DA: Inquisition's Jaws of Hakkon Coming to "All" Platforms in May

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
DA: Inquisition's Jaws of Hakkon Coming to "All" Platforms in May

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/582573210107027456]

BioWare has announced a May release window for the PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 versions of its Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140205-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Jaws-of-Hakkon-Story-DLC-Launches-Tomorrow>Last week, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dragon%20age%20inquisition?os=dragon+age+inquisition>Dragon Age: Inquisition fans received a treat in the form of the game's first piece of major story DLC: Jaws of Hakkon. As exciting as this release was for some however, it was a bit more bitter for others. Despite Inquisition being available on five different gaming platforms, its March 24th release was only for PC and Xbox One. Everyone else was left to wait and wonder when they too would get their chance to venture into the Frostback Basin.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139606-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Tavern-Songs-Made-Free-Downloads>BioWare provided an answer to that question today, though we're not entirely sure if it will cheer anyone up. According to a Tweet published a few hours ago, Jaws of Hakkon will be releasing on the PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 sometime "in May." The delayed release on these consoles, of course, comes as part of a timed-exclusivity deal that required the developer to launch the new DLC on PC and Xbox One first. In other news, scientists have confirmed that timed-exclusivity deals still suck.

The big question now, of course, is when in May the DLC will make its way to the other consoles. There's a big difference, after all, between May 1st and May 31st in terms of how long gamers have to wait. Here's hoping the eventual release date veers more toward the earlier end of the month rather than the later one.

Source: <a href=https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/582573210107027456>Twitter

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
In other news, by then my excitement over it will die down and I'll buy something else.

When a company takes an exclusivity deal, they're literally deciding that their customers' money is not worth the same as less money from a corporation. If they don't want my money, I am content to oblige.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Well, considering i didn't even finish the tedious sidestuff in the main game, i don't see any reason why i should be excited to pay 15 Euros to get more of it.
The Quests in Inquisition are just not of the quality that i am sitting here thinking: "Yeah, gotta get me some more of that!"

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
I really like Inquisiton. I do. But this DLC has nothing to do with ANYTHING. I was so meh about it I decided to spend my money on Pillars of Eternity instead. Money well spent.

owbu

Feb 14, 2011
I wonder if this will be like the horrible side stuff or the cool main quest or both.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Soo, I haven't played DA3. But who is the dragon lady/kerrigan look-a-like on the thumbnail? Hakkon?

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Haha I finished it days ago on PC. Man that sucks for console people.

Then again its a pretty meh dlc overall. New area is nice n big n looks pretty cool but all the side quests are forgettable and the main story is like 3 missions long and really just boils down to find the guy, cool you found him now fight the dragon, great you beat it here's a bear thanks cya.

For 25 bucks eh I didn't feel ripped off per say but I expected a bit more.

Shinkicker444 said:
Soo, I haven't played DA3. But who is the dragon lady/kerrigan look-a-like on the thumbnail? Hakkon?
Look at the thumbnail again, its not what you think you saw.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Huh. Well, I do feel less gutted about trading in Inquisition to get Bloodborne now so this is kinda good news for me.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Do you ever log in to Origin to passive aggressively force them to update all the games you've bought from EA and then log out and close the program and not open it again for a few months?

I do that. And this time when I did it I noticed they wanted 15 dollars for a few hours of "extra" story content which simply is designed to pad out the main campaign with more stuff to do...and the "free updates" are just multiplayer maps that are designed to get people to buy their korean lotto boxes.

So yeah, I exited Origin and am not likely to start it up again for another couple of months....least til theres some substantially large patches I can passive aggressively download.

NeutralStasis

Sep 23, 2014
May? At that point I will be playing Witcher 3. I am iffy on DLC as a rule, but exclusivity is making the decision for me.

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
NeutralStasis said:
May? At that point I will be playing Witcher 3. I am iffy on DLC as a rule, but exclusivity is making the decision for me.
I'm really hyped for May - Witcher, Splatoon, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Magicka 2

NeutralStasis

Sep 23, 2014
Las7 said:
NeutralStasis said:
I'm really hyped for May - Witcher, Splatoon, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Magicka 2
Me too. May is going to be a rough month on my wallet. This whole summer I am seeing games that will be added to my collection. Good times....good times.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I REALLY fear for Fallout 4's DLC if F4 is made.

Also calling it now, DAI DLC for PS4 will be delayed until the GOTY edition just like Skyrim was.