Furious Seven - The Fastest and Most Furious

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Furious Seven - The Fastest and Most Furious

Dominic Toretto and his crew are back for "one last ride." Is it a ride worth taking? Absolutely.

Read Full Article

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
And in a quick succession, the year turns around! I'll probably go see this without haven seen the other ones, then go back over the other ones in the future and be all like "oh yeah I get it now".

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014

You know, it seems kind of excellent of you to make that other leading up thing for the Fast and Furious franchise since you already say none of them are as good as this.

This might actually be a pretty good weekend for positive movie reviews given how you'll also be reviewing It Follows tomorrow. But then again, I'm not entirely sure about your tastes in horror films. =P

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
You know. I actually like all the fast and furious movies. They are a guilty pleasure of mine, they are fun.

Also they have The Rock. Which is not a guilty pleasure, there is nothing guilty about Dwayne Johnson and his entirely eyebrow based form of emotional expression.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well damn, sounds like I might have to watch this at some point.

For some reason, the only F&F film I've seen is Tokyo Drift, and it was decent, but didn't particularly make me want to watch any of the rest of them.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I did enjoy the last two movies to an extent. I'm kind of glad to hear that this ended on a relatively high note.
Gonna have to check it out.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks for the review Marter. Question: how goes Tony Jaa's contribution - is he in the film much, does he get a lot to do?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Teoes said:
Thanks for the review Marter. Question: how goes Tony Jaa's contribution - is he in the film much, does he get a lot to do?
He plays Henchman X and gets like two fight scenes, only the last of which is particularly good.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, Marter likes this one.
This is the end times, people.

Also, obligatory Seth Rollins gif to remind you that you sold out.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Wait, Marter likes this one.
This is the end times, people.

Also, obligatory Seth Rollins gif to remind you that you sold out.

Nononononoono.... He BOUGHT IN. C'mon now... you haven't been reading your promo's properly.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
OK, I'll be seeing this ASAP!!!

I read that they expect $100 million USA domestic this weekend. It deserves it for getting this old guy to get to the cinema.

I hope it is all the trailer promises!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
Does Tony Jaa fight The Rock? Because I would watch that.
Nope. His fight scenes are limited to Brian O'Conner (whether that be Paul Walker or Paul's brothers w/CGI faces).

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Marter said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Does Tony Jaa fight The Rock? Because I would watch that.
Nope. His fight scenes are limited to Brian O'Conner (whether that be Paul Walker or Paul's brothers w/CGI faces).
They missed out on a great opportunity. Come on that would've been fucking awesome.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
They missed out on a great opportunity. Come on that would've been fucking awesome.
They did. The Rock spends most of the movie bedridden, unfortunately. He only shows up at the beginning (to fight Statham) and at the end (to do things that I don't want to spoil because they're awesome).

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I am tempted to watch it in the theater. I got a feeling I would get kicked out for laughing too much. That almost happened when I saw the trailer for this movie a month ago.

Fast & Furious series is one of the consistently unintentionally funny movie series of all time. The absurd stunts make the movies look like a live-action cartoon. Which are fun to watch, but it takes me out of the movie. Combine that with the stilted, wooden performances. It makes for a great night out. If you want do want to make smart remarks about a bad movie.

So, I'll wait a year until it's on TV. Then, I'll grab a bag of popcorn and ridicule the latest movie.