).
BO1: Mostly Russians again (if memory serves), some Vietnamese, some Cubans, and in one level, a handful of British troops (S.A.S. I think).
MW3: More Russians, a few Africans, can't remember too much about this one.
BO2: I don't even know.
Ghosts: Mostly Middle/South-Americans, I think?
AW: I think you fight a PMC or something?

It's not all about shooting brown dudes, but there's quite a large helping of brown dude shooting in there. Can't really be helped when the core of the game is "shoot dudes".

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Now I've seen a lot of CoD jokes. I've suffered through a lot of bad, lazy CoD jokes. This wasn't one of them.

That was adorable.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Too bad they're slowly killing the jump button in every genre outside of platformers. Those fucks!