Blizzard April Fools' Roundup: T.I.N.D.R, Big Head Mode, And More

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Blizzard April Fools' Roundup: T.I.N.D.R, Big Head Mode, And More

Blizzard, as always, has some pretty top notch April Fools' Day jokes for (almost) all of its major franchises.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The guys behind my UI addon decided to do something for April Fools, too.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
The guys behind my UI addon decided to do something for April Fools, too.

Nice. hehe.

OT: I was kind of hoping for something better for the card game like a gag background or a useless ultra rare card that everyone gets.

More than that, though, I would have really appreciated a fake announcement that they were bringing back starcraft ghost.

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
Okay, I can't be the only person who thinks that Big Head mode actually looks better than the base game. The doll-like aspect of it makes the strange fantasy battle between an ancient evil and a foul-mouthed convict over pirate treasure seem... right.

Plus, it's babby's first Dota, so it may as well look the part.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Blizzard's WoW patch note joke were probably the most funny thing I have read all week. Linky for all who are interested!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16858965991

It is quite funny, especially if you are an avid player and understand some of the things they poke fun at(like people complaining about hunters, or the state of pvp in the game).

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
It's just as well that Diablo didn't get anything. The people that go to that site would just complain about how they should have used that time to make D3 the best game ever.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Ticklefist said:
It's just as well that Diablo didn't get anything. The people that go to that site would just complain about how they should have used that time to make D3 the best game ever.
That or "they already did a joke by convincing us this was a decent game BAWWWWW".

Still think they should have gone with all-pony rifts all the time, or some such.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Kinitawowi said:
Ticklefist said:
That or "they already did a joke by convincing us this was a decent game BAWWWWW".

Still think they should have gone with all-pony rifts all the time, or some such.
Could you imagine? I've read threads where people have taken Whimsyshire as a personal insult.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Well, to be fair, Whimsyshire was actually created as sattire based on complaints that D3 was too colourful when it was first revealed.

Still think the complaints are blown out of proportion though.