Honest Games Trailers Takes on Bloodborne

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
Honest Games Trailers Takes on Bloodborne

"Rated S for Spoilers."

You've been warned - spoilers ahead.

The folks at Smosh Games [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ2ZDzMRgSrxmwphstrm8Ww] have taken on Bloodborne in the newest Honest Games Trailer, and it's bloody fantastic. Walking both uninitiated and seasoned players alike through the world of Dark Souls Bloodborne, this Honest Trailer cuts no corners in describing the gritty, gory nature of the game along and the many varied ways the game utilizes its preferred liquid, blood.

This tongue-in-cheek summary of Bloodborne describes the game's underlying inspirations, from literary references and homages to other video games, all while ensuring the audience understands how truly gruesome the game's monsters and battles are. Also included in the video is a not-so-subtle jab at the annoying loading screen and a comparison of Bloodborne's protagonist to another very famous video game hero. Can you guess who?

Give yourself a well-deserved break and watch the Bloodborne trailer below. In the meantime, I'll be out searching for some awesome top hats to add to my collection.

Is there anything the video might have missed? Let us know your thoughts while you wait on that loading screen.

Source: Smosh Games [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsc-U8b4E8]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
That was a pretty good one. I lost it at Metroid and Babe, Pig in the City.

Speaking of Metroid, I just finished my 3rd playthrough of BB and I am still creeped out by Mergo, the brain abortion D:

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Slow news day huh?

I appreciate Smosh getting a bit more exposure though.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
An anime looking Doll + A Magical Squid ... Japanese developers ... It's really a GOOD ending for someone I guess

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so as much as enjoy the Honest Trailers videos, I don't see why this gets a news article. I mean, why this one? Why not all the other videos they've done?

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
gigastar said:
Slow news day huh?
More likely The Escapist was paid off, knowing the credibility of game journalism these days. I THOUGHT with Tito (God bless the man) getting fired The Escapist might get more clean, but after today I?m not so sure. Smosh Games is getting free publicity for one of their shows that they do weekly? I?m curious what kind of money is getting passed around behind this article... This article is disgusting and feels more like an advertisement than any kind of news or reporting.

After the cleansing, I thought the Escapist was going to be ethical and do some good journalism, but maybe that wasn?t the case at all... Maybe Tito was fired, not because of his association with GameJournoPros, but because he let Gamergaters freely talk on the site.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Love these guys. Wonder why this never showed up in my inbox though ... fucking broken Youtube ...

Steve Waltz said:
gigastar said:
Slow news day huh?
More likely The Escapist was paid off, knowing the credibility of game journalism these days. I THOUGHT with Tito (God bless the man) getting fired The Escapist might get more clean, but after today I?m not so sure. Smosh Games is getting free publicity for one of their shows that they do weekly? I?m curious what kind of money is getting passed around behind this article... This article is disgusting and feels more like an advertisement than any kind of news or reporting.

After the cleansing, I thought the Escapist was going to be ethical and do some good journalism, but maybe that wasn?t the case at all... Maybe Tito was fired, not because of his association with GameJournoPros, but because he let Gamergaters freely talk on the site.
God forbid a story be purely entertaining anymore.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Love these guys. Wonder why this never showed up in my inbox though ... fucking broken Youtube ...

Steve Waltz said:
gigastar said:
Slow news day huh?

I'm almost certain he was being facetious (I wasn't sure until he used the word "cleansing"). Though, maybe you were too.

OT: This was a great video. I haven't even played the game yet and I still found it funny. Starring Babe, Pig in the City got me the most.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
RedDeadFred said:
Lunar Templar said:

Steve Waltz said:
gigastar said:
Slow news day huh?

I'm almost certain he was being facetious (I wasn't sure until he used the word "cleansing"). Though, maybe you were too.

OT: This was a great video. I haven't even played the game yet and I still found it funny. Starring Babe, Pig in the City got me the most.
Who can tell anymore? Joking or not it's not like it doesn't sound like some of those people that think game journalism 'can be righted', even though, ya know, it doesn't matter half as much as they'd like you to think

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
enginieri said:
An anime looking Doll + A Magical Squid ... Japanese developers ... It's really a GOOD ending for someone I guess
I'd upvote the hell out of you if I could, lol. laughing and drinking my tea at the same time is not good. She'll take REAL good care of you...

*cuts to post credits scene of doll girl having calamari and chips for lunch*

REAL Good care.

Johnlives

Dec 6, 2009
Steve Waltz said:
gigastar said:
snip
Smoosh is part of Defy media I believe.

If they want to keep bringing the videos here I'm on board. Always good for a chuckle and saves me going anywhere.

Now I just have to decide if I spend the rest of the day watching these trailers or Garth Marengi or do something productive

Edit: really messed up that quoting

DerangedHobo

Jan 11, 2012
Is... is this a 'news article' promoting a popular YouTube video?

Also included in the video is a not-so-subtle jab at the annoying loading screen and a comparison of Bloodborne's protagonist to another very famous video game hero. Can you guess who?
Oh, you mean like every Honest Trailer's video in existence? I mean, if this is what passes at news I'll volunteer my services to The Escapist, hell, I'll whore out whatever dumb unfunny 'creator of content' you want for pennies, give me an email and I'll send in my CV.