A View From the Road: Identity (Epic) Quest

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
A View From the Road: Identity (Epic) Quest

Your WoW identity may not be the same as your real life identity, but at BlizzCon, it doesn't quite matter.

Read Full Article

CymTyr

Mar 22, 2009
I enjoyed WoW for a long time, but have moved on. I'm glad so many people still enjoy it, and I'm sure you lot at Blizzcon had a blast.

Thanks for the read!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
That druid flowchart is awesome. While I mainly play an affliction warlock (something I take a lot of flak about since APPARENTLY I can do soooo much more damage if I'd just go destruction) I've dabbled in a few other classes, druid being one of the ones I've gone kind of higher level on. The best part to me, though, is the last line, and every raid has one: STOP STANDING IN VOID ZONES!

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I only ever played the demo for WoW, twice... but man I am in love with that diagram. JOHN FUCKING MADDEN.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I don't play MMOs from fear of addiction but i can sure appreciate the social aspect to playing WOW.

And my resolution not to play MMOs is going out the window as soon as Star Wars: TOR is released.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
coldfrog said:
That druid flowchart is awesome. While I mainly play an affliction warlock (something I take a lot of flak about since APPARENTLY I can do soooo much more damage if I'd just go destruction) I've dabbled in a few other classes, druid being one of the ones I've gone kind of higher level on. The best part to me, though, is the last line, and every raid has one: STOP STANDING IN VOID ZONES!
I take a lot of flak because my Destruction Warlock could do more damage if it was Affliction. I eventually went Demonology and just let my Fel Guard do everything for me. My DPS went up immediately :p

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I like the articles and the views on MMO's but will the main feature of these always be WoW?
It's somewhat of putting.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Wizzie said:
I like the articles and the views on MMO's but will the main feature of these always be WoW?
It's somewhat of putting.
Not always. But seeing as BlizzCon was last week, it was a bit relevant :)

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Not always. But seeing as BlizzCon was last week, it was a bit relevant :)
Alright that's cool, I like reading them but they seem to gravitate mostly around WoW (which I'm aware you're a fan of, so your experiance will stem from that) but as a non Wow player I would like to see a little more MMO colour in there.
Thank you for the reply.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Good read Mr. Funk. I however am a Orc Warrior Def spec'd tank. Im just saying, a warrior can out tank a druid. No offense to you or your pin buddy

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
well, as a WoW addict, i must say, this is quite the interesting article.
i usually roll a human (yes, im alliance now,), and tend to make him what i wish i looked like: with long, black hair. from there, i pick a class that matches my personality for the day im currently having. Grumpy? Rogue. Happy? Priest. Down right useless? Warlock.
and with the changes coming to cataclysm, im thinking of doing what everyone else has to do, which is forget the past, and head for the future. personally, i wanna be a tauren prot pally. that would kick some serious ass from a tanking perspective.

PS: i hate you hunters so much. worgen as a pet my ass...

zifnabxar

Mar 1, 2009
Mr. Funk, a great article. My friends are just starting to get me into WoW and I'm always amazed at the communities (or should I say community) that have arisen around it.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Chipperz said:
coldfrog said:
I take a lot of flak because my Destruction Warlock could do more damage if it was Affliction. I eventually went Demonology and just let my Fel Guard do everything for me. My DPS went up immediately :p
I'd play Demonology but it's so boring to me. I love the challenge of paying attention to the rotation and hitting everything at just the right time, but on the other hand I've been playing affliction since before Wrath came out and the other two could be totally different from what I remember back in BC days.

Wheeeee warlocks!

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Druids suck, all (female) Blood Elves own.

PS: Alliance sucks.
actually, druids are awesome, and that's why the game needs belf droods.

(they were awesome back when i played anyway. i'm not sure why they would suck now.)

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Druids suck, all (female) Blood Elves own.

PS: Alliance sucks.
Don't hate . Appreciate .

The only thing we should hate are female Horde players who roll Blood Elves for looks.