Go to Bed With Your Favorite Video Game Characters (In Quilt Form)

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Go to Bed With Your Favorite Video Game Characters (In Quilt Form)

Megan Healey creates and sells custom quilts and bedding based on retro video game characters.

A few weeks ago my wife and I went shopping for a new comforter. After years of cat-driven wear and tear, our old one had finally reached its breaking point. Hoping to find a replacement we loaded our daughter up into the car and headed down to Bed Bath & Beyond where we found a pretty decent deal. Thrilled by the bargain, I've since spent the past few weeks basking in that special glow that comes to cheapskates like me when they get something good for less. Then the internet had to go ruin it by showing me just how awesome a comforter can actually be.

More specifically, I stumbled onto <a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/8bitHealey?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav>Megan Healey's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/etsy>Etsy store. A full-time quilter and seamstress, Healey focuses her time and talents on taking imagery from beloved <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/video%20games?os=video+games>video games and turning them into awesome nerd-centric bedding. Healey began making her game-themed bedding back in 2012, after her boss "made the mistake" of asking to take on a sewing project that had her sewing eight hours a day for an entire week. Realizing how much she loved it, she decided to become a "full-time quilter." Included among her various products are quilts, comforters, blankets and pillow cases inspired by beloved titles such as <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20legend%20of%20zelda?os=the+legend+of+zelda>The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Super Mario, Minecraft, Metal Gear Solid and more. While each is priced individually, they seem to standardly run between about $150-300.

Just looking at her work, I feel safe in saying that she made the right choice. While the prices of her handmade products might be too high for some, there are plenty of gamers out who would pay an arm and a leg for the ability to cuddle up beneath a map of Hyrule every night. Hoping to learn more about her work, I've out reached to Healey through her Etsy page. While we wait for her response why don't you guys take a gander at some of her goods and let us know what you think?
[gallery=4004]

Source: <a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/8bitHealey?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav>Etsy

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Wellllll, somebody had to do it at some point. I'm surprised it took this long to be publicised.
To be honest, it isn't the same if they aren't embracing you in their arms, whispering sweet nothings into your ear. Though, looking at the price, surely i could just pay a hooker to cosplay a Koopa Trooper and cuddle me for the night? Wonder if they'll agree to a Solid Snake performance too...

Edit: Oops, that last sentence was NOT supposed to sound that way. I actually meant cosplaying Snake but...ummm, it's too late now, isn't it?

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
I want all of them!

@#16 Metal Gear for the NES?

Checked the Etsy. It's "Snake" in a box. So yeah. Metal Gear.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Well I've just lost ~£50 and my self respect.

On the other hand, I now have a Sailor Moon pillowcase. You bastards, you've really done it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
This is like, one step away from going to bed with a daki.

It's a slippery slope people! I'm warning you!

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
VanQ said:

As long as I don't what a daki is I'll never fall down that slope :D

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
Risingblade said:
VanQ said:

I don't know for sure, but from context I'll guess it's a love pillow.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Brown_Coat117 said:
Risingblade said:
VanQ said:

Eww...that's one slope i'll gladly like to see fenced off.

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
Risingblade said:
Brown_Coat117 said:
Risingblade said:
VanQ said:

lol. With all due respect to VanQ I would personally say that it's more like 3 steps rather than 1, take that as you will.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Brown_Coat117 said:
Risingblade said:
Brown_Coat117 said:
Risingblade said:
VanQ said:

lol. With all due respect to VanQ I would personally say that it's more like 3 steps rather than 1, take that as you will.
Great, now I'll never know what step two is!